Author Topic: Bullguard-related issues: RESOLVED  (Read 2948 times)

Davy

• Underling
  • Hey everybody it's me~
Bullguard-related issues: RESOLVED
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:06:18 PM »
Bullguard outright refuses to let the ParagonChatClient.exe file exist and I'm somewhat at an impasse. Currently the only solution I can see is just straight up stop using my anti-virus which isn't my first choice.

I'm not the most tech savvy but if anyone has any other suggestions I'd like to hear them.

Edit: Fixed it mostly. Managed to get BG to behave.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:38:36 PM by Davy »

Axiss

• Underling
Re: Bullguard-related issues
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »
Hey Davy,

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11850.0.html

Little late, but it's worth dumping this here since it hasn't been moved to this section of the forums for reference... at worst you can pass the general process on to friends who might have issues.

Check that thread out... I can't tell you how to do it with BullGuard, but once you are able to install and launch PChat with your AV disabled, it should be good to go after you add those 3 exceptions I point out in the guide...

Bone up on your version of BullGuard online to find out how to add exceptions from scanning and enabling/disabling the AV if you need to, and see how it goes! Hopefully well enough.

Davy

• Underling
  • Hey everybody it's me~
Re: Bullguard-related issues
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Yeah it was an easy enough fix once I realised that the option to add exceptions was listed under 'Tuning' in the settings. It was past midnight so that is my excuse.

But it's there so just ask Bullguard to skip the entire ParagonChat folder and you're golden. No need to shut it down or anything.