More Titan Projects > Red Tomax Site

Tomax's site temporarily down

(1/6) > >>

TonyV:
Hey all, so here's the deal.  Last night in order to do some other nifty things, I upgraded our server.  As part of that process, I upgraded PHP from 5 to 7, which is a pretty major upgrade.  The thing is, though, when Red Tomax created the site, there were a whole bunch of things that were just about to be deprecated (mainly procedural database calls in deference to MySQLi and eventually PDO), and with the upgrade to 7, they've been officially removed from the language.

As a result, after the upgrade, Tomax's site broke pretty horribly.  I'm having to go through and recode every database call that the site makes, which is almost every file that the site uses.  I'm also taking the opportunity to audit the code and plug up some holes I've found to make it more stable, tight, and secure.

So Red Tomax's site is currently down, and probably will be for a day or two, with functionality incrementally returning after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I promise, we will get it back up ASAP.

wufenstein:
Any progress on this front? Or, and I suggest this because based on my experience with PHP 7 it sounds like it might be quite an ordeal to get the site up and running again, any chance of just making a database dump available for download?

Sekoia:
I believe the current plan is to extract just the City of Data portion from Tomax and bring it up to par with PHP7. We will get it back online eventually, it's just taking longer than expected.

The rest of Tomax (everything except City of Data) probably will not be restored. Its content was very outdated and Paragon Wiki covers it all better at this point.

Jeff Anderson:
Hi,

Just thought I would check in. I would like to use the data, and was wondering when it would be back up.

Thanks!

HeatSpike1:
Thanks for working on it, hope you guys can get it back up and running for us soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version