Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64620 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
Even though I previously postulated it might be future Barry, it stopped fitting for me with KF's "oh my delicious teddy bear steak YES I'll join you" reaction.  It was going to take some major crazy for future Barry to kill Iris, anyway, but KF totally made me disbelieve the possibility.

I didn't get that sense of her being pleased or delighted - or overcome with any emotion - at all, at the revealing of the suit's occupant. But her stunned surprise at who it was, coupled with her willingness to join forces, could well be explained by its being future Barry - or someone whom Barry trusts implicitly, and who knows him well enough to truly screw him over. (Jay, maybe, driven mad by the Speed Force torture he willingly took from Wally?) She did say, in the future, that she's mad at Barry, because his Flashpoint-repair attempt gave her unwanted powers (and a split personality, apparently).

The big drawback to its being a future Barry is that Savitar wants, ultimately, to kill Barry - but he'd be killing himself. Maybe a parallel Barry as Savitar, then, but why the vendetta, in that case?

Another question is, what would future Wally have seen that drove him catatonic? One possibility is an alarming reveal of who's in the suit, but who might that be?

I'd been thinking that the episode ruled out, as Savitar, everyone whom our Barry met in the future, with Savitar imprisoned in the Speed Force. But Savitar's undoubtedly from farther in the future than a mere seven years, so that makes it still difficult to figure out who's out of the running, and who's still in play.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2017, 01:15:14 PM »
So tonight's the night we find out who Savitar is.

Make your final prediction and we'll see who's right tomorrow!

Mine: Time Remnant Barry

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »
Technician Naylor, the smeghead from Nerva.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2017, 10:34:01 PM »
That guy from Jitters they kept forgetting to tip.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So it looks like the obvious solution is to keep Barry out of their plans to stop Savitar. 

Or just give him a gun and tell him that Eddie knew what to do.  :P

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
Dayum, did not see this coming... guess it was just too obvious, with that specific suit and all :roll:

She did say, in the future, that she's mad at Barry, because his Flashpoint-repair attempt gave her unwanted powers (and a split personality, apparently).
Except we don't know if that's really Barry's fault.
If you remember, at the season's beginning Caitlyn hadn't told anyone about her ice powers... so there's no way to know if she didn't have them before Flashpoint. Barry told her she didn't, but since she kept 'em a secret from everyone anyway... well, there's a good chance that she became a Meta in the particle accelerator explosion and her powers simply took some time to manifest.

With that out of the way, I really love her new look. How can someone so cold look so hot? ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:43:36 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:35 AM »
So I was right.

I really hope that this doesn't mean I'm starting to think like the writers.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2017, 01:59:24 AM »
Killer Frost's veritable glee still seems bizarre.  As does a future Barry wanting to kill Iris.  I'm not confident we'll even get an explanation for the former, and whatever we get for the latter probably won't be satisfying.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2017, 07:00:02 AM »
I really hope that this doesn't mean I'm starting to think like the writers.

Were you thinking as you watched that the guy who can catch bullets out of the air should jump in front of ice spikes with his chest twice rather than catching them or just moving their target out of the way? Were you thinking that the resident genius should be confused as to how Caitlyn knew he was in the rafters despite knowing that she was working with a time traveler and also being 10 feet away when she explained it? I think you've got quite a ways to go before you start thinking like these writers.

Also is it me or did Anne Dudek have a botched eye job since a few weeks ago when the magicians season ended? She looked like 10 years older.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
Dayum, did not see this coming... guess it was just too obvious, with that specific suit and all :roll:
Except we don't know if that's really Barry's fault.
If you remember, at the season's beginning Caitlyn hadn't told anyone about her ice powers... so there's no way to know if she didn't have them before Flashpoint. Barry told her she didn't, but since she kept 'em a secret from everyone anyway... well, there's a good chance that she became a Meta in the particle accelerator explosion and her powers simply took some time to manifest.
In S2 E5, Wells had a meta-detector watch and held it up to Caitlin to show that she was not a meta. 

