Author Topic: Please Help: I Need -Your- Heroes! (for outside roleplay game)  (Read 3948 times)

VileTerror

• Underling
Please Help: I Need -Your- Heroes! (for outside roleplay game)
« on: September 09, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »
Oyllo there!

So, I've been steadily working on a roleplaying experience for a tight-knit group of mine for the past couple of months.  A City of Heroes roleplaying experience, in fact.  I've utilized the macro capacity of the Maptool software to essentially program a tribute to City of Heroes.  There are some rather significant changes, but I've tried to retain that special brand of Control and Status Effect -focused combat, while also introducing deeper roleplay-enabling rules (such as non-combat Skills, a Public Relations system, and a Rating system to determine just how well a Hero or Villain stacks up against another).

All in all, things have gone fairly well, and I think it's a fitting tribute to City of Heroes that my  macros can be described as "spaghetti code" (imitation and flattery and all that).  Things aren't 100% just yet, but it is playable.  I'd say I'm in the pre-beta alpha phase, if this were to be a video game (which, with the macros, it almost sorta is).

BUT HERE IS WHERE YOU COME IN!
To help flesh out the setting, and to make my Paragon City /really/ feel like a _CITY_ of Heroes, I would like to ask for some help from you folks!

I want your Heroes!  And Villains!  And Rogues and Vigilantes.   And maybe Contacts too.  And hell, just about any sort of input you want to give for content.
But mostly your Heroes!  At least for the first few sessions.

The information that I would need:
 - Heroing Alias/Name (alter-egos are welcome too, if applicable)
 - Origin (standard 5 from City of Heroes)
 - Archetype (or, since my new system is more flexible than that, choose a Primary, and/or a Secondary, and/or a Tertiary Set.  So, yeah, you could go Energy Manipulation Primary, Mind Control Secondary, and Mercenaries Tertiary.  Or you could go with a pure Empathy Primary Set, no Secondary or Tertiary.  Feel free to get crazy there!)
 - ParagonChat/Titan Icon .costume file (or some art or photo that I can use to make a "token" of your character)
 - Motivation (what compels your Hero to be a Hero?)
 - Personal Goal (what do they hope to accomplish?)
 - Background Info (please try to keep this under 1024 characters in length)

Please understand that I can't make any promises to use your character concepts the way you may anticipate them being used.  I will _not_ redistribute or sell these character concepts, but I can't make any promises that my players won't retain and reiterate the content.  If your character is "your baby," then it might be advisable for you to come up with different character ideas to submit to me.

Please, feel free to make up as many Heroes as you want (or Villains, Rogues, Vigilantes, Contacts, etc.).  You can submit them here in this thread, or send them to me via private messages here in this forum, or even email them to my gmail account.

Thank you all for your interest and participation in this, and Long Live City of Heroes!

(editted for spelling)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:41:26 AM by VileTerror »

Twister1245

• Underling
Re: Please Help: I Need -Your- Heroes! (for outside roleplay game)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:57:25 AM »
Hey there, I'm one of the players for this campaign and I was asked to pop in and describe my character!

So the character I'll be playing is Alexis Agent, a 14 year old magic-origin witch that goes by the hero name Mind Blower (She was raised in a small town that didn't really have any memes and what not so to her the names totally fine)

Alexis is a Mind Control / Elemental Assault character who was raised in a small town as the daughter of a police officer that hated all forms of mutants, magic, and the like. After she accidentally showed her father that she had some powers she ran away to Paragon city where she felt like she would fit in and prove to herself and her dad that being different doesn't mean being wrong or evil.

So the young Agent's goals include getting used to her powers and becoming the best she can be, making friends and having Paragon city become a true home, and proving that she's useful and good.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14264896_1125772350802133_3812354419701203672_n.jpg?oh=c4dc256626f21d5ee18ed0e1a595fdca&oe=583900D1

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:57:55 AM »
Feel free to drop over to www.cccpgroup.us and check out the Duty Roster pages and borrow at will.  Everything you want is laid out there, and there's lots of backstory/frontstory fiction you can borrow too.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

VileTerror

• Underling
Many thanks!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 01:08:22 AM »
Thanks, Twister.
And you know . . . hearing it now, Twister, your concept almost sounds perverted, if not for the fact that I know you're much too innocent for that!  (I kid!)
The link Twister provided there is an illustration of the character in question, as done by one of my other players (Kara).  She's generously donating illustrations of all my players' characters so they can all have tokens with matching style.
She might even take commissions!

