Author Topic: Hey ATyger  (Read 6260 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Hey ATyger
« on: May 13, 2016, 11:18:54 PM »
I haven't played for awhile and I literally have masking tape covering a hole where 2 of my mouse buttons fell out and half of my others don't work (so CO plays more than a tittle bit foreign..) ... But... If you would care for some powerlevelling this weekend I would care to devote what may be my only playtime this weekend to providing said powerlevelling.

You have to tell me when(ish) and we'll do eet.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ATyger

• Underling
Re: Hey ATyger
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:36:14 AM »
I'll be online most of the rest of today (Friday) at least until 10-11 pm (Mountain Standard Time).

I will also be online some of Saturday at least from about 10 am until 2-3 pm or so.

I probably won't get too much play time Sunday, but if that changes I would let you know immediately.

Regardless, my toon's name is Goldilocks currently level 10.

[HERE] is the build I'm currently using (i.e. planning on using) for him.
The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself. - Carl Sagan

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:50:39 AM »
Tomorrow (Saturday) should work. I have a thing in the morning but hope to start early enough to finish early. You should ding at least a few fast dings at level 10ish, running some Grabs. I think I have some Area XP boosters but not the other ones.. You can stack two XP boosters (plus the Grab buff) and I can't remember the name of either one atm..

Build is shaping up.

If it was me I would dump that Flashfire Snare and take it to Rank 3 - things aren't going to run from you and you don't care if they run To you because you will Fry them if they do with your Pyre and Conflag while your Fire Snake is chomping their behinds.

Absotively rank 3 your Conflag. You will have to recast it more often when mobs are chasing around but oh well. That is your damage source, rank that baby up.

You don't always have to get Trail Blazer with Fire Snake but you almost never want to unrank Fire Snake. I would rank 2 it and leave the advantage, or, rank 3 it, but, probly, rank 2 w/advantage.

Other than that you look set and you have a power and points to spare which is a good place to be.

You have 2 travel powers I don't normally take, however, hmmm, are you ok with them at rank 1? I mean, they might get you around good enough at rank 1, juuust checking. There's some that would never consider ranking a travel power, just thought I'd bring it up in case it was an oversight.

That's shaping up to be a mean build there. Errr...Goldilocks...  there for a sec I thought DAMN he IS punking me... lol. Totally no offense...

Cya tomorrow I hope. My @'s toonsquad and I'll aim for noonish your time or sooner.

Oh hey, for the power slot you have empty? Conviction would fit real nice in there. Then when you Flashfire mobs at Rank 3 and they decide to run after you and you Pyre them when they show up to damage them and knock them down and then start raining down fire with Conflag but then maybe in pops another wave of mobs and now your hp's are going down so what do you do? Hit Conviction, then your FIre Shield, then hit them with a Flashfire so they are burning as they are burning to your FIreshield, then when your Conviction repops, hit it again and start raining down Conflag's fiery goodness.

Or something like this..

*evil glint*

------

Hey, maybe someone else here has some of Saturday free....? The more PL'ers the merrier. Or maybe You want a level or two...

----

Ooops just saw two more things. If you are scrounging for points later, 2 places you can get them is from Fire strike and Masterful Dodge. In that order.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:15:18 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 08:16:49 AM »
Thank you! Thanks to you I finally have settled on my final build. I've listened almost exclusively to you and one other player on the regular forums and between the two of you... a handful of misunderstandings, and a lot of advice I have gotten everything where i am delighted with the build. Both in concept, and playability. I believe that assuming decent gear as I play... I should be competitive, especially against PvE (the only thing I care about).

[HERE] is my final build, taking into account all the wonderful advice you've given me.

I decided to drop Absorb Heat, because as I was told with good enough DPS, the adds never live long enough to give me reliable healing. Conviction sounds perfect for an "oh pancake" button which I heavily rely on. :) And it seems to pop up in a lot of DPS (namely fire) builds as is... so it can't be all bad, right? :) I also shifted a few of the powers one step lower and slotted the heal at a better level than 26, which common sense now dictates I should have done for survivability. And I am really happy with where everything else lines up.

Again, and I've said it 100 times... thank you so much!

P.S. The name Goldilocks is based on how my character looks (more or less golden with yellow gold hair), and I asked my wife what I should name him, and she said "Goldilocks"... and it stuck. :) Just wait until i have a Brick named Fluffy or some whatever, because I asked my daughter what I should name him. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:29:58 AM by ATyger »
The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself. - Carl Sagan

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »
P.S. The name Goldilocks is based on how my character looks (more or less golden with yellow gold hair), and I asked my wife what I should name him, and she said "Goldilocks"... and it stuck. :) Just wait until i have a Brick names Fluffy or some pancake, because I asked my daughter what I should name him. :)

Hehe I needed that..

You're very welcome, it's been fun watching your build grow, glad the tips help. Now you just have to level and fine tune

A few parting tips...

