Author Topic: As good as it gets  (Read 1870 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
As good as it gets
« on: July 16, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »
As far as 'average' weekends with CO go, this is about as good as it gets. Warlord + Fire and Ice.

Warlord is still the undisputed (in my world) champ of Custom Alurts due to it has one of the toughest fights to get to the boss (in a good way), a good boss fight once you get there, and the possibility to get a boss drop that is one of the best loots in a game that normally drops vendor loot at best. In years past I would also add that Warlord commonly drops 1g vendor loot but they screwed that up last year. Wonder team that they are. There, Wherever.. Warlord is still good for non uber loot as well as the chance for the big prize. I forgot until now (not so ninja, edit..) that Warlord also drops Smash-like G's and the costume pieces (I just got the Back..) sell for decent, too. I usually end up with at least a few hundred G's worth of costume pieces before Warlord is over.

Fire and Ice is the only original new Rampage since Gravitar who has been having to fight everyone by herself until KB and Frosticus started duoing us. Like Gravi, it's a tough fight but in a good way (this, also, is in.. my world), If you want Justice gear, this is also the time to try and get yourself in a Private Queue..

This is the Summit.... ATyger! What you can look forward to at 40.

As far as fun goes, in CO, on a 'normal' weekend.

I plan to Warlord my brains out today and Jooc just needs one Hypercooled Shiznizzlefits to get his last Justice piece.. Dogs are washed, lawn is mowed, plants watered & birds fed. Fridge is packed.. All the stars seem to be in alignment...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:18:48 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: As good as it gets
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:50:49 PM »
interesting

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 10:51:32 PM »
I kinda ended up getting sidetracked with the new STO expansion and made my first alt that I plan to play past level 10...

I made this Doctor Smith (Lost in Space) clone, 'Smitty' (indeed....!) and am trying to figure out how to twink him with my main guy who can make purple (very rare) newb gear. The costume creator did a pretty decent job of recreating his image from my memory! He's not the studliest cadet running around...lol but that's cool.

Ugh I kinda don't like STO Ground mishes, though.. If I wanna do ground, I'll CO.. It makes STO ground combat feel kinda clunky to me but STO Ground does have it's own sophistication *has Kings Quest V Flashbacks after doing that recent mish that had him crawling around with a flashlight (think: torch in a cave) forever..* That was the last ground mish that I did by choice... Some ...months ago?

They Make you do a Ground mish in the new expansion to be able to access the 25th Century. And mail. But it's pretty painless.

Anyway, yeah, this is about as good as it gets in CO on a 'normal' (they didn't just come out with something new) day - for me. It's the most decent for teaming and rewards and fun (it's a combined score..) Custom Alurt & Rampage happening at the same time and on a weekend.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:01:00 AM »
Woohoo Jooc finally gets his final Justice piece! He already has a DUC..

Props to @warriorhugo for all the Rampage teams they put together. I'm gonna gear Jooc up and join some more after I get dinner rolling. Props to all people who make teams regularly. I don't since a long time but I like to support those who have picked up the torch.

Now I need some TA's.. And a Ruby Dragon Eye.... those are coming up next with Hi-Pan iirc.
Some Faves: