Author Topic: Can't NCSoft release it as a singleplayer?  (Read 11914 times)

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
Re: Can't NCSoft release it as a singleplayer?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 08:10:43 PM »
$80 Million does sound very high.

Iirc, if you want to assign a value to intellectual property, it's supposed to be the present value of the anticipated future earnings.

IMO, CoH/V had value the day before they announced it would close, and I think it would have dropped like a stone after that. The more resistant they are to reviving, reusing, or re-purposing it, the less value it has. I'll grant that people grossly over-estimate the value of IP all the time, but there's only so much of that people can get away with.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: Can't NCSoft release it as a singleplayer?
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »
If a local p2p micro server version can be achieved...that would be enough for me.

Just to have mobs milling around would give it the breath of life it once had.

I could never team up with more than 8 people at a time and usually played with a handful of people I knew for its 8 years plus...  So it's unnecessary for me to see thousands of players online.  I'd get to be a rather unique hero rather than one of many.  An Unreal LAN capability would suffice for me.  Clustering the 'rump' of the CoH community together through micro servers.

Being able to run my own micro server for a team of players who I used to team with would be more than enough.

As for content.  Tools to script our own missions and for them to be easily shareable would be great so would could craft our own tailor made 'Sun Storm' story arcs.

That's it.

I guess there's a bit of work to do before then.  But I look at Nostralius (the WoW 'vanilla' server...) and see hope when the community of MMO players band together.

Azrael.