Community > Task Force Hail Mary

Does real world identity doesn't matter if/when City of Heroes comes back?

(1/7) > >>

Dev7on:
After City of Heroes was shut down on November 30, 2012 the community have drawn close together by using social media like Facebook and Twitter to stay in touch. Then, later on there's a site called "CoH Faces Behind the Mask!" where City of Heroes players revealed their real identity.

My question is if/when City of Heroes comes back is it "OK" to use your real name in the game even though some people know who you are in social media? For example, when we global friend someone it will show the @Globalname on your Global Friends list. If the players wants to get to know each other more personal they'll say "My name is ______" or someone will say "Hi I'm _____ from the Titan Network." We all know who Tony V is. I understand we have Paragon Chat but, I don't think that counts in my opinion.

LateNights:

--- Quote from: Dev7on on April 15, 2016, 03:45:24 PM ---I am Batman...

--- End quote ---

I'd share my identity, but I'd rather keep it in game rather than share it on Facebook etc, because I keep Facebook strictly for family and I rarely post there myself...

On most servers I'm @The Ruined Mind

In fact that's my gaming email and Xbox gamer tag, if not that I'm LateNight or LateNights.

Although I only play WoW, Vainglory on iPad or Gta V and rarely Fable 2 on Xbox...

But no - my identity itself doesn't matter - however I'd still like to spare my family from hearing about CoH every other time they checked Facebook.

Remaugen:
The wording of the thread title is very confusing.

As for player identity, the nature of the net is towards anonymity, if you choose to make your identity public, then when (not if), the crazies get personal (and sooner or later they do), you will have no safe refuge.

Surelle:

--- Quote from: Dev7on on April 15, 2016, 03:45:24 PM ---After City of Heroes was shut down on November 30, 2012 the community have drawn close together by using social media like Facebook and Twitter to stay in touch. Then, later on there's a site called "CoH Faces Behind the Mask!" where City of Heroes players revealed their real identity.

My question is if/when City of Heroes comes back is it "OK" to use your real name in the game even though some people know who you are in social media? For example, when we global friend someone it will show the @Globalname on your Global Friends list. If the players wants to get to know each other more personal they'll say "My name is ______" or someone will say "Hi I'm _____ from the Titan Network." We all know who Tony V is. I understand we have Paragon Chat but, I don't think that counts in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't bother wasting much time thinking about this.  If someday there really is a CoH rez at some point you can decide what to do then.  (Although it's been 3 1/2 years now, during which time multiple groups tried to buy CoH unsuccessfully, between the original dev team, then Mercedes Lackey's Hail Mary group, then a couple years ago Nate Downes and some investors tried again.)  If NCSoft had even the slightest interest in rezzing CoH or leasing the IP for sequels, they'd have done it many years before now, let's face it. 

Soul Resonance:

--- Quote from: Surelle on April 15, 2016, 09:52:46 PM ---I wouldn't bother wasting much time thinking about this.  If someday there really is a CoH rez at some point you can decide what to do then.  (Although it's been 3 1/2 years now, during which time multiple groups tried to buy CoH unsuccessfully, between the original dev team, then Mercedes Lackey's Hail Mary group, then a couple years ago Nate Downes and some investors tried again.)  If NCSoft had even the slightest interest in rezzing CoH or leasing the IP for sequels, they'd have done it many years before now, let's face it.

--- End quote ---
Okay, and that's fine to have this pregotive(more power to you!! :)). For others, I implore you to see the front page of New Efforts! Thread and read through the timeline for all your current infoz. :D.

Back on topic: Meh, I'm of the mindset that this community is waaay more mature than pretty much any other out there(my experiences being the basis for this assumption, ofc.). Feel free to post w/e in-game, just, as always with anything pretty much anywhere, be mindful :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version