Author Topic: Radio Shows held in Paragon Chat Weekly  (Read 18887 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Radio Shows held in Paragon Chat Weekly
« on: May 26, 2016, 01:49:53 AM »

Hello Paragon Chatters!  Looking for something to do on a afternoon or evening?  Join the following radio personalities below and listen to music, talk about comics, movies, and pop-culture, and reminisce about City of Heroes in general.

FRIDAYS
DJ Alto
Come join DJ Alto in Atlas Park every Friday afternoon!
Pacific 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Eastern 6:00pm - 9:00pm

HOW TO LISTEN: Dawn Radio is a 24/7 radio station dedicated to supporting the players of Champions Online, and founded by a cohort of ex-COH Supergroups in the game: Hero Dawn, Justice Girls, and Geeks United.  The groups merged to form a unified Supergroup welcoming all City of Heroes and Champions Online players, and in that formed a radio station for it's fans.  You can listen using the website above, or by opening the streaming link in your favorite player.

Meets at Atlas Park City Hall steps.

SUNDAYS
DJ Arcade
ENTER PLAYER ONE
Join DJ Arcade on Sunday evenings for ENTER PLAYER ONE, a soundtrack show with all of your favorite past video games from the 1970s through today.
Pacific 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Eastern 6:00pm - 9:00pm

MONDAYS
DJ Havok
Audio Apocalypse
DJ Havok plays a high-energy show featuring synthwave, industrial and techno acts from Goth to Chiptune.
Pacific 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Eastern 11:00pm - Tuesday 1:00am

Meets at the "Rock of Ages" in King's Row.  Head west from the train station and stay away from the buildings, it's the small mountain just before the highway ramp.

WEDNESDAYS
Sultry Siren
The Siren's Song
Smooth and cool party music, with a focus on jazz, blues and Americana.
Pacific 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Eastern 10:00pm - Thursday 1:00am

THURSDAYS
DJ Valor
Adventures with Valor!
Join Valor in Pocket D as she spins up her considerable music collection and entertains you with stories of her travels.
Pacific 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Eastern 10:00pm - 12:00 Midnight

FRIDAYS
Tahquitz
The Midnight Show
A dive into a different theme every week, with a focus on "night music" (whatever that means.)
Pacific 9:00pm - 12:00 Midnight
Eastern 12:00 Midnight - Saturday 3:00am

SATURDAYS
DJ Pheonyx
Pyrotechnix 2.0 (Semi-weekly)
The Cape's own master spy, listen every Saturday as he spins a mix of pop music, rock, and classics, with a weekly remembrance at the end of the show of those who are no longer with us anymore.
Pacific 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Eastern 5:00pm - 8:00pm

HOW TO LISTEN: You can listen to TheCape Radio at www.thecaperadio.com.  The links to listen to the stream are in the top banner of the website (either in the web browser, or you can download a .pls file to play in your favorite media player).  You can also open the streaming link with your favorite player.

PARAGON CHAT LOCATION: Most Cape Radio shows happen in Pocket D at the center platform unless otherwise noted.  To get there, use the command "/mapmove 83".  Head to the center platform with DJ Zero.

ALL SHOWS

GAME MUSIC TOO LOUD? To listen to music or radio in the background while in Paragon Chat, you can set Paragon Chat's volume to zero: Click Menu, Options, then the Graphics and Audio tab.  Set the following to zero: Music Volume, Voiceover Volume.  Sound FX Volume is optional, setting it to zero gets rid of sounds from emotes, travel powers and the environment.

SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION: All of these shows are weekly, so they're subject to cancellation without prior notice.  We're not going to post weekly programming changes or cancelled episodes here, only if a show starts/stops using Paragon Chat, or goes off the air.  Check the website of the respective radio program for Schedule listings and information.  (Click on the above banners to head there.)

In consideration of that, please DO NOT SEND ME a Private Message when a DJ or Host cancels a show for the week.  These will be ignored.  I will take corrections to this list when they happen, however.

NSFW/TRIGGERS: Radio broadcasts are not operated by Titan Network staff (I know, I have a show on the air, bear with me) but by Internet Radio stations and other personalities, which may not follow our Terms of Service concerning language and content.  Certain shows may contain "triggers" and should be considered "not safe for work/school" by default if you're listening in an environment where you can get into trouble from playing such content in public.

DJs will try to air warnings before adult content airs during the daylight hours, or you can see "Swears" or "Swears Possible" in the show banner on your media player if it applies for a whole show.  In general, listener discretion is advised.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:26:25 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Radio Shows held in Paragon Chat Weekly
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:46:43 PM »
OTHER DJs/CHANGES TO THE ABOVE SCHEDULE
Do you host a radio show?  Want listed on the above schedule?  Need to change a weekly show?

Contact me via PM with the details.

HOLDING A ONE-AND-DONE EVENT?
This post is for recurring entertainers on radio.  Unless you have a podcast site or an Internet Radio station along with a weekly commitment, this thread isn't for proposing events.

If you are thinking about holding an event on Paragon Chat and want to announce it, use the Paragon Chat Activities thread, or post it here if you want to work with us at HERC.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:36:44 PM by Tahquitz »

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:01 AM »
Great list, Tahquitz.  I had no idea the Cape was representing in Paragon Chat so often!   :D

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:12:45 AM »
August 2016 Update:

Added DJ Nexus' Roots of Rock to Thursdays.
Added DJ Thunder's Thunderstruck to both Thursdays and Fridays.
Added Posthaste's Radio Free Posthaste to Friday Night/Saturday AM.
Removed Diamond D's Monday Night Hair Metal Madness from Mondays (final show aired August 15th, 2016.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:42:12 AM by Tahquitz »

Adipup

• Underling
  • interests include: dying and being dead
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
for cape radio: dj thunder's thunderstruck on thursdays and fridays seems to be in paragon chat more often than not :)

so, maybe consider adding that?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 04:22:38 AM »
for cape radio: dj thunder's thunderstruck on thursdays and fridays seems to be in paragon chat more often than not :)

so, maybe consider adding that?

DJ Thunder slipped through my fingers as he started when I resumed full time work: I can't listen before 5:00pm PDT anymore, which limits my ability to reach folks in IRC.  (This list is voluntary, certainly not authoritative: the best way to find out if a show is on Paragon Chat is the purple box in the upper right of thecaperadio.com.)

Tomorrow I'm off, so I'll get in touch with him and ask. Thanks!

Update: Asked him, and he said yes, but on occasion he will pop into Champions Online instead, so I marked him as semi-weekly for now.  Updated above, working on the Calendar now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:50:04 PM by Tahquitz »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 05:42:32 AM »
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:39:00 PM by Tahquitz »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 05:58:03 AM »
SEPTEMBER 2016 UPDATES:

• Added DJ Havok's Audio Apocalypse on Monday nights.
  • Removed DJ Steel's Unchained from Wednesdays (on indefinite hiatus as of August 2016.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:23:26 AM by Tahquitz »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 03:13:25 AM »
DECEMBER 2016 UPDATES:

• Changed #SaveCOH Radio to Paragon Radio on Fridays (same show, new name).

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
FEBRUARY 2017 UPDATES:

• Added DJ Arcade's ENTER PLAYER ONE to Sundays.
  • Added DJ Pheonyx's Pyrotechnix 2.0 to Saturdays.
  • Added One Hit Wonder's Up All Night to Saturdays.
  • Removed Radio Free Posthaste from Fridays (his show continues, hasn't been on Paragon Chat in over a month).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:01:14 PM by Tahquitz »

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
The Paragon Chocolatiers' 'Choco-Chicks' paid a visit to the DJ Havok Show:

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »
JULY 2017 UPDATE:
  • Minor Schedule Change: Thunderstruck now airs Wednesdays and Thursdays, instead of Thursdays and Fridays.
  • Removed Up All Night from Saturdays (One Hit Wonder's show continues, hasn't been on Paragon Chat in over a month.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:30:11 AM by Tahquitz »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 07:57:43 AM »
AUGUST 2017 UPDATE:

• Added myself on Fridays.  The show's called The Midnight Show. :)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
NOVEMBER 2017 UPDATE:
  • MON-FRI AM: DJ Steel has returned to host in Pocket D in the mornings with "Weekdays with Steel!"

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 11:51:38 PM »
DJ THUNDER is MOVING!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 07:50:50 PM »
JANUARY 2018 UPDATE:

• Moved DJ Thunder's Thunderstruck to Mondays and Tuesdays.
  • Removed DJ Nexus' Roots of Rock.  The show is on hiatus from January 2018 until further notice.  (He'll still appear on Mischief Management.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:59:03 PM by Tahquitz »

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 04:12:54 PM »
Is there a way to annotate which shows broadcast from Paragon Chat?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »
I think the show descriptions mention meeting places, if one exists. The only one missing (I think) is for DJ Pheonyx, who almost always meets in Pocket D (once or twice a year he's shown up in Star Trek Online).

Steel was once at the WCOC station in Champions Online, but that looks like a one-off.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 03:03:06 AM »
All of these DJs are in Paragon Chat weekly.  For Paragon Radio, Pogoman is there most Fridays, with the occasional Thursday if he can't make it on a Friday.

Concerning The Cape Radio:  If the DJ does a weekly show in Champions, it's not listed here (example: DJ Winter on Mondays is in Champions Online regularly).  I'm not going to name names, but I also don't list DJs who appear wherever they feel like week to week (meaning not Paragon Chat), which is fine.  This list is voluntary.

Some DJs (inculding me, my absence is ending hopefully next week) are intermittent.  They come on when they can.  I try to keep this list updated, but if someone's been off of Paragon Chat for a while (a couple of months with no show), let me know in Private Messages.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 03:06:31 AM »
Thanks, Tahquitz.   :)