Author Topic: I am back :(  (Read 11975 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
I am back :(
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
Well, I am back to playing champions, I need my superhero fix; and at the moment, this is the only one that does. (At least till City of. comes back. I have noticed a few things from my return, such as there are now stairs in Mil. City. As well as more buildings, these has helped a bit for me to come back and play. Side note, it seems as though the enemy has improved a small bit, which is also a good thing.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: I am back :(
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:16:52 AM »
Why the unhappy face?

There weren't stairs in MC before?

The buildings and stairs make the game better...??

SO many questions!

: )

I was going to play CO this week because I didn't have enough Internet to play STO but I got ninja'd so I couldn't even do that.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:32:21 AM »
Why the unhappy face?

There weren't stairs in MC before?

The buildings and stairs make the game better...??

SO many questions!

I was going to play CO this week because I didn't have enough Internet to play STO but I got ninja'd so I couldn't even do that.
Well, you could guess why for the sad face.  Back when I played the stairs were not as defined as they are now. There were also not as many buildings. Just for me it makes the game seem a bit more alive.
You can ask any amount of questions :)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 05:49:27 AM »
If only the art style didn't make my eyes bleed.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »
I logged in and made a new character just to goof around with. No sub means most of my characters are locked and I don't feel like doing anything about it. CO is not really capturing my attention. I like playing with the costume creator, but the game itself just make me want to play CoX. I've been having a lot of that lately which is why I logged in to CO at all. If I have time this weekend I might hop on for a bit, but then again I might not.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
I still havent gotten over all the bad things which happened to CO, and recently a gaslighting troll, well, wasted my time on youtube a few weeks ago(on the day i started my new job in fact).  I am not ready to give it another go.  Not with CO's trolls still stalking and lying constantly about CoX players.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 04:18:42 PM »
I still havent gotten over all the bad things which happened to CO, and recently a gaslighting troll, well, wasted my time on youtube a few weeks ago(on the day i started my new job in fact).  I am not ready to give it another go.  Not with CO's trolls still stalking and lying constantly about CoX players.
I get that Alex :), what I do is just disable the broadcast part of chat and just talk to my friends if they are on. Mostly, I just stick to myself. I do have to say the only time I really engage the community is if I have a question and my friends are not online. Just last week I asked which controllable pet was the best, and I did not get an answer, since I said I was making a mastermind-esk character. There were some trolls, but there were some good advice.
Still though I have not really gotten an answer for my question though, so far I have attack toys, the angel, the attack bots, and drones. I am trying to go very slowly so I can get the permanent twins sidekick, which would make this character complete.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
I get that Alex :), what I do is just disable the broadcast part of chat and just talk to my friends if they are on. Mostly, I just stick to myself. I do have to say the only time I really engage the community is if I have a question and my friends are not online. Just last week I asked which controllable pet was the best, and I did not get an answer, since I said I was making a mastermind-esk character. There were some trolls, but there were some good advice.
Still though I have not really gotten an answer for my question though, so far I have attack toys, the angel, the attack bots, and drones. I am trying to go very slowly so I can get the permanent twins sidekick, which would make this character complete.

The person didn't troll me in CO zone chat, but youtube.  You might have seen it, the video "Top 10 failed mmorpgs", I had some responses to Silverspar, the prick was clearly gaslighting me accusing me of putting words in her mouth, in reality she was the one calling everyone in the particular line of posts liars.

CO community doesn't leave anyone alone outside there own game, so it thus turns me off from ever interacting with them or playing there game, other than logging in occasionally to see how poorly there population is deservedly doing.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
The person didn't troll me in CO zone chat, but youtube.  You might have seen it, the video "Top 10 failed mmorpgs", I had some responses to Silverspar, the prick was clearly gaslighting me accusing me of putting words in her mouth, in reality she was the one calling everyone in the particular line of posts liars.

