Author Topic: Tabletop RPG  (Read 5447 times)

adgramaine

• Underling
Tabletop RPG
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »
I've been converting the MMO to a table top RPG using the award winning Cypher System. I plan to make it available to the public...

Who has the IP rights? I would need to have a licence to release the game....
Game Designer for Haphazard Projects

Original Tester for the CoX Games

Most Played Character: the Kwipster

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
Re: Tabletop RPG
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:10:23 PM »
what do you mean be converting to RPG? I am doing something for Hero System, but have a team of developers working on wrapping Icon with a tabletop and rules engine. What is your approach?

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »
You would be going through NCSoft to get any license rights, much like the revival efforts. Best of luck to you there.

With a project like this it is probably best to release it as a fan project and not try to make any money off of it.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to see about making things like this accessible through Paragon Chat?

Some folks have been wanting to try and use it for tabletop gaming for a while, but there currently aren't enough tools to make it practical.

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:18:46 PM »
I like lots of pieces of the cypher system. How are you thinking about making it work?

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 04:33:17 AM »
The extensions I am making will make tog quite practical in Icon(well really a completely separate application than Icon, that uses Icon source code as a base). It was not feasible to make RPG tools for paragon chat yet unfortunately, the basics aren't there.

But still for anyone wanting to use COH as a virtual RPG tabletop Inak close to have something pretty spectacular...

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »
I've been converting the MMO to a table top RPG using the award winning Cypher System. I plan to make it available to the public...

Who has the IP rights? I would need to have a licence to release the game....

Not sure anyone noticed your post was April 1st...