Author Topic: State of the Game  (Read 2573 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
State of the Game
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:01:25 AM »
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: State of the Game
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:01 AM »
The costume creator for Champions is awesome without a doubt.

;D

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 04:14:09 AM »
The costume creator for Champions is awesome without a doubt.

;D

Even for people that aren't so good with them... It's the one thing CO has over STO.

All that stuff above? Nothing new. TA kinda is, or at least is the *start* of something new. Like the Rampage Rehash *started out* to be except with less rehash. There's some new stuff to wear but I would expect that and they've been making it all along, so, it's not really *new*.

CO could really learn a lot from STO and I will tell you why. Like CO, STO is a great game. Unlike CO, STO is a whole game. STO's not a bunch of pieces of game that could fit together, but don't. I play STO almost exactly the same as I play CO - the difference is, there is a coooohesion. Things fit together. There is a reason to do a wide variety of things and more of a reason than because they are there - and grindable.

Seriously, serious. I was thinking about posting that here just today. If CO had the cohesion/progression/reasons to play(/updated loot tables..) that STO has it would be like exponentially adding to its content and enjoyment and re-playability.

I would luv to play CO like I can STO. I can play STO almost exactly like I do CO but I can't play CO like I can STO because STO has all it's pieces functional (tradeskilling anyone? active, wide open, market anyone? wide variety of skills progressing, anyone? all at the same time, anyone?) and tied together. I also like that I can play STO tired.. There are things to do even when I'm beat. As a CO only player, after a long day and I'm really beat, I'd watch a movie.

I''ll be bahhck as soon as I get my new mouse... whenever that is. Staying with STO, too.

As things stand today CO will be the backup game and this is a thing CO is darn good at due to it never really changes. You just have to keep relearning the same stuff over and over whenever the nerf bats hit. That's kinda a putdown but kinda a compliment too due to CO *is* a great game and it's nice to have a game of that caliber to be able to leave for as long as I want and come back to and not really miss anything except my friends and maybe some pre-nerfed former glory.

GLAD TO SEE YOU rePOST, BROu. You bot bast.. I'm teasing *hug* *polishes Brou's reposting crown* "ohhh shiny"

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
I'd show an interest but:

1: It's team only and trinity only content that was recently added.  As usual popularity will sink as people bore of it and then anyone coming back or who are new won't get to see the content in action cause no one else wants to do it.

2: New content makes me think CO is a WoW clone.

3: Still a poorly balanced game with no variety of anything other than just graphic effects behind those powers.  Scrappers online from 1-40.

4: I still end up suffering rage beyond reckoning at CO's community for leaving me feel scammed from CO's developers using my idea for a bait and switch scheme and the community rubbing salt in the wound on those who were negatively effected and probably will for the rest of my life.  Even if I came closer to getting over it, it was still the fact that CO's developers used my idea to scam people rather than improve the game, I'll never forget that and the negative emotions and resentment towards them will always linger and be brought up whenever CO makes any change.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
LA, come play STO. There's tons to do. The only thing lacking vs. CO would be the costume creator but you can still create a very decent look.

It's still Cryptic and PWE but don't hold that against it! (I don't have a grudge against either except for complaining that PWE needs to get off of NetZero).

I'm like 2 months into STO and still a newb and the updates keep rolling in on top of that. Large updates are more common than small ones. The queues are active, Zone is active and as with any active Zone... will have it's ups and downs. I would put the playerbase at maturerer and more sciency than normal sometimes and others, well.. hehe. It's Zone.. Oh yeah, and the tradeskilling is pretty good as is the market.

I don't (need to...) know the details of your #4 but as for the community part of it... The CO webpage is not the CO community. My CO community is made of up of players who's @'s I came to recognize and respect due to how they play and/or just are, and, most of them have been playing for years, and longer than me. I know you can find people like that if you start playing again. Hang with them. Don't hang with the people you don't respect. This has worked out pretty great for me for some years now. There are plenty of great CO regulars. Don't let your CO world crushing mistake (the thing I don't need to know about..) keep you from enjoying the game if you still can.

Btw.. I don't post anything I think is "sensitive" regarding CO anymore either.  After playing awhile It... just seems bad mojo.

Anyway, CO is a great game if you can enjoy it for what it is. Ya know...! If not, come play some STO. And give it some time... There is a steep learning curve and I would say that the first impressions I got were not as impressive as the game is turning out to be. If Space Games aren't your thing, well, NM.. hehe. If they are, hey, it's the 50th anniversary of Star Trek.... Frivolity is ensuing.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>