Paragon Chat > Announcements

Press Release: Paragon Chat Realignment

(1/9) > >>

Codewalker:
Important Announcement!
For immediate release.

Over the 9 months that Paragon Chat has been in operation, we have been closely observing the demographics of our target audience so that we can take their preferences into account. One thing we didn't expect was how much attention the project received from non-City of Heroes roleplayers, especially those hailing from a superpowered metropolis set in Michigan.

With the aid of several supercomputers, we used advanced datamining and hyperbolic extrapolation techniques to get a better feel for the situation. This data suggests that non-COH roleplayers using Paragon Chat outnumber former COH players by as much as ten to one. That certainly shocked us!

To help make these players feel more at home, we're rolling out a series of changes to Paragon Chat.

Phase 1 is already complete. Not only has the user interface been simplified, but with the 1.0 update we have introduced extra lag and stuttering in player movement.

Phase 2 involves upgrades to the game's graphics engine. The look is just dated, and not very representative of the source media. We have hired a crack team of graphics engineers, and they have spent literally tens of minutes coding a new graphics engine to replicate that unique comic book aesthetic that everyone knows and loves. We expect to integrate this new engine into Paragon Chat very Soon(TM). Here are some teaser images to whet your appetite - click on a thumbnail for a close up look!

If the population keeps growing at its current rate, we will consider a Phase 3 and possible rebranding of the project to Millennium Chat. These are exciting times!

AnimeMoose:
So the artwork will be this instead of the classic COX game?  I will admit that I am not a fan of this cell-shading style of artwork and it is one of the reasons I never got into Cham.... or however we are suppose to call  that other game.

FloatingFatMan:

--- Quote from: AnimeMoose on April 01, 2016, 08:27:28 AM ---So the artwork will be this instead of the classic COX game?  I will admit that I am not a fan of this cell-shading style of artwork and it is one of the reasons I never got into Cham.... or however we are suppose to call  that other game.

--- End quote ---

Dude... Look at the date...

alltrueist:
This is savage, but hilarious

Golden Girl:
You'll need to update the character models too to make them look properly subhuman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version