If you are going to go to the trouble of picking a block power (which is perfectly fine) I would rank it all the way up. It does make a difference, sometimes allll the difference. Luckily you have great places to steal points from. I would take them from your Rebirth. You could also use your rank 2 Fireball points + 2 points rom Rebirth but if it was me I for sure would go Rebirth.

You now have one of the meanest builds around... But is it YOU.. That's the important thing : )

Hope to see you in-game soonish.

---------------------------

Ooops, one more thing... I would trade out your Masterful Dodge for Unbreakable. You don't have Bountiful Chi (or a dodge build in general) to benefit from Masterful Dodge and so Unbreakable should be the better choice.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:47:42 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »
Blahhhh it's not gonna happen today. I'd complain if I wasn't so happy to have all the work but I am sorry this didn't work out with us today.

Sunday should work due to I just got a new wonder tool to help me out tomorrow that should cut my work in half.

I think I'm gonna start out playing Support. I have an AoPM guy that can pump up your stats and should be able to keep you alive easy enough to allow you to do whatever you want without having to worry about the staying alive part as much. Once we get warmed up (pun intended) we can get down to some lil bit more serious dps hopefully  : )

This is assuming you get some playtime Sunday, ofc.

I like doing Grabs btw. *shrug* When my bandwidth first got doubled to where I could pretty much play as much as I wanted (I'm on wireless and they meter) I ran like 2 hours straight Grabs with a level 40 just for fun.
Some Faves:

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 05:36:25 PM »
Hey, no worries. I'm a pretty laid back guy, and now that I've stated Con secondary AND taken a heal (Conviction)... [Got to level 15 yesterday]... I've been 100x more survivable. Can't even begin to describe how important a self heal is at lower levels when leveling. Also, with all the fine tuning, and my play style... I can definitively say that this build is 100% me. Sure I got most of the tips and hints from others, but it was to mesh a consolidated build to my style, not just the flavor of the week. :)

Anyways, I am glad that you have ALL the work. :) I've been there when the well was dry... and I've also had my cup runneth over. I know which one I prefer. :)

Catch you in game eventually. Or not. It doesn't matter. We'll always have the forums. :) I'll be around. I rather enjoy the game, and I'm rather enjoying your company.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 11:59:14 PM »
Ha. Well. Thanks, AT.. For the nice words. I'm glad the build is fitting you, too - vs. picking what sounds uberest. It's a solid build and I can see how I would play it.. It should be a BEAST at 40 with gear. You have very little fat and lots of function + dps.

They've been so good to me at the main job I'm at I put in a full day for them for free (vs. you don't even wanna know (in a good way) per hour..). They don't know that yet. I turned on the Disney... We'll see what happens when I see them next.. That'll tell me how to handle the rest of the job (and if my kung fu is as good as I think it is...).

Tomorrow is all stacked up too but I gotta rest like anyone else and wanna play SOMETHING... I'll look for you in CO before I hit STO. What's your @? Or you can send some mail to mine (@toonsquad) if you don't want to post it here.

OH HEY.. duh.... you can friend me and then I can see you even when I'm in STO..

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:33 PM »
I tried logging on once yesterday and a 400 meg download started, so, I stopped.. I didn't even end up playing much STO last night.

I pay for my Internet second hand to less than scrupulous people and I haven't gotten usage reports since weeks so I'm being stingy with bandwidth, Was just too beat to even play STO, but, one nice thing about STO is even when you're totally beat you can still fly around and do some mindless tradeskilling and stare at Zone/Armada chat so I did that hehe.

Anyway, dang, you're gonna be 40 by the time I see those golden locks....

Oh hey, that reminds me... Have you seen our thread here, Champion Toons Revealed? Show us your stuff!

Dang ATyger, you're the first new CO player here on Titan/CO that actually likes the game since..... EVER. How nice of a change. You're soon to be the 3rd seasoned player, next to me and Kaos (who Cryptic ticked off like me with the nerfs so is taking a break, like me..). Anyway.. how .... refreshing.

Some Faves:

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »
My only character at the moment is now "shown" so that you all may marvel at his magnanimity and sheer awe inspiring physical prowess. I have a couple other ideas to play around with, but I'm not going to do that until I get Goldilocks to level 40 and then port him over to the test server, then I can test out powers and builds to my hearts content at little to no cost to myself. :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:08 AM »
Upon first screening your screenies...

you all may marvel at his magnanimity and sheer awe inspiring physical prowess.

Awww man! that's what *I* was gonna say... That is *exactly* what I did!

hehe

So what's the level count up to....?

Oh hey, you have to do the story arcs for Vibora (a nice level 40 zone to have access to) and Andrith (a nice level 40 lair to have access to) access before you hit 40. Well, you don't have to..., but, you could, and XP at the same time. I could explain further but the wiki can probly do it better.
Some Faves:

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 05:05:16 AM »
Still a work in progress level wise. I hit 16, then had some stuff pop up in my real life which sort of took my time off the game for a while. I'm pushing for 18 tonight and 20 tomorrow... at by Friday at the very least. Was REAL slow going in the first 10 levels because I was an idiot and forgot to stat CON and then was a little hampered until I got a heal which has been a REAL help so far. It's slow going, mostly because I don't know the game that well... but missions seem aplenty, and if I can find some good at level players to do content with I think the bonus EXP boosts will simply help bridge the gaps.