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
If their meta detectors worked on people with inactive meta genes, it seems like they'd be inundated with false positives all the time.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2017, 01:47:21 AM »
I have a question: When Barry went to the future to see his future self, Future Barry didn't know who Savitar was. And after this week's episode it's revealed it's Future Barry?? ??? How far in the future is he from?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:12:53 AM by Dev7on »

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2017, 02:58:53 AM »
I don't know who that is, and it's definitely not me, and no one saw me being that guy, and why are you asking me specifically

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2017, 08:52:32 AM »
I have a question: When Barry went to the future to see his future self, Future Barry didn't know who Savitar was. And after this week's episode it's revealed it's Future Barry?? ??? How far in the future is he from?

Since Emo-Barry doesn't have the facial scarring, it's apparent that Savitar-Barry's from farther in the future. (A lot of the reaction videos call him Emo-Barry; as I was watching the episode, I thought of him more as Keanu-Barry; I got a distinct "Excellent Adventure" vibe from his look.)

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
Modern Barry knows future Barry is Savitar but future Cisco doesn't know, so that means MB never told MC.  Hurrah, more secrets from the team, that always works out.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
Nah, Barry's changing the timeline again.  From next week's preview, it's clear that Cisco knows.

The writers have no consistency on time travel, but I think the way it works is that you jump to the future as it existed at the time you left.  If you come back and make changes on what you learned in the future, that future doesn't exist any more and if you go forward again, you might find something new.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
Nah, Barry's changing the timeline again.  From next week's preview, it's clear that Cisco knows.

The writers have no consistency on time travel, but I think the way it works is that you jump to the future as it existed at the time you left.  If you come back and make changes on what you learned in the future, that future doesn't exist any more and if you go forward again, you might find something new.

The future is already changing in ways that just doesn't make sense, as usual.

In the future, this new lady makes the prison 4 years too late to stop Savitar in time. And supposedly since he is Barry he knows everything that happened.

But, since now the future has to be changed since they got to this scientist lady 4 years earlier, mostly everything that happens now is not the same as the 'original' timeline, so his knowledge should be less reliable. Like how in the Terminator films things keep changing from their original progress.

Or like in the Star Trek reboot - when they realize they are in an altered timeline, Spock says Nero can't be certain of his historical knowledge since history has been changed.

Savitar should be able to 'Bill and Ted' them and always be able to stay ahead of them, but he's not.

For a few minutes I was leaning toward HR, with him somehow using that scientist's theory to control the Speed Force for himself. But he is not that smart.

They sort of gave it away early in the show when it HAD to be one of the people in that warehouse - Barry, Cisco, Joe, Frost or the pretty lady.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2017, 07:17:18 PM »
Were you thinking as you watched that the guy who can catch bullets out of the air should jump in front of ice spikes with his chest twice rather than catching them or just moving their target out of the way? Were you thinking that the resident genius should be confused as to how Caitlyn knew he was in the rafters despite knowing that she was working with a time traveler and also being 10 feet away when she explained it? I think you've got quite a ways to go before you start thinking like these writers.

Also is it me or did Anne Dudek have a botched eye job since a few weeks ago when the magicians season ended? She looked like 10 years older.

Speaking of Barry running into things - the other episode he goes and confronts The Top - and he stands there while she whammies him and makes him all dizzy. Now he knows she can do this because he has faced her before. So later he goes after her and confronts her again - and STANDS there while she whammies him again!

I have said many times - for someone who can run faster then sound and even time travel - he gets hit - a LOT.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2017, 01:44:48 AM »

That is exactly how it seems to work.  It's like in Heroes when they were changing the timeline and closing off potential futures.  Which included stranding a character in a non existent future and then never mentioning her again.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2017, 02:59:02 AM »
Emo-Barry said that Savitar would kill Barry's time remnants - "mostly". An odd wording, unless it's a clue. Theory: Savitar is a time remnant - whether somehow surviving from last season's fight with Zoom, or a less-than-altruistic one from this season, who resents the idea of dying for Barry's cause - who wasn't killed by Savitar because he becomes Savitar. And Savitar's won't kill Barry yet, because Barry hasn't yet created the time remnants.

Just another guess. We'll find out on the 23rd, most likely.

(A wild thought that I had, when Emo-Barry said that Iris would die in Barry's arms on the 23rd: They've said May 23rd more than once, like they're tempting fate. What if some catastrophic real-world event were to happen, that postpones the season finale with wall-to-wall news coverage?)