Thank you, Victoria!
And say, don't I know you from the . . . RPC?  I think that's what it was called.  Pinnacle server roleplay group.

Warlord5

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 02:35:17 AM »
Insectus Loose
Natural Origin Hero
Archery/Devices Blaster

An winged alien warrior who crash landed on Earth after fleeing her planet when it was conquered by an overwhelmingly powerful enemy.  Decided to become a hero to hone her skills and recruit powerful allies to one day return and retake her world.  Her species naturally produces an incredibly light but strong resin which she uses to form her arrows, as well as a variety of chemicals which she uses on her arrows to enhance their effects (this covers the different types of arrows you can use with the Archery powerset).  She has also learned to use Earths technology, adding mines and remote drones to her arsenal as well as an enhanced vision system built into a monocle she wears in battle (covering Devices).  She recently joined Vangaurd to test her new skills against the Rikti, reasoning that if she can become strong enough to beat them she might one day have a chance against the invaders. 

SOLO XVIIA - XVIIE
Technology Origin Heros
Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster, Forcefield/Energy Defender, Gravity Control/Sonic Resonance Controller, Super Strength/Invulnerability Tanker, Broadsword/Super Reflexes Scrapper

The SOLO project was a joint Crey/PPD operation originally designed to produce a general purpose android for disaster relief and law enforcement.  However Crey secretly sabotaged the project then stole the design and used it as a base for a series of military droids intended for wetwork and black operations.  They were equipped with the finest technology Creys money could buy, giving them abilities on par with most superhumans.  However the initial protoype was equipped with an experimental AI matrix which malfunctioned and developed an almost human personality whilest retaining his original directives to help those in need.  Realising that what they would be programmed to do as soldiers would effectively turn them into nothing more than cold blooded assassins he broke out of storage, copied his matrix into the other units and then together they escaped from Creys research facility into the Paragon City Underground.   

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 04:05:40 AM »
Ok,ok, ok.  Yes.  You can use Super Fire Dragon

Name: Super Fire Dragon (duh)
Gender/Sex: Male
Orientation: into female dragons
Origin: Magic
Archetype: Tanker
Primary: Willpower
Secondary: Fire
Epic: Fire
Incarnate: Fire

Personality: Silly and playful when not in battle
Back-story: Well, I never really got around to that.  His likes cheese.  And tries to avoid work by calming that his doctor told him to take it easy.  Also, he is wealthy.  The endorsement of "Super Fire Dragon Crunch" cerial nets $2 million annually.

Description: 4 foot tall golden dragon with wings and a tail
Costume: Dragon skin
               Dress Shirt and Black tie (no pants)
               Blue Toga with gold trim
               Red Boxing Gloves, Trunks and Boots
               (all costumes have wings, boxer doesn't have tail)

Battlecry: I think they're over there!
Defect: Doesn't understand the human concept of numbers or math (thinks 11-d-12 is a number)

Is that enough information?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:36:49 AM by Paragon Avenger »

VileTerror

• Underling
Little by Little rebuilding a City
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
Thank you Warlord5 and Paragon Avenger!  Those are what I'm looking for.
Do you happen to have their costume files which you can email to me?  Or perhaps some drawings/photos you can post to the forum here?  T'would be handy.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 03:58:55 AM »
Yes, Vile Terror, I ran CCCP on Pinnacle and had several characters in other RPC Congress groups.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Warlord5

• Underling
Re: Little by Little rebuilding a City
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »
Thank you Warlord5 and Paragon Avenger!  Those are what I'm looking for.
Do you happen to have their costume files which you can email to me?  Or perhaps some drawings/photos you can post to the forum here?  T'would be handy.