Either way, wish me luck. I'm pushing for a 40 by the end of the month. After that the test server will help me flesh out new power sets and build ideas. Just have to get there first. :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »
I'm pushing for a 40 by the end of the month. After that the test server will help me flesh out new power sets and build ideas. Just have to get there first. :)

This is the kind of player I am. That's probably why my build advice helped.

And then there is theme and backstory and well thought out and executed costumes and all that good stuff. Nuts and bolts, first, is how I go and then if I get that 'right' the other stuff can fall into place. That's not to say it's all about min/maxing.. just saying, I pick what looks fun - usually something someone did that makes me jealous or that I just want to do at the time like knock things wayyyy up into the air, and I try to pwn it. Then comes costume tweaks and a sort of theme and I generally get as far as an idea of where the toon is coming from as far as backstories go and that's about it so far.

-----

I assume you know about XP boosts and Grabs already but just in case... There are 2 different kinds of XP boosters (devices with charges that give xp boosting buffs) and they stack. There's the AoE one and the one that just affects you. Also, there are, of course, Grabs, that give their own XP boost buff and Grabs give good xp too. Grabs can be frustrating at lower levels when there are *only* low level players playing with low level gear in them. A good time to run Grabs is when they are the "Daily" - the thing that gives Q for completing it that comes from that dude next to Defender (Patil?). Because when they are the daily a lot of level 40's are running them too.

I usually mish until I get bored and then GrabGrind it out to 40 with a stopover to do the Vibora Bay and Andrith arcs. There is Definitely No Rush.. Leveling is one of the funner things to do in CO imho.

-----------

Oh yeah... a tip about mishes in case you don't know already.. You don't have to find the exit when you are finished. Just hit.... what is it... the same thing that gets you out of Grabs without having to wait for the Exit button... The option is "Leave Map" and you leave the map without having to find the door (or wait for the Exit button in Alerts). The button is on your interface (around the mini-map?) but I forget the details atm..

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:11:08 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »

P.S. The name Goldilocks is based on how my character looks (more or less golden with yellow gold hair), and I asked my wife what I should name him, and she said "Goldilocks"... and it stuck. :) Just wait until i have a Brick names Fluffy or some NOTE TO SELF: The word censorship list will be cleared after 2016-06-05. I should stop swearing immediately so that I don't get modsmacked next time!, because I asked my daughter what I should name him. :)

Modsmacked??!!?? Here??? Screenies or it didn't happen. My behind would be perma red from off-topicness.. The system automatically put in 'Pancake' for you, I think. I THOUGHT it was weird you used that word.... And now that I think of it I think I was auto-pancaked here before.

Anyway... That's not why I'm here. I just happen to see the above when stopping by to mention that STO is having a bonus XP weekend and I just happen to be able to kit out your newbs....

Not trying to steal you away from CO and I don't remember if you even like space games but there ya are!
Some Faves:

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »
The system automatically put in 'Pancake' for you, I think.
It did.  It won't be doing that much longer.  link
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »
Woah,, See now, I read things wrong Again. I thought ... why did AT write all that bold, red stuff. It really seems like more bother than he would go through even if he were that peeved that he thought he got manually censored. I thought I remembered being auto-pancaked before and ninja-editing whatever the word was, out, after staring at the inserted 'pancake' sideways for a minute (where did that come from!) but I don't remember the bold red stuff.

Ohhh ahhh now I wanna know what he said!

hehe

But I never will....

PANCAKE!

: )

Come play some STO, AT, and quit swearing at mods, dangit! jk  : )

Some Faves:

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »
I used the word that means to defecate. *shrugs* I'll amend it. I wasn't aware that a simple and nearly unseen four letter word would illicit such a brash and bold reprimand. :) No worries, I don't usually swear as a rule, but sometimes a few minor words get through. It happens.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
That sounds like a bunch of pancaking pancake to me! I bet you pancaking swear like a SAILOR!

The red text was new to me, too. I thought YOU did it. I was like huh... AT...?

My money was on the word that begins with C and ends with P not the word that begins with S and ends with T. (as your pancake). Wish I woulda said so, now! Because now I REALLY feel I picked it. I coulda won something..

Some Faves:

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »
Crap was never on the word censor list. Honestly, its cousin probably shouldn't have been either. I suspect it was added for comic effect (a la pancakes).

The message is bold and brash to help raise awareness of the change, which it appears to have succeeded. :)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »
I coulda SWORE it was the 'C' word that pancaked me! I know I didn't use the 'S' word. Now what the 'f' word was it...

Some Faves: