Author Topic: Fire Powers FX in any direction working  (Read 2572 times)

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
Re: Fire Powers FX in any direction working
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
Hi, my skype id is istiaq.ahmed.23
I think the issue is due to some missing components in the target environment. For example, it could be VC++ redistributible. I need to check the machine where it is not working to identify what exactly the issue is. Otherwise the log looks fine.
I am available for a session at the following times this weekend:
Friday 8PM - Saturday Midnight
Saturday 5AM - 10AM
These times are in EST
Please have teamviewer installed as well.

I don't think a remote session will fix this honestly. I think a video tutorial should be put up. I have the Issue 24 game installation and not the very original installation. You need to point out what operating system you are using, and how does your Coh directory looks like because I already have all the necessary Microsoft files. I've yet to see any proof of this working.
Inside each and every planet in the universe is a miniature sun.

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
Hi All,

Here is an updated installer that should get rid of the previous problems and be able to launch the game without crashing. Please have a look and let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cifthcex7kzmvtz/AAD0KPCQUwE_hXKwzLwBbJxca?dl=0

Cheers,
Istiaq

Tahquitz

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
  • To Clear Your View
    • HERC Liaison/Advisor
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »
Both installers have the same issue: when I install the application, it asks for my City of Heroes client (which I got from Tequila, so I point there.)  Then it asks for the sound archive, which the above Dropbox links are dead.  So I close the window expecting the install to fail.

Then it says it's completed.  When I run Hero Virtual Desktop, I get a blue bar with "Hero Virtual".  The only menu option is to exit.

Remember when ranting: always vent your spleen.

How Icon and Paragon Chat Works (by Felderburg) | Bored in Paragon Chat? Start something. | Property of Triumphâ„¢

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
Both installers have the same issue: when I install the application, it asks for my City of Heroes client (which I got from Tequila, so I point there.)  Then it asks for the sound archive, which the above Dropbox links are dead.  So I close the window expecting the install to fail.

Then it says it's completed.  When I run Hero Virtual Desktop, I get a blue bar with "Hero Virtual".  The only menu option is to exit.

Won't run without the sound archive.
Inside each and every planet in the universe is a miniature sun.

Tahquitz

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
  • To Clear Your View
    • HERC Liaison/Advisor
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 09:44:44 PM »
Until a new link for the sound.zip appears, I guess I'm at an impasse.

Fortunately, I'm patient.
Remember when ranting: always vent your spleen.

How Icon and Paragon Chat Works (by Felderburg) | Bored in Paragon Chat? Start something. | Property of Triumphâ„¢

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
Sorry about that try https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j9ry56i0j3pp1w/sound.zip?dl=0 for the sound files

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
Updated installer with several bug fixes available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cifthcex7kzmvtz/AAD0KPCQUwE_hXKwzLwBbJxca?dl=0
Sound.zip file is available at  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j9ry56i0j3pp1w/sound.zip?dl=0 as before

MajorDisaster

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »
I tried this app too, and it's not working for me

[Soapbox on]

Programs need to check for errors, and display appropriate warnings when they don't have what the need.

Secondly, programs need to display a 'loading' dialog, status bar, or SOMETHING if they take a long time to initialize.

IBM/Microsoft policy used to be anything longer than 2 seconds needed to have a UI and a cancel button.

Obviously, no one pays attention to those UI/UX guidelines, but in this case, it would be a great idea.

Not a really robust program.

I had high hopes for this. Is it still being worked on?

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 06:40:07 PM »
Hello,

Yes, we are working on a version 2 of this application that would be an upgrade and would have better UX.

Cheers!

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2017, 11:42:05 PM »
Istiaq, can also help you debug the problems you are facing.
 This thing is an alpha, and has some bugs especially in the installation process, but once it's going it works really well.

Let us know if you want some personal support to get you started.