Author Topic: Starbound blasts off tommorow. And I have ambitions!  (Read 2529 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Starbound blasts off tommorow. And I have ambitions!
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:22:46 AM »
Specifically, I am starting a stream on twitch.tv and I'm inviting everyone here to join me the moment I get it started.  If anyone is interested likewise in starting a new character(I think characters are being wiped) I'd be happy to invite you through steam.  I am Laughing Alex on steam same as here.

Edit: The difficulty setting I will be playing is survival difficulty.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:11:57 AM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Starbound blasts off tommorow. And I have ambitions!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:59:36 PM »
Aand I have begun streaming!  I will take screenshots and post pictures.  Feel free to join anytime you see my stream on Laughing Alex.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »
Well so far...

Oh yes since I forgot...

https://www.twitch.tv/laughingalex

That is my channel.  I'll be slowly expanding things about this, since I am getting ideas.

As for my playthrough.....*Spoilers*

Thus far, besides the ghost town of the channel above, the play through had a slightly slow start that has begun to pick up speed.  I made it through the first mission, although the twitch stream did not record anything that time, to my annoyance.  This means only my steam screenshots survived.

First major "project":  Platforms in biiiiig moon chasm for easy and quick fuel access!:

Since I am finding it hard to track everything, what I will be doing is using twitch to upload videos of my playthrough onto youtube from here on, since I lost a lot of content.  Have to start somewhere.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:22:39 AM »
So, I decided to listen to my stream, and I found one problem: My voice was way to quiet to be feasibly heard.  So instead of showing some of the first videos I sent to youtube, I took this highlight, a small 18 minute video of me picking a spot and making a house on a radioactive jungle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8xluzNxTJc

I cannot say it's the best video, but I'll be making more.  Some problems the video reveals: My voice is quiet enough no one can hear it.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:07 AM »
I am not sure if Twitch has a way to isolate the .WAV that is created with the video but if it does you can use some Upward Expansion on it to boost anything below a certain threshold which would raise your low voice but not boost the Volume of the Game and SFX.

If you want you can send me the .WAV of it and i'll do it for you upward expansion can be a little tricky and I am not sure if Audaicty offers it for free.  Wouldn't take more then 30 minutes.  Assuming, that is, Twitch has a way to isolate the .WAV.

You would have to take down the old videos and post a new one with the altered audio.  if that's even possible ( I don't use Twitch very often clearly)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »
Thankfully I found a way to fix the audio issue for future videos.  I'll be posting them a bit later today.  A lot of it was more my own mic settings and the mic position.

As for progress in the game.

I've gotten to the "new era" that every game tends to have in them; automated farming and the wiring station so I'll be able to make some interesting things now :).

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pZarjR0hM - I spend time building a small green house in this one, not as eventful as the upcoming parts(lots of gnome abuse and upgrades).

Another Edit: I'll likely lower the music volume a bit more, I seem to suffer a quiet voice for some reason on streams from here on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:09:24 PM by LaughingAlex »