Author Topic: It doesn't start  (Read 3781 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
It doesn't start
« on: April 09, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »
I double-click on it (and yes, it's set as Run as admin under properties), Windows of course then asks me that typical "are you sure?" dialogue, but the program never actually opens up.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: It doesn't start
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
Hello?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:44 AM »
(and yes, it's set as Run as admin under properties)

Don't do that. Never do that.

Do you see any processes that look related to it in Task Manager? Are you using any particular AV software and does it have any alerts about something being blocked or quarantined?

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:18:54 AM »
Don't do that. Never do that.

Oh? I've often had to run things as admin on this computer specifically because of this kind of problem. It's Windows Vista, it overreacts on almost everything with that annoying "are you sure?" dialogue and will often refuse to play the application if "run as admin" isn't used. But this is the first time running as admin won't work for it either.

Do you see any processes that look related to it in Task Manager? Are you using any particular AV software and does it have any alerts about something being blocked or quarantined?

Nope. If I did, I didn't recognize it. I have Avira, and seeing the troubles here about it I checked the quarantine, but nothing recent is archived there. The last quarantined item is from last month.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »
Well after some hair pulling and investigation, I finally got the bloody thing to work. Somehow Avira was finding a way to prevent it from opening. Nevertheless, after telling my antivirus software to sit down and shut up while loading it, I was able to get it to function. Antiviruses do not appear to like this version at all, it's a headache to get them to ignore it and Avira for whatever reason will not allow me to apply exceptions.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:17 PM »
I'm about to lose my shit. My antivirus software won't leave Paragon Chat alone, and telling it to ignore it doesn't seem to work, nor will it allow me to make exceptions (some bullcrap about "lack of permissions" when I know full well my account is the only fucking one on this computer!). Honestly, Code I wish you luck in trying to figure out how to make PC less of a target for antivirus algorithms, because this is fucking nuts.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 01:04:05 AM »
I use System Mechanic which looks for malware, and never had an issue running Paragon Chat.