Author Topic: Fire Powers FX in any direction working  (Read 28866 times)

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
Re: Fire Powers FX in any direction working
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 09:32:32 PM »
Hi, my skype id is istiaq.ahmed.23
I think the issue is due to some missing components in the target environment. For example, it could be VC++ redistributible. I need to check the machine where it is not working to identify what exactly the issue is. Otherwise the log looks fine.
I am available for a session at the following times this weekend:
Friday 8PM - Saturday Midnight
Saturday 5AM - 10AM
These times are in EST
Please have teamviewer installed as well.

I don't think a remote session will fix this honestly. I think a video tutorial should be put up. I have the Issue 24 game installation and not the very original installation. You need to point out what operating system you are using, and how does your Coh directory looks like because I already have all the necessary Microsoft files. I've yet to see any proof of this working.

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
Hi All,

Here is an updated installer that should get rid of the previous problems and be able to launch the game without crashing. Please have a look and let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cifthcex7kzmvtz/AAD0KPCQUwE_hXKwzLwBbJxca?dl=0

Cheers,
Istiaq

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »
Both installers have the same issue: when I install the application, it asks for my City of Heroes client (which I got from Tequila, so I point there.)  Then it asks for the sound archive, which the above Dropbox links are dead.  So I close the window expecting the install to fail.

Then it says it's completed.  When I run Hero Virtual Desktop, I get a blue bar with "Hero Virtual".  The only menu option is to exit.

"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
Both installers have the same issue: when I install the application, it asks for my City of Heroes client (which I got from Tequila, so I point there.)  Then it asks for the sound archive, which the above Dropbox links are dead.  So I close the window expecting the install to fail.

Then it says it's completed.  When I run Hero Virtual Desktop, I get a blue bar with "Hero Virtual".  The only menu option is to exit.

Won't run without the sound archive.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 09:44:44 PM »
Until a new link for the sound.zip appears, I guess I'm at an impasse.

Fortunately, I'm patient.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:52 PM »
Sorry about that try https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j9ry56i0j3pp1w/sound.zip?dl=0 for the sound files

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
Updated installer with several bug fixes available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cifthcex7kzmvtz/AAD0KPCQUwE_hXKwzLwBbJxca?dl=0
Sound.zip file is available at  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j9ry56i0j3pp1w/sound.zip?dl=0 as before

MajorDisaster

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »
I tried this app too, and it's not working for me

[Soapbox on]

Programs need to check for errors, and display appropriate warnings when they don't have what the need.

Secondly, programs need to display a 'loading' dialog, status bar, or SOMETHING if they take a long time to initialize.

IBM/Microsoft policy used to be anything longer than 2 seconds needed to have a UI and a cancel button.

Obviously, no one pays attention to those UI/UX guidelines, but in this case, it would be a great idea.

Not a really robust program.

I had high hopes for this. Is it still being worked on?

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 06:40:07 PM »
Hello,

Yes, we are working on a version 2 of this application that would be an upgrade and would have better UX.

Cheers!

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2017, 11:42:05 PM »
Istiaq, can also help you debug the problems you are facing.
 This thing is an alpha, and has some bugs especially in the installation process, but once it's going it works really well.

Let us know if you want some personal support to get you started.

mioxert

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
Hello, I tried your program out, it seems to work fine, almost every animation I tried works and you can switch colors etc, but I still dont get 100% how it works, is there some sort of tutorial ?

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2017, 04:11:48 AM »
I have not put a tutorial together yet. Considering the number of features, I will get around to it. The intention is to provide a facility to config and play with animated minis in a 3d setting to support super based tactical and rpg games. .Will get some instructions up at some point soon.

Istiaq or I can also walk you through it...

mioxert

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »
I have several questions:
First, I didn't realize I should clone the character traits I would like to use on a custom character and that messed up the file unfortunately will a fresh install fix this?
Second, No weapons appear, is this how it's supposed to be ?
Third, I am confused on how the animation events work, is there a way to animate multiple characters at once, maybe with 3d movement ?

