Author Topic: Go go STO (and CO)  (Read 1586 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Go go STO (and CO)
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
The link is a double post from another thread...
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10095363

When I read this, and I'm not even all the way through it yet..., I was like 'if only CO...'.

I mean, STO is a whole other game than what it used to be and the parts I've read about so far that they've added, are what I do/fiddle with most. If STO did it (kept re-inventing themselves without alienating their playerbase), so can CO.

That's what I always thought when my mouse hand was wired to play CO and people were complaining of no change. Then I was like... what have they done to my precious...! And why... When they started with the nonstop nerfs/horizontal changes - with no real power boost to counterbalance the losses in playtime.

I got tired of spending all my time and energy retconning for no counterbalancing reward. I was spending all my time and energy retconning to try to play at the level/with the style I was playing at/with before. I was about at my peak of liking, CO, too, so it wasn't just burnout, although, after running ~ 6 billion of the same Alurts over and over again I'd surely thought it would be. But it wasn't. I could always run them just 1 billionth of a fraction....better. And that was enough to keep me going.

People who log into CO mainly to see people who log into CO are less affected by this kind of thing I am very sure....! CO has a solid core community.

Anyway.. Grats STO, CO can do it too. It's kinda a CoHy story to me. The STO story. The people seem fired up and have a flare for adding something to a game you'd think they'd surely ran out of fresh ideas for by now. Sound familiar...?

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>