Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64550 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
Music Meister by behind. That had to be Mxplt..Myxtlp.....that 5th Dimensional Imp. All the stuff he can do fits his MO. And he said something like they wouldn't understand or believe where he is from. Its the only way he can know everything he knows about everyone, existing in another dimension looking in.

Though why he tried to rob the bank I don't know. Just havin fun I guess.

I got the impression that he did it as part of getting Kid Flash back in gear - to give him a villain/criminal to fight.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »
Mxyzptlk already showed up in his own episode on Supergirl.

Oh. I don't watch Supergirl on a regular basis. He had too many powers to just be a music villain though. Especially getting out of a cell that can hold any meta.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
That was... not musical enough.

The two original songs were okay, though Gustin oddly sounded a bit country in the last one.  The unoriginal songs were just disappointing.  And the singing and dancing needed to be more tied into what they were calling a story in order to give it a proper musical feel.
Yeah, this was no "Once More, With Feeling."

Also, was it a bit of a cheat to have the real Iris & Mon-El fix things at the end? I thought so. The entire time, Meister was saying the two people affected had to fix things.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »
Oh. I don't watch Supergirl on a regular basis. He had too many powers to just be a music villain though. Especially getting out of a cell that can hold any meta.

Given how he had to borrow Supergirl and the Flash's powers, and used an obvious bit of tech to get from her world to Earth 1, I'm assuming he's not a meta at all.  Didn't Piper escape from a cell using hidden tech, too?

Of course, he's such a one shot throwaway character that we'll probably never know for sure.  May as well just say it's Mopee and forget about it.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2017, 08:51:54 PM »
Given how he had to borrow Supergirl and the Flash's powers, and used an obvious bit of tech to get from her world to Earth 1, I'm assuming he's not a meta at all.  Didn't Piper escape from a cell using hidden tech, too?

Of course, he's such a one shot throwaway character that we'll probably never know for sure.  May as well just say it's Mopee and forget about it.

I thought they let Piper out or he tricked them.

Anyway I just thought he seemed to powerful to be just a regular guy, but he did use tech as you say, so most likely not a meta. And he knew a lot about what was going on in E1 and E2, and about the people in Star Labs and DEO. And he wasn't evil either, just like Mxy. Only fooling around, and doing it for a good cause.

Maybe another time traveler with future tech that looks like magic? or Batmite?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »
I like the Mopee explanation. :D

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »

I don't think he needed the tech to move to E1, that was just his way to get both groups together.  "here's a clue, now go see Barry about this."

I figured MM was just another 5th dimensional being.  He doesn't have to be one named in the comics.  Mon'El said they were kill on sight on Daxam, so it had to happen occasionally that one would show up and cause havok.  At first i was thinking MM was just a slightly more benevelent imp than you normally see, but decided that's probably not right.  MM probably considered Supergirl and Flash to be his favorite TV shows and saw the plot moving in a direction he didn't like so did something about it (rather than just get on an internet forum and complain).

One of the times Piper escaped it was by pulling out his middle ear implants, overloading them and having them shatter the glass of the cell.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2017, 07:29:04 PM »
The episode was decent but no Once More With Feeling.  The advantage it had is that all of the cast were good singers.  As much as I love OMWF...

As to Meister.  I think he is a fan of the heroes from the future who stole technology to help them out.  In fact I'm guessing we are talking LSH era and this is going to be the episode they flash back to when the LSH comes to get Monel.  It wouldn't even surprise me if he turned out to be the CW version of Booster Gold.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »
Barry doesn't learn I guess. "I will never time travel again" as it cause too many problems. So next week he goes to the future.

And he must make a habit of travelling to the future a lot - everyone he pisses off seems to be from there.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2017, 05:30:31 PM »
Did none of them think to remove Caitlin's necklace just long enough for Killer Frost to heal her - or, at least, stabilize her - and then PUT IT BACK ON? Do I have to think of everything? AM I WORKING ALONE HERE, PEOPLE??

(Besides, I thought that it was the bracelets that kept KF in check, and that the necklace was just a solar-powered recharger.)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »
They thought about removing it... Caitlin refused.  She said she'd rather die than willingly become Killer Frost.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
They thought about removing it... Caitlin refused.  She said she'd rather die than willingly become Killer Frost.

Right but once she healed they could have put it back on.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2017, 02:02:23 AM »
Right but once she healed they could have put it back on.

Well, at the end they arguably didn't have time to before they got blasted.  However, it's more likely that Malfoy planned to bring forth Killer Frost given his all too obvious aggravation of the wound earlier.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2017, 02:22:18 AM »
Well, at the end they arguably didn't have time to before they got blasted.  However, it's more likely that Malfoy planned to bring forth Killer Frost given his all too obvious aggravation of the wound earlier.

Gee. If only there was someone they knew that had super speed..

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »
Gee. If only there was someone they knew that had super speed..

Putting aside that those people routinely fail to be fast enough and suffer from dubious reflexes, was there such a person in the room during the crisis moment at the end?  I only recall Cisco, Malfoy, and HR.  During the surgery lead up it would be a moot point, as the patient was adamantly against it.  At the moment of crisis, it could only possibly matter if the speedster was right there - and even then, without being on standby to put the necklace back on her the moment she stabilised, they probably would've been too late.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2017, 12:32:38 PM »
Putting aside that those people routinely fail to be fast enough and suffer from dubious reflexes, was there such a person in the room during the crisis moment at the end?  I only recall Cisco, Malfoy, and HR.  During the surgery lead up it would be a moot point, as the patient was adamantly against it.  At the moment of crisis, it could only possibly matter if the speedster was right there - and even then, without being on standby to put the necklace back on her the moment she stabilised, they probably would've been too late.

They weren't there, no. I was just being sarcastic. Though I wonder why they didn't call Barry right away.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2017, 03:30:12 AM »
Barry doesn't learn I guess. "I will never time travel again" as it cause too many problems. So next week he goes to the future.

And he must make a habit of travelling to the future a lot - everyone he pisses off seems to be from there.

Well to be fair he swore not to try to change the past again.  Going into the future can't change the past so he won't be killing anyones brother or swapping out children.

And in the comics he did use the cosmic treadmill to travel to the future quite often.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2017, 04:55:36 AM »
But if he goes into the far future to figure out how to change the near future doesn't that count as changing the past?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2017, 05:07:01 AM »
But if he goes into the far future to figure out how to change the near future doesn't that count as changing the past?

Not from the perspective of his present.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »
I'm sure he'll have fun explaining that to all the people screwed over in the dystopian timeline saving iris spawns