Thanks again, this was real fun to experiment with.

istiaq

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »
On first, if you mean that you somehow corrupted the repository file CrowdRepo.data in data folder, I don't think you need the stress of re-install, we have a hidden feature that takes backup of last working copy of the repository file. Jeff or I can help you locate it. If you mean that you saved some wrong powers/moves/identities for a character, you can always delete them. We can even provide you with an updated version of the app (the installer is not prepared yet, will have to manually copy one or two files and that would get you going) that has some smarter way of copying/removing powers and stuff and also has a lot of bug fixes from the version you installed.
On second, i have to see what you mean by weapons don't appear. If you choose a character, then edit his identity to select a costume and then go to power editor to add some fx with weapons, you would find the characters holding weapons.
On third, the animations you can select to design character powers. The power could be just a simple power or an attack. You can click on the play buttons to see how the power works. It is a bit hard to pick up at the beginning since there is no tutorial. Jeff or I can walk you through as Jeff suggested.
We are currently focusing on fixing and improving UX on this app. We are also adding some cooler features. The updated version would be available soon.

If you need any sort of assistance, skype me. My skype id: istiaq.ahmed.23

Cheers!

mioxert

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 07:28:42 PM »
Simply restoring the folder to a previous version and reinstalling fixed my issue, I apparently had deleted an entire powerset accidentally..
I think I've found my way around the power editor, and how to use the fx and animations, I've created a lot of custom abilities.
Also what I mean is that not all weapon fx appear, some do like the pistols, shotgun, basic katana, but others like most claws and staffs don't even when I pick the correct ones in the fx menu, also they don't carry on from my costumes.
I would love to get the new version, apart from several crashes this one has been really fun to experiment with and it really shows how much work was put into this.
Also, is there a way to animate two costumes at the same time ?, or to activate two costumes from the roster at the same time ?
Thanks again for your time.

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2017, 03:25:45 PM »
Hey glad to see you are having fun!

We are really powering down on fixing bugs and improving the user experience, one of which eliiminates the data file corruption we were thinking. If that happens you can grab a backup repo from your archive folder inside the app.

Id be happy to do a walkthrough of the features, and if you like take a copy of the latest dll and drop in your HVVT app folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/imm09utpuylshch/Module.HeroVirtualTabletop.dll?dl=0

New features include
- gangs can attack all at once
- bulk copy and paste powers
can attack an entire gang at once
- way less bugs
- performance improvements
- models can have powers to(as opposed to just costumes)!

PM me directly and ill pass my email adress

mioxert

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:51 PM »
Hello again,
Do I have to rename it to anything or do I just drop it in ?
Thanks

Edit: Scratch that, I figured it out
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:29:34 PM by mioxert »

mioxert

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2017, 05:03:46 AM »
Hey glad to see you are having fun!

We are really powering down on fixing bugs and improving the user experience, one of which eliiminates the data file corruption we were thinking. If that happens you can grab a backup repo from your archive folder inside the app.

Id be happy to do a walkthrough of the features, and if you like take a copy of the latest dll and drop in your HVVT app folder

New features include
- gangs can attack all at once
- bulk copy and paste powers
can attack an entire gang at once
- way less bugs
- performance improvements
- models can have powers to(as opposed to just costumes)!

PM me directly and ill pass my email adress

So I've been having a few bugs after a few hours with the new version
1) I can't add a new identity to any character on the roster, it simply spawns an infinite amount of a random costume and then crashes the app completely.
2)Most weapons don't appear
3) Sometimes by clicking twice instead of a costume executing it's default action it simply moves to the camera
, should I pm you for instructions on how to use gangs etc ?

Thanks again

Jeff Anderson

• Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2017, 01:25:46 AM »
sorry to hear that

a) try this new version

b) try a clean repo  rename coh\data\crowdrepo.data, then drop this one in that folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1kp6ohayctypfr/CrowdRepo.data?dl=0   it has a bunch of new powers, all the models from npc menu, etc

hint: to create a character with alot of powers quickly,
- right click on a character inside the powers folder
- select copy abilities
- right click your new character
- click paste abilities as reference
voila you have a whole suit of powers added!

again happy to do  a walkthrough....

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
Is anyone still working on this particular project?  A CoH based VTT sounds like an outstanding idea to me.