Author Topic: Asgard - A new comic on KS  (Read 1867 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Asgard - A new comic on KS
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
Howdy folks! I just heard about this new comic book over on Kickstarter, and thought I'd share it. It's called "Asgard", from Ben Jones. It's a sci-fi setting centered on a war between the gods, the ultimate conclusion of which is set to play out here on Earth.

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1314997931/asgard-chapter-1

He goes into more detail in an interview, which you can listen to here (first entry on the page).

I think my favorite part was where he mentioned that Loki is going to be somewhat of a "Han Solo" type character. Not a villain, the way Marvel depicts him, but more of a rogue - capable of affecting the outcome, but he has his own agenda rather than picking a side.

The campaign has about 48 hours left as of this post - but not to worry, it's already fully funded. He's just trying to push it to one last stretch goal, so that he doesn't have to cut anything from this first issue. He's almost reached it already, and if he does the book will be nearly 60 pages long.

Feel free to share it around anyway, he said in the interview that anything over the goal for this book is going straight toward the second chapter.