Author Topic: Do you like purple?  (Read 5635 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Do you like purple?
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »
Because the Nightmare Invasion is here.

Purple skies.
Stuff that will kill you.
A big thing that will kill you.

Try it today. Going on now!
Spess

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Do you like purple?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 01:23:49 AM »
Yeah. I saw that yesterday. I thought it was a bit meh.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 02:12:00 AM »
Lol that has to be one of my favorite advertising posts you've ever made here due to it's originality and to-the-pointness.

If my life can manage to not revert back into chaos and I can even get to the point where I get my mouse replaced I look forward to more CO'ing. Would kinda like to do so before Mr. ATyger hits 40 but this doesn't seem to be happening. Hopefully they're done with the nerfs for awhile so I can stay playing without that aggravation.

Do you still play CO, Brou?

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ATyger

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 02:15:46 AM »
It'll happen Xev. I'm only bordering on 20, 40 seems like a million miles away. :)

Anyways, I've been enjoying the content thus far... at least what I find and/or understand of it.
The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself. - Carl Sagan

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 04:50:35 AM »
In CO, we have the New Purple Gang.  What ever happened to the Old Purple Gang?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:06:03 AM »
I think Robin Williams exposed them already, The Mauve Hand.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 06:38:48 AM »
Do you still play CO, Brou?
Yes
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 01:00:25 PM »
Yes

I only ask because I was starting to feel like you got a job with CO.

We never see any posts from you here unless you are advertising for CO or doing damage control for CO. I can never once remember you posting about something fun you did in game, or something funny that happened in game or anything at all about the game except for the previous sentence.

For years I had hoped you would be more active, here, due to you know the game really well and, well, I was making 9 out of 10 posts.

Happy life, Brou, I'm not picking on you, Just trying to figure you out, some. I'm glad you still play. CO is fun and thanks for your tips over the years.

I like purple btw..

It'll happen Xev. I'm only bordering on 20, 40 seems like a million miles away. :)

Anyways, I've been enjoying the content thus far... at least what I find and/or understand of it.

Finally, someone who likes the game! We had such a shortage of people like yourself, here, for the longest... Very refreshing.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 01:22:49 AM »
I wasn't impressed, and then I find they cut zone cap to 50?  Yeah, number inflation.

And other friends of mine express comparable dislikes towards the event such as lag, uncounterable mob cc and poor gameplay.  I'm much more looking forward to the new wiring system in terraria.  I mean if the game has 500ms times with less then 50 people in a zone instance, it's probably got no resources going to it anymore server wise.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 09:51:40 PM »
Finally, someone who likes the game! We had such a shortage of people like yourself, here, for the longest... Very refreshing.

I like the game. I wouldn't have just used part of my SSI back pay to buy a Lifetime if I didn't. That doesn't prevent me from criticizing the mediocre updates they keep shoveling our way though. Criticism =/= Dislike.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »
I like the game. I wouldn't have just used part of my SSI back pay to buy a Lifetime if I didn't. That doesn't prevent me from criticizing the mediocre updates they keep shoveling our way though. Criticism =/= Dislike.

Indeed.  I had high hopes for CO, although I never would have bought a lifetime.  I liked the game and liked it alot.  As much as I like playing through it from 1-40 occasionally, I just cannot bring myself to log on with the bad changes and lack of innovation.  Speaking of shoveling, it's updates are very much shovelware imo.  They are lame, short lived and nothing interesting.  They are generic grindfests.  Where are the stories we were promised way back in 2009 after vibora bay?  Where did any interesting content go in general since PWE took over?

CO is a game that had great potential, but it reduced itself to being no more then a generic mmorpg with a predatory history of conning it's customers(Vehicles released OP then nerfed, legion gear nerfed then justice gear with both cases items were store only ect).  The resentment towards it's behavior sticks to the front of my mind after a short time whenever I try to play it anymore, in spite used to actually liking the game.

Edit: My words are far more criticism towards CO.  It's the vocal community I really dislike, specifically for ruining the game for the majority and driving everyone away.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:12 PM »
CO? It's as easy as 1 2 3.

Bring back Tradeskilling.
Update mish rewards.
Create an Endgame.

Instead of fidgeting with powers/nerfing & trying to come up with something that passes for new and exciting - take what already exists and POLISH.

With Polish? Polish polish?

I gotta go..

Hi LA! : )

Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 01:06:56 AM »
In CO, we have the New Purple Gang.  What ever happened to the Old Purple Gang?

I know you were making a joke, but they're named for an actual real-world gang that operated in Detroit in the 1920s and 1930s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purple_Gang

(And Millennium City was built on the remains of Detroit)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 01:20:34 AM »
I think we established awhile back that every single minute reference in CO comes from something that exists/existed.

...hehe
Some Faves:

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 04:14:35 AM »
I know you were making a joke, but they're named for an actual real-world gang that operated in Detroit in the 1920s and 1930s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purple_Gang

(And Millennium City was built on the remains of Detroit)

Thanks, I did not know that.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 05:29:44 AM »
We were kinda making fun, awhile back, how there are so many borrowed references in CO. At the time I thought, and mentioned, The Purple Gang was ridiculous enough it has to be a CO original. Nope.
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
CO really is nothing but pop culture references :/.  Kind of why it's hard for me to take it seriously story wise, actually why it was also hard for me to seriously roleplay in it.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 06:18:03 PM »
See now, I don't think that's fair. CO obviously steals errr borrows tons and tons of ideas (all the pop and not so pop references) but it has a rich lore of it's own.

Thing is, it's just kinda there. Somehow they manage to put it all around you but not immerse you in it.

I'm getting a lil geared up to play some more CO again, finally. Just need to get my dang mouse replaced.. I could get one right now if I wasn't having a problem with the seller's site that takes cash - the other site that has the one I want on sale? I'm 99 cents short in my pre-paid credit account that I never use... hehe.

The pain, the PAIN!  : ) (That was my Lost in Space/Dr. Smith impression).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:23:14 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 06:02:51 AM »
The pain, the PAIN!  : ) (That was my Lost in Space/Dr. Smith impression).

Sounded just like him.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Well, remember that Champions was a tabletop game long before it was a MMO (if memory serves, characters like Statesman and Positron were originally the devs' Champions characters), so the Champions "lore" was really just supposed to be a very generic backdrop for a DM to work with or discard as they see fit (and, similarly, the titular Champions team was meant to be just generic examples of the kinds of characters players could make, not the Greatest Superhero Team In All The Land).

And the game imported it directly, without seemingly trying to make it any more memorable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:06:21 PM by Thunder Glove »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 06:15:20 AM »
Sounded just like him.

"Bubbleheaded Booby" has to be one of my favorite Dr. Smithisms. Two great words that go great together.
Some Faves: