Author Topic: Suicide Squad  (Read 17243 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Suicide Squad
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
While I mostly liked Waller, one scene seemed senselessly coldblooded...

I did not like that scene, but mostly because it is inconsistent with my mental image of Waller.  I have to concede it wasn't at all inconsistent with the Waller portrayed in Suicide Squad.

But then I found the absolute last time you see Waller to be inconsistent if you buy into the icy-veined Waller.  That Waller seemed nervous almost to the point of being frightened about her circumstances at times, which seemed to me to be inconsistent with both my mental image of Waller and the Waller the movie itself built up.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »
Yeah, I'll probably be stuck comparing every depiction of Waller I see with the one from JLU for the rest of my life.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 11:01:49 PM »
Yeah, I'll probably be stuck comparing every depiction of Waller I see with the one from JLU for the rest of my life.

was it a jlu ep where she's dealing with Terry McGinnis bats in the future or a bats beyond? Whichever that one was is the gold standard. I thought this was about the closest they've come since to that, with Arrow's Waller being the low point. Smallville's was good, but more because it was pancake pancaking Pam Grier being P.P'ing Pam Grier than about anything specifically Waller. I might've just liked the Suicide Squad one so much because I still had a bad taste in my mouth from Arrow's.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 11:59:31 PM »
It was a JLU episode which served as an epic epilogue to the Batman Beyond series.  Just remembering it kinda makes me want to watch it again...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »
It was a JLU episode which served as an epic epilogue to the Batman Beyond series.  Just remembering it kinda makes me want to watch it again...

It was the series finale of Justice League Unlimited called "Epilogue" that simultaneously served as a capstone to both Justice League Unlimited and Batman Beyond, and yep, I consider it the definitive Amanda Waller characterization myself.  Some say it is also the definitive Timverse Batman episode even though he's barely in it, and I can't argue with that either.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2016, 08:45:34 PM »

I remember that episode I think, didn't Batman like shoot Terry's dad in the wang with a laser that made it so Batman could be Terry's real father?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »
I remember that episode I think, didn't Batman like shoot Terry's dad in the wang with a laser that made it so Batman could be Terry's real father?

A closer approximation would be to say that Amanda Waller "shot Terry's dad in the wang", I believe. 

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2016, 12:10:16 AM »

I think the movies that play in your brain are more interesting than the ones that pass through your eyeballs.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »
I think the movies that play in your brain are more interesting than the ones that pass through your eyeballs.

Aren't these still on Netflix? Maybe someone could check.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
i have the dvd within arms' reach and can't be bothered :P also i have no reason to doubt Arcana's eidetic memory since she's secretly Oracle.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2016, 10:43:42 PM »

Wiki of future batman right here.  I know its wiki, but it's a TV show so I don't feel bad sourcing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(Terry_McGinnis)

A closer approximation would be to say that Amanda Waller "shot Terry's dad in the wang", I believe. 

Ya it was Amanda Waller.  And perhaps it didn't go QUITE down like I remembered lol.  But the concept is just as bizarre.  From the same Wiki.

"Later in his career as Batman, he has a confrontation with an elderly Amanda Waller, who reveals that she engineered his origin to create a replacement Batman for Bruce Wayne. McGinnis learns that Wayne is his biological father; Waller used nanotechnology to ensure that Bruce Wayne's DNA overwrote the DNA in Warren McGinnis's reproductive cells."

They really are :)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2016, 01:26:31 AM »
None of that seems incompatible with wang lasering.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:18 AM »
Alright lazy peoples, I found it in Netflix. It was a flu shot in the arm. "The father thought he was getting a flu shot. Actually, it was a nano-tech solution programmed to rewrite his reproductive material into an exact copy of Bruce Wayne's." So there; no wang lazering. 

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2016, 02:59:39 AM »
Haha, okay so maybe I was off a little more.  Flu shot, wang lasers.  Really who wouldn't make that mistake...............right?

I am really not sure how I ever came to that conclusion actually now.  I was being a little hyperbolic but I really did think it happened with some kind of like laser or something, I didn't think he literally shot him in the wang it was just an awesome way to phrase getting some ones DNA lasered into you.  But the fact it was a shot....man the years have not been kind to my memory.  I also didn't think it was as casual as just a shot.  Oh well, I still like my idea better. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 03:18:56 AM »
Alright lazy peoples, I found it in Netflix. It was a flu shot in the arm. "The father thought he was getting a flu shot. Actually, it was a nano-tech solution programmed to rewrite his reproductive material into an exact copy of Bruce Wayne's." So there; no wang lazering.

So you're saying you don't think the nanobots had wang lasers? That sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 03:41:22 AM »
So you're saying you don't think the nanobots had wang lasers? That sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

At least now we know there's at least one person waiting for that gritty reboot of Fantastic Voyage.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
At least now we know there's at least one person waiting for that gritty reboot of Fantastic Voyage.

I thought Innerspace was the gritty reboot of Fantastic Voyage.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2016, 04:32:17 AM »

That's what I'm saying, DNA Changing Flu Shot?  That's just ludicrous

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2016, 07:31:39 PM »