Author Topic: DB Editing: How do I use non character textures?  (Read 2693 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
DB Editing: How do I use non character textures?
« on: April 11, 2016, 01:20:49 AM »
Title says it all, I met someone who is doing that but except for one texture I haven't been able to get any others I found in the piggs to work, I end up with a blank white texture.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Katzen

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
  • the fattest chinchilla in Paragon
    • My blog - Some NSFW, view at own risk.
Re: DB Editing: How do I use non character textures?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »
i'm gonna go off on a tangent and say it's either a texture that wasn't really made for player use, or that it could be listed differently if found any other way? im not that sure but thats what i think. (though thats more with geos but...)
hello, you may have stumbled apon my fourm profile! i'm a roleplayer - from Freedom server - main is/was Lynx the pink kitty, 50 scrapper. was in the Bulletproof SG. (?????)? / i play champs under the global @littlemissmarsh

DB editor. somewhat good at it. pm in game for @Katzen

im ALSO @littlemissmarsh on Champions Online.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
An old thread for db editiing:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11076.0.html

An old thread I made as a sort of micro-managed walkthrough that's not entirely accurate now that PC1.0 has moved locations of files:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11187.0.html
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:11:15 PM »
I ended up talking with codewalker and found out what I was doing wrong.  Basically I was db-editing using textures found in the wrong pigg file when I should have been looking in the bin.pigg file.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.