Author Topic: Bug: Unable to remove someone else from the ignore list  (Read 1927 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Bug: Unable to remove someone else from the ignore list
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:39:31 PM »
Title says it all.  A number of issues occur if you try to remove anyone from the ignore(I sometimes, or used to, use it occasionally to temporarly add someone with the intent of removing them from it later);

Local chat is more likely to stop working for no reason.
You still don't see local chat from the individual you removed.
They get added back to the ignore by the client or server the moment you log back in.

While there are people I likely won't remove(specifically trolls), there are some I have tried repeatedly to remove and have been unable to.  Just using remove ignore doesn't work :/.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Bug: Unable to remove someone else from the ignore list
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:38:47 AM »
Did some quick tests to make sure that it didn't get broken somehow; ignore list persistence seems to be working as expected as far as I can tell.

Can you run Paragon Chat with -debug, try unignoring the one that keeps coming back, and PM me the XMPP trace from the debug window?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »
Tried it but the debug window updates to fast for me to read anything in any time, I also suffer from connection lost frequently when I try that and likewise, I tried unignoring the player but the thing added him back to the ignore when I finally came back online without -debug.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
Yes, that's why I asked for a copy and paste rather than anything specific.

1. Unignore somebody
2. Alt-tab over to the debug window
3. Edit -> Mask from the system menu
4. Scroll up and highlight the whole thing
5. Press Enter
6. Paste into a PM

Chances are your server-side privacy list (the underlying XMPP functionality that Paragon Chat uses) has a corrupt entry in it, or something the PC otherwise doesn't know how to handle and is failing to update. If I have a copy of the XMPP trace I can find it fairly easily.