Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0.5  (Read 15880 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Paragon Chat 1.0.5
« on: August 29, 2016, 09:56:28 PM »
How to get Paragon Chat

If you already have an older version of Paragon Chat, simply run it and let the auto-updater do its thing. You just need to have the update setting on anything other than "Never check".

If you're starting fresh, download the installer here:

Download

That program will download and install the latest version of Paragon Chat. You can delete the bootstrap file when it's done.

Patch notes for version 1.0.5
Update branch: Release
Release date: 29 Aug 2016

General
  • It is now possible to invite other players to teams. The usual commands work for this. You can also invite by global name using the normal @global syntax.

NOTE: If a player is in a different zone and you have not seen them yet, you may not be able to invite by character name due to XMPP not having any kind of global visibility of that information. You can always invite by global name.

• XMPP processing is suspended while moving between zones. This should prevent chat messages from being lost while at loading screens.
UI
  • The client will not automatically log out players who are AFK. Task force mode is no longer needed as a workaround to disable the auto-AFK feature.
Updater
  • The supplemental client data file now has a version check to ensure that the client data is kept in sync with new Paragon Chat features.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:39:57 PM by Codewalker »

Kawless

• Minion
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.5
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work and continuing support, Codewalker.
We really appreciate it.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:10 AM »
So, this cant be run without having I24 COH client already installed?   This is a new system I bought since COH was shut down.  Guess I'm out of luck. :(
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »

Streetwise Hercules

• Paragon Press Swimsuit Edition 2016
  • Underling
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
Yay! You people are amazing!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »
I finally managed to test the team feature. ;)

There were a few mighty fine heroes standing around Ms. Liberty and I got a team invite.  I accepted the invite, of course. :D

I tested it 'out of zone' (went to Steel Canyon care of the trams..!)  It still worked.  I was still part of team, still see chat with the team bars silhouetted for those heroes in 'another zone' to me.  Just as I remember it.  It seemed rock solid.

The 'little green triangles' worked on the map monocle.  :D  Nice to be able to see/know where people are in a given zone and easier to meet up and chat.  It's surprising how 'orientating' the 'team' feature is when working with other 'heroes'/players.  Certainly missed it and not having it felt strange.  It creates a greater feeling of 'togetherness.'

The team chat 'beep' works great.  (I really like team chat beeps and backspace beeps in private tells...  It's those little things I fondly remember for some strange reason...)

I did have an issue with my 'honoury' duo partner not being able to 'join team' because they were running a much earlier patch!  That's just a matter of them updating, I guess.

So, teaming.  A fundamental quality of life feature from CoH.  It was central to everything fun in being with other 'heroes' online.

It's great to have teaming back.  It felt like a pivotal feature on the road map to me.  It's a significant moment in Paragon Chat's development to have that keystone of CoH 'back.'

It put a big smile on my face.

Well done.

Azrael.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:23:56 PM by Azrael »

Myriade

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »
This is an awesome tool. Thanks again. There's no word for sharing how grateful I am this thing exists. Keep up the good work.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 10:33:28 PM »
Many thanks for the update and all the hard work :)

Destructaur

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
I was one of those fine heroes around Ms Liberty at the time!

It was only my first or second day back in Paragon since the shut-down since I had literally just learned of this project.  As such, I would like to take this time to say thank you for all the excellent work.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 03:59:26 PM »
Teaming:
I've noticed a few times that if I have Chat Tab 4 open when I 'Invite to Team', the invite will go through and be accepted, but the Team popup will not appear.
I use Tab 4 to hold PChat and caperadio, so it is open most of the time.  The times I have closed Tab 4 before I invite I have always been able to see the Team popup.

Spinomania

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »
this one is Windows only ? is there a Mac version ?

nukem01

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
Just tried to download the installer and windows has marked it as malware.
Trojan:Win32/Varpes.M!cl.  :'(

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
Just tried to download the installer and windows has marked it as malware.
Trojan:Win32/Varpes.M!cl.  :'(

It's a false positive. Just add it to your exclusions and move on.

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 12:41:55 AM »
Woo!  TEAMS Chat & TEAM Reticle!  This is exactly what I've been waiting for to jump back into PChat.  Thank you!