CO community doesn't leave anyone alone outside there own game, so it thus turns me off from ever interacting with them or playing there game, other than logging in occasionally to see how poorly there population is deservedly doing.
For your second part, I get what you are saying :). I have seen that video, and have seen people saying just because City of. is not live anymore is a failure, to me that is wrong, it survived 7 years; and hopefully when it comes back will have many more years.
There are some good people that play, such as Xev and Brou.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »
For your second part, I get what you are saying :). I have seen that video, and have seen people saying just because City of. is not live anymore is a failure, to me that is wrong, it survived 7 years; and hopefully when it comes back will have many more years.
There are some good people that play, such as Xev and Brou.

Aye, that I understand and I'm willing to speak with them.  I honestly just need some time before I consider playing again.  I was burned out as it was, and the latest changes were at best discouraging for me.  The new content isn't anything I'm interested in either, as it's magic magic magic, sadly I'm not someone who roleplays magic characters and I tired of the endless stream of magical mary sues in CO running around.

These days if I played it, I wouldn't be roleplaying in the game anymore.  I'd play it for a few weeks at best before returning to paragon chat for roleplaying.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »
Aye, that I understand and I'm willing to speak with them.  I honestly just need some time before I consider playing again.  I was burned out as it was, and the latest changes were at best discouraging for me.  The new content isn't anything I'm interested in either, as it's magic magic magic, sadly I'm not someone who roleplays magic characters and I tired of the endless stream of magical mary sues in CO running around.

These days if I played it, I wouldn't be roleplaying in the game anymore.  I'd play it for a few weeks at best before returning to paragon chat for roleplaying.
That is very true, it took me 3 years to play again, and that was because I need my superhero fix. Watching YouTube lets plays of City of. while fun is aggravating to say the least, due to me wanting to play.
I do wish my laptop would let me to upload Paragon-chat, but I cannot take the risk of something coming in if I bring down my anti-virus :(

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 07:51:30 PM »

The same thing is happening to me as well now, I like a nice debate, however, when someone lies about me, this time, it is "and so far you've not provided one plausible answer other than the stand by that NCSoft hates America, which is a pretty stupid reasoning." As you could read by any of my responses, I have never eluded to it.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 10:46:21 PM »
Thanks for saying nice stuff about me. ^

I have CO burnout too.

I was not only having fun playing CO right up until I stopped playing it, but I was *relying* on it to have fun.. It was my go-to fun button and whenever I pushed it, fun ensued.

It was the nerfs that got me. They managed to break one of my longest running go-to fun buttons ever.

I think I never played a game so much, the same content over and over, and never got tired of it. Better yet, I was trying to shave off a millisecond of how fast it was to finish an Alurt here, and gain a fraction of some dps there. Still trying to get better at Custom Alurts and gear and I was checking my parse logs with pride.

Just a week before I stopped playing I was having the CO time of my life. I *finally* put a new Electricity build together that I really like, just got a DUC for my beloved Fire build.. Jooc and Senge were back! And I was pumped! Force was going to be my next target. Another *finally* build.

I was relying on CO to be my escape. In CO's defense, I was relying on it heavily. It was doing a great job and then the nerfs just ruined it for me. They just wouldn't stop with them. It felt like as soon as I got over one nerf I had to swallow another and it was making me mad to log on to every new one. Finally I got what felt like hit below the belt one time too many and I was like "hey, this is stupid". To keep playing, that is. Because my fun button had been replaced with a ... not fun button.

That, and, I very simply was Bored/Tired of rerolling/rethinking my dps themes which is what was taking more and more of my playtime.

Anyway, yeah. I have burnout too. Last time I logged on I had that definite burnout feeling.

Oh well.

I still like reading and talking about CO. I still like the game.

If I had better Internet I'd probably play more. I feel bad I don't log in once in awhile to help fill up some teams when I see people lfm when I'm in STO.

Oh yeah.....! So, why the unhappy face?? You aren't glad to be back? CO just isn't your thing?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
Thanks for saying nice stuff about me. ^

I have CO burnout too.

I was not only having fun playing CO right up until I stopped playing it, but I was *relying* on it to have fun.. It was my go-to fun button and whenever I pushed it, fun ensued.