Unfortunately no, I never really bothered keeping stuff like that, I wish I had now.  I can at least try to describe them a bit better.

The SOLOs look a lot like these robots from RWBY, http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Atlesian_Knight-200, but have a more segmented styling on the armour.  They all have the same basic body design and the main way to tell them apart is from their equipment or their heads, each one has a different historical helmet as a base.

The Blaster carries a rifle which is basically the FN 2000 with more techy details and has a backpack containing a nanite based manufacturing unit capable of producing any varient munitions he needs as well as mounting a launch/landing point for his drones. His head is based on a 16th century Bassinet helmet.

The Defender has twin projecters for its forcefields mounted on his shoulders and the discharge units for the energy blasts are built into his wrists, making him look like he's wearing oversized gauntlets.  His head is based on the medieval Great Helm.

The Scrapper has a very sleek, streamlined look as well as miniature manouvering jets built into various parts of his body which give him his increased speed and reflexes (think the elbow rocket from Pacific Rim as an example).  The sword he carries is basically the COH Tech broadsword skin and his head is based on a greek hoplite helmet including the crest.

The Controllers torso is bulky and a bit oversized compared to the rest of his body due to containing the generator that powers his gravity abilities, which are channeled through a focusing unit mounted on his chest.   His head is based on a Japanese suji bachi Kabuto, the crest was originally the Crey company emblem but he tore it off after the escape so now its just a broken edge, with attached mengu. The helmets winglike projections contain the speakers that give him his sonic powers.

The Tanker has massively reinforced internals, multiple redundant systems and thick ablative armour, which makes him look both taller and broader than the others, as well as additional hydraulics built into his arms and legs to increase his strength. His head is based on a Barbute helmet.

Insectus is more your standard insect based humanoid monster girl.  She stands about 6'5" and has Dragonfly style insect wings, digitigrade legs with two toes, grey skin and dark blue chitinous armour over most of her body.  In combat she simply wears a tactical rig for carrying mines and replacement parts for her drones but off duty she has developed a fondness for tshirts, wigs (her species is naturally bald but she finds hair fascinating) and hats, mainly choosing geometric designs in white, royal blue and/or grey.  Her bow and arrows are formed from her own resin and look like dark blue polished amber.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »

Here's one:
-
Heroing Alias/Name: Doctor Malthusian
Origin: Natural - Archetype: Defender, Dark Miasma/Sonic or Ice Blast (depending on server/version)
ParagonChat/Titan Icon .costume file (or some art or photo that I can use to make a "token" of your character): See above. i can also pull the file if need be.
Motivation: Curiosity/Boredom/Guilt, possibly somewhat insane by human (or most) standards partially due to age and origin. Interested in protecting/encouraging anything sapient or interesting.
Personal Goal: To learn about the things that make this world interesting and encourage the development of those aspects.
Background Info: Doctor Malthusian is originally a scientist/engineer/technologist from a dimension where the Earth analogue's main sapient species was derived from therapods, not mammals. This was somewhere between millenia and decades ago (it's complicated) and she has significantly altered and augmented her physiology since then. In temperament she's much like Hakubi Washu from Tenchi Muyo with a little Doctor Dinosaur from Atomic Robo thrown in.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tenchi_Muyo!_characters#Washu_Hakubi

https://twitter.com/dr_dinosaur?lang=en

The first version of Doctor Malthusian was a Dark/Ice Defender. Then there was the Dark/Sonic version that only hit 36 around the time of CoH shutting down. If the game came back there's a pretty good chance that the good doctor's latest incarnation would be a Gravity/Dark Controller or Dark/Water Blast (maybe Beam Rifle) Defender. Nonstandard power set choices would be Darkness/Traps Controller.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:55:45 PM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

VileTerror

• Underling
I figured there would be more heroes.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
Thanks, Nyx Nought Nothing.

Does anyone know if there were any other hero character repositories still around online?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 03:45:15 AM »
Well much to my shock and amazement the Restore Paragon Congress Wiki still exists.

