Author Topic: How happy would you be if you found out it was coming back just as it was?  (Read 15924 times)

Marine X

• Minion
Re: How happy would you be if you found out it was coming back just as it was?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »
Being that I've been known to blow hours of precious down time on Paragon Chat, Of course I would return. I tried game after game looking for even a glimmer of what made the City Of Heroes Universe Special, with very little to show for it. Even if it ends up being a Spiritual Successor I hope they preserve the things that appealed to me. If we could have the original back, I would have a lot of Characters to recreate and level, new content would not be my primary concern considering how much content I never got to experience as it was. Patiently waiting for either or both to arrive.....
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X

JordanYen

• Minion
Being that I've been known to blow hours of precious down time on Paragon Chat, Of course I would return. I tried game after game looking for even a glimmer of what made the City Of Heroes Universe Special, with very little to show for it. Even if it ends up being a Spiritual Successor I hope they preserve the things that appealed to me. If we could have the original back, I would have a lot of Characters to recreate and level, new content would not be my primary concern considering how much content I never got to experience as it was. Patiently waiting for either or both to arrive.....

Amen. Or Ramen. Or whatever "men" you want. I agree!

LagunaShirogane

• Underling
  • The Legendary Bolt Templar
I would ditch all the MMOs i have such as WoW, DCUO, and FF14 to come back. I wouldnt pay another dime to another MMO again to play this game again. I left CoH just a few days shy of it's shutdown when i heard the news. That's how upset i was. I just couldn't say goodbye and turn my back on Bolt Templar who has been a legend in my heart in the world of superheroes. Even though he has been reincarnated in DCUO, but his true soul still lingers on in CoH and it feels like his body is here but his soul isnt and it would be great to like "reunite" his body and soul if CoH was to return. Bolt Templar has been around since the game came out in 2004 (despite being remade once due to loss of account access in CoH but regardless...he's like a phoenix...he always is reborn) and that's why i call him a legend. He is one of the original heroes from CoH from before CoV came in that began in Galaxy City and will rise again when CoH returns.
Bolt Templar - Freedom Server, Mutant Electric Blaster/Electric Manipulator
Born AKA Created - 2004

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
I would sell my first born daughter to be able to play City of Heroes again.

(anybody want to buy a 30-year-old devoree who is perhasps a couple pounds overweigth.  Deal; includes 2 obnoxious children.)

Vee

• Elite Boss
I would sell my first born daughter to be able to play City of Heroes again.

(anybody want to buy a 30-year-old devoree who is perhasps a couple pounds overweigth.  Deal; includes 2 obnoxious children.)

Bound to be somebody out there trying to genetically engineer an army of clones who can post as much as a chatbot but not be foiled by captchas who'd make you a deal just to get a look at your half of her dna.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
I would ditch all the MMOs i have such as WoW, DCUO, and FF14 to come back. I wouldnt pay another dime to another MMO again to play this game again. I left CoH just a few days shy of it's shutdown when i heard the news. That's how upset i was. I just couldn't say goodbye and turn my back on Bolt Templar who has been a legend in my heart in the world of superheroes. Even though he has been reincarnated in DCUO, but his true soul still lingers on in CoH and it feels like his body is here but his soul isnt and it would be great to like "reunite" his body and soul if CoH was to return. Bolt Templar has been around since the game came out in 2004 (despite being remade once due to loss of account access in CoH but regardless...he's like a phoenix...he always is reborn) and that's why i call him a legend. He is one of the original heroes from CoH from before CoV came in that began in Galaxy City and will rise again when CoH returns.

When I heard it was closing. I just sort of shut down. I played for a little while but the last month or two I really didn't have the heart. I thought why waste time doing missions or a TF or leveling up a hero, for nothing. And it also was depressing being in the game, playing, knowing it was all going to go away forever, so I just stopped.

I went to CO and DCU - was ok to get back into playing a Super Hero again - in fact in both games I recreated my top favorites and pretended they got shunted to a parallel universe when COH was over. But COH spoiled me and every thing I did I kept thinking - 'its not COH' or 'COH did it better'. I rarely team in either game and just go in once in while, just to see what's going on, but they just don't make me want to play 7 - 8 hours straight like COH did.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Bound to be somebody out there trying to genetically engineer an army of clones who can post as much as a chatbot but not be foiled by captchas who'd make you a deal just to get a look at your half of her dna.

I hadn't considered that.  An army of PA clones might not be a good thing, exactly.

doctorlurkin

• Boss
I don't know, with all the Pantsless Reports being posted it might be fun to interpret all the between the lines of between the lines.  Or cause a nonstop swirling descent into madness.  Either way, it would help pass the time.
I'm not really a doctor, but I've played one on Television!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
I don't know, with all the Pantsless Reports being posted it might be fun to interpret all the between the lines of between the lines.  Or cause a nonstop swirling descent into madness.  Either way, it would help pass the time.

Yes, but one of my clones might surpass me in posts count.  It is a sad day indeed when you are surpassed by one of your clones.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
As I have said, often: I just want to play COH again before I die.

I would gladly play in maintenance mode.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Amen. Or Ramen. Or whatever "men" you want. I agree!

It really is quite telling that, with all the mmos out there, I'm happily spending hours in the hollowed out shell of City of Heroes/Villains/Going Rogue, rather than in those games.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

JordanYen

• Minion
It really is quite telling that, with all the mmos out there, I'm happily spending hours in the hollowed out shell of City of Heroes/Villains/Going Rogue, rather than in those games.

Now that you mention it, you're right. I have seen a few MMOs and dabbled, but I have not actually played any MMO other than CoH and at this point, it doesn't seem I ever will (other than CoH successors).

PseudoCool

• Underling
For me.. it's simple..

Bring it back as it was, dated graphics, lag, and NPC's that don't actually DO anything..

Hell Yeaz!  I'd be there to play it in a heartbeat..

As long as it was no longer in NCSofts hands that is.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
For me.. it's simple..

Bring it back as it was, dated graphics, lag, and NPC's that don't actually DO anything..

Hell Yeaz!  I'd be there to play it in a heartbeat..

As long as it was no longer in NCSofts hands that is.

I see on STEAM a lot of MMO's that are years old and never updated and people still play, outdated graphics and all - I see no reason if COH came back exactly as it was, that old time players wouldn't jump at it.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
I see on STEAM a lot of MMO's that are years old and never updated and people still play, outdated graphics and all - I see no reason if COH came back exactly as it was, that old time players wouldn't jump at it.

That would suit me.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

doc7924

• Elite Boss
That would suit me.

I grew up on video games in the early - mid 70's. Top of the line graphics for me back then were two dots shooting a line at each other.

I can live if COH kept the graphics from 2011

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Yes the graphics were a good compliment to the genre of the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to an upgrade, as I am sure the engine would
be upgraded as well to accommodate current tech.

But that would be a Herculean-task to re-create and size all parts.  :P
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
When it comes to the game, nobody cares about out-dated graphics.
Nobody cares that much about clumsy game mechanics.
As long as it is fun to play, easy to PUG and it feels like a hobby instead of a game to beat.