It was the nerfs that got me. They managed to break one of my longest running go-to fun buttons ever.

I think I never played a game so much, the same content over and over, and never got tired of it. Better yet, I was trying to shave off a millisecond of how fast it was to finish an Alurt here, and gain a fraction of some dps there. Still trying to get better at Custom Alurts and gear and I was checking my parse logs with pride.

Just a week before I stopped playing I was having the CO time of my life. I *finally* put a new Electricity build together that I really like, just got a DUC for my beloved Fire build.. Jooc and Senge were back! And I was pumped! Force was going to be my next target. Another *finally* build.

I was relying on CO to be my escape. In CO's defense, I was relying on it heavily. It was doing a great job and then the nerfs just ruined it for me. They just wouldn't stop with them. It felt like as soon as I got over one nerf I had to swallow another and it was making me mad to log on to every new one. Finally I got what felt like hit below the belt one time too many and I was like "hey, this is stupid". To keep playing, that is. Because my fun button had been replaced with a ... not fun button.

That, and, I very simply was Bored/Tired of rerolling/rethinking my dps themes which is what was taking more and more of my playtime.

Anyway, yeah. I have burnout too. Last time I logged on I had that definite burnout feeling.

Oh well.

I still like reading and talking about CO. I still like the game.

If I had better Internet I'd probably play more. I feel bad I don't log in once in awhile to help fill up some teams when I see people lfm when I'm in STO.

Oh yeah.....! So, why the unhappy face?? You aren't glad to be back? CO just isn't your thing?
YW Xev :), Well to be blunt City of. is not back yet, and I would rather play that. However, with the games that are out such as Co and DCU, I would rather play co, due to me not liking the click 5 times right button, 4 times left button, pull off a dance, to activate a power. I am glad I can team with my City of. friends whenever, we are on at the same time, i like that the environment has gotten a bit better. When I was in CB phase 2, I was addicted to what was being offered at that time, even bought a lifetime. Now over the course I have realized that I should have stayed with City of. but I was too angry with the direction it was heading. And this at the moment is my rented home, until I can get back into TSW. So in a way, CO is my thing due to being a superhero game, on the other side it is a painful reminder of the mistake I made in 2011. and having issues the self promoted "forum cartel" has ruined any kind of enjoyment I could have. So in that it is not my thing. I would like to login and have the type of fun and excitement that I had in the first year and most of the second.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 12:55:39 AM »
I learned to avoid Silverspar all the way back on Vitrue maybe 9-10 years ago. Something like that. I've bumped into them over the years on forums or whatever and nothing seems to have changed. With some people the best approach to take is not to engage or acknowledge them at all if you can avoid it.

EDIT: I poked it with a stick because I am a childish person.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:12:02 AM by Castegyre »

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:53 AM »
I learned to avoid Silverspar all the way back on Vitrue maybe 9-10 years ago. Something like that. I've bumped into them over the years on forums or whatever and nothing seems to have changed. With some people the best approach to take is not to engage or acknowledge them at all if you can avoid it.

EDIT: I poked it with a stick because I am a childish person.
This is very true, I never knew this person until I ran head first with them on the co boards. After a few exchanges I started to feel as if Silver was either ignorant, and did not care what anyone else had to say. Which lead to them outright lying about me. Then what happened earlier today taught me, to just ignore anyone with Silverspar in their name.
Who ever this person is, is responsible for running off many great posters who were trying to help improve co. Honest question Castegyre, has this person always been this ignorant?
Anyone who wants to see the exchange can look at this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciZoOKWWYg, look for a post with phoenixPslence.
Back to topic, I do enjoy having the twins, I am trying to go vary slowly, so I can have them as my "boss" level pets for my mastermind :)