Heroes

http://4-thirty-5.com/rpc//wiki/index.php?title=Category:Heroes

Villians

http://4-thirty-5.com/rpc//wiki/index.php?title=Category:Villains

Other
http://4-thirty-5.com/rpc//wiki/index.php?title=Category:Supporting_Cast

Now a fair number of those entries are blank, but there is still some stuff to be gleaned.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 08:52:03 PM »
Ouroboros Portal is still around, too.

You're welcome to use my creations, although I still haven't gotten around to write everything down (and adjust the gamma of the older screenshots).

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 11:21:23 PM »
Here's the costumne file for SFD's boxer costume:

Code: [Select]
{
Scale -33
BoneScale 1
ShoulderScale 0.503
ChestScale 0.748
WaistScale 0.322
HipScale 0.5
LegScale -0.1
HeadScales  0,  0,  0
BrowScales  0,  0,  0
CheekScales  0,  0,  0
ChinScales  0,  0,  0
CraniumScales  0,  0,  0
JawScales  0,  0,  0
NoseScales  0,  0,  0
SkinColor  254,  250,  0
NumParts 28
CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_PANTS.GEO/GEO_Hips_Skirt
Texture1 !Hips_V_Skin_Bare_01
Texture2 !Hips_V_Skin_Bare_01_Dual
DisplayName P4139188627
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Kilts
Color1  255,  253,  0
Color2  255,  253,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry Tight
Texture1 !X_Skin_V_Chest_Reptillian_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P566009771
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  255,  253,  0
Color2  255,  253,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_Head.GEO/GEO_Head_V_Monstrous_06
Texture1 !X_Skin_V_Monstrous_Reptile_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P687117166
RegionName Head
BodySetName Monstrous
Color1  255,  253,  0
Color2  255,  253,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_GLOVE.GEO/GEO_Larm*_Boxing_01
Texture1 !Glove_V_Boxing_01
Texture2 !Glove_V_Boxing_01_Mask
DisplayName P3937616722
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  212,  0,  0
Color2  255,  255,  255
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_BOOT.GEO/GEO_Lleg*_Boxer_Boot
Texture1 !Boot_V_Boxer_01
Texture2 !Boot_V_Boxer_01_Mask
DisplayName P2104750136
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Kilts
Color1  212,  0,  0
Color2  255,  255,  255
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P177456852
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_Hair.GEO/GEO_Hair_Ears_Short
Texture1 !X_V_Skin_Hair_Monstrous_Ear_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P1848153390
RegionName Head
BodySetName Monstrous
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2281134661
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P772741860
RegionName "Upper Body"
BodySetName Tight
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx GENERIC/FX_wings_ANGEL.fx
Geometry none
Texture1 !X_Wings_Angel_01
Texture2 none
DisplayName P2318333026
RegionName Capes
BodySetName Wings
Color1  255,  253,  0
Color2  255,  253,  0
Color3  255,  253,  0
Color4  255,  253,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry V_MALE_SKIRT.GEO/GEO_Skirt_Boxer_01
Texture1 !Hips_V_Boxer_01
Texture2 !Hips_V_Boxer_01_Mask
DisplayName P3678544962
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Kilts
Color1  212,  0,  0
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Fx none
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Geometry none
Texture1 none
Texture2 none
DisplayName P546439883
RegionName "Lower Body"
BodySetName Kilts
Color1  31,  31,  31
Color2  227,  227,  227
Color3  31,  31,  31
Color4  227,  227,  227
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

CostumePart ""
{
Color1  0,  0,  0
Color2  0,  0,  0
Color3  0,  0,  0
Color4  0,  0,  0
}

}

Well, it's supposed to be.

VileTerror

• Underling
Heroes Acquired!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 12:28:36 AM »
Awesome stuff all around; thank you all so much!

First three sessions of the campaign went well enough, although I learnt a valuable lesson about myself:  11 players is too many for me to handle.  I'm dividing the players in to two groups and planning to run sessions for the two groups separately (with the potential possibility of everyone doing big-scale team-ups for Task Forces in the future, like on long-weekends or other scheduling-friendly occasions).

That does open up a slot for anyone interested in balancing out the two teams' numbers.  A Hero with healing, buffing, and/or debuffing would be extra welcome.