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:07 AM »
This is very true, I never knew this person until I ran head first with them on the co boards. After a few exchanges I started to feel as if Silver was either ignorant, and did not care what anyone else had to say. Which lead to them outright lying about me. Then what happened earlier today taught me, to just ignore anyone with Silverspar in their name.
Who ever this person is, is responsible for running off many great posters who were trying to help improve co. Honest question Castegyre, has this person always been this ignorant?
Anyone who wants to see the exchange can look at this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciZoOKWWYg, look for a post with phoenixPslence.
Back to topic, I do enjoy having the twins, I am trying to go vary slowly, so I can have them as my "boss" level pets for my mastermind :)

I would say they're exceptionally arrogant. Anything that goes against their opinions or narrative they seem to feel a compulsion to tear down. Yes, for as long as I've been aware of them they have been that way. I first became aware of them I believe when CoV was beta in some discussions there. Later my wife, myself, and a couple of people we hung out with on Virtue all had similar run-ins with them. They all ended badly with Silverspar basically trying to impose themselves on others. I've avoided them successfully in CO, but I've run into them in other places like the pre-launch forums for SWTOR. It's never ended well.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 02:02:29 AM »
I would say they're exceptionally arrogant. Anything that goes against their opinions or narrative they seem to feel a compulsion to tear down. Yes, for as long as I've been aware of them they have been that way. I first became aware of them I believe when CoV was beta in some discussions there. Later my wife, myself, and a couple of people we hung out with on Virtue all had similar run-ins with them. They all ended badly with Silverspar basically trying to impose themselves on others. I've avoided them successfully in CO, but I've run into them in other places like the pre-launch forums for SWTOR. It's never ended well.
Thank you for answering my question :), Very true, people should stay far away from Silverspar. Never knew the extent how far that person would go, to belittle someone and say the person who offers a point of view they might not share as, being wrong in some way.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 03:02:39 AM »
If silverspar has been this way for that long, I guess whoever they must be must be a narcissist from everyones description and what happened.

I guess we can all agree that it's indeed, best to avoid a true troll and never give them the attention they crave.  So....

.....Lets talk of the positive about CO yes?

*Raises an imaginary glass for an imaginary toast*

To Xev, the man who can look past the issues.

To Brou who can always brighten the mood of everyone :).

To the friends new and old, of those not tainted by the evils of the old community.

Maybe in a few weeks, I'll give CO another shot for a short time.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:14 PM »
LA that is a very nice compliment. It kinda surprised me. I have to do this every single day. What you said.

I can't imagine that I'll ever stop playing CO for as long as we're both around. I won't stop playing any games I luv. It's just not my first luv right now.

CO will always be my main or backup. CO is awesome. It has a good core playerbase that I was a bad boy and never really joined and then up and left. I always feel kinda bad about that. I didn't play CO to make friends I played it to escape. I have a fair amount of people in CO that I like as people and admire as players but I've always been kinda an outsider. My contribution to the CO community was probably more in the form of speeding queue's along.. hehe.

Silverspar sounds like a pretty good troll! Been going for this long and still gets a reaction from people... They must be pretty good at what they do.. lol. Some people have a REAL talent for it. I got trolled two days ago so bad... well, you wouldn't have said I was so nice if you heard the words very loudly coming out of my mouth. I failed to look past the issues on that one. Failed hard.

I never tried to make CO into CoH. I just wanted a new online game. I think I was as blown away as anyone but the people who had close friends in CoH when it shut down. I mean, I was pretty invested in it. But when it was gone I had to accept that.

For me, it was *amazing* that we had a game with *any* similarities at all to CoH and CO has more than a few.

When I first started playing I didn't know if I was going to like/be good at CO combat but ever since I mind melded with the CO combat system I've only gotten to like the game more and more. Until the nerfs got to me.

The game is good, I've just been waiting for the dust to settle before coming back. The only thing that concerns me is that as long as I have been playing CO they have been nerfing pretty hard - I just hadn't been playing long enough and never got too used to the things they were nerfing until now.

Meanwhile I seem to have contracted CO burnout and am also really getting into STO since awhile.

Well..and... ISP issues keep me from being able to patch both CO and STO so I stopped patching CO about a month ago or so.

I'll never stop playing CO as long as we're both around, tho. <3 CO.

*toasts*

Some Faves: