Author Topic: I am back :(  (Read 11973 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: I am back :(
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 10:05:33 PM »
You might get a little tingly feeling while playing in the new Qliphothic  Warzone(coming live soon).

Feels like a RWZ mothership run.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 03:50:56 PM »
You have been advertising RWZ mothership run promises since I started posting here, Brou!

Like it is the holy grail of CO or something  : p

hehe. You know I just tease.. Not that the point is invalid.... But I am just teasing. In a friendly manner.

My CO is patched btw... I even logged in and had an outer body experience there, yesterday. This is whole other story. Will just say for now, go go CO.  : )

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 01:40:45 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »
I was logging into CO the other day....

just to confirm that my ISP connection was ruined, for gaming. I'd already tried to log into STO and failed every time. Patches for both games took hours. I only patched them due to... why not. Before I wave goodbye.

So anyway, the CO patch finishes, and, as a formality, call it my tech blood, I log in just to confirm that I can't log in. But... I can! Not only can I, but, my connection seems ok. No, wait, it seems good. Let me run some Alurts... No, it seems to be Really good, and, upon running my second test Alurt, where I got boss agro until the last pixel like a pr0h even tho I hadn't even logged in for 59 days I received a ':)' from the first CO player I ever talked to.

So that was pretty cool.

So I am back, too! But, with a : D

Not playing so much until I figure out how to manage my data limits and STO's big patches. It's going to be hard to steal me away from STO for awhile but I'm sure glad I can still play CO when I want to. We all know what it's like to lose our Internet gaming, hmmmmm?
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 01:44:50 PM »
No Warzone teasers at all, huh...?

Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 06:11:03 PM »
I was logging into CO the other day....

just to confirm that my ISP connection was ruined, for gaming. I'd already tried to log into STO and failed every time. Patches for both games took hours. I only patched them due to... why not. Before I wave goodbye.

So anyway, the CO patch finishes, and, as a formality, call it my tech blood, I log in just to confirm that I can't log in. But... I can! Not only can I, but, my connection seems ok. No, wait, it seems good. Let me run some Alurts... No, it seems to be Really good, and, upon running my second test Alurt, where I got boss agro until the last pixel like a pr0h even tho I hadn't even logged in for 59 days I received a ':)' from the first CO player I ever talked to.

So that was pretty cool.

So I am back, too! But, with a : D

Not playing so much until I figure out how to manage my data limits and STO's big patches. It's going to be hard to steal me away from STO for awhile but I'm sure glad I can still play CO when I want to. We all know what it's like to lose our Internet gaming, hmmmmm?
Welcome back :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
Tyvm. I'm getting the twitch after logging in the other day to a nice connection. Still have to sort out my data limit problems.. Switching back to CO would fix them easy. But. I have like 6 more months, at least, of STO plans that I'm in the middle of.

So much to game.. So little data!

What would probably be smartest for me would be to only patch STO once or twice a month... But I don't play with the smart side of my brain!

Errr.

I mean..

*hears the collect sound of a thousand past teammates* "ahhhh, THAT explains it..."
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 12:46:31 AM »
The warzone is live, if you're wondering.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 04:21:28 AM »
The warzone is live, if you're wondering.

What I am wondering is why... why is it you know about the Sorcery update and Warzone and never even dropped a teaser here. This is what I was wondering the whole time I was running through Purple Andrith.

I'm also wondering why there was Zero interest in Warzone in /Rampagers. The channel that is supposed to be for new content devourers, as well as Rampages.

I've been wondering alright. Wondering... wondering.

I didn't have to wonder if Warzone was live, tho. I got an e-mail. From PWE.

Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:59 AM »
What I am wondering is why... why is it you know about the Sorcery update and Warzone and never even dropped a teaser here. This is what I was wondering the whole time I was running through Purple Andrith.

I'm also wondering why there was Zero interest in Warzone in /Rampagers. The channel that is supposed to be for new content devourers, as well as Rampages.

I've been wondering alright. Wondering... wondering.

I didn't have to wonder if Warzone was live, tho. I got an e-mail. From PWE.

Loose lips sink doggie ships.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »
Loose lips sink doggie ships.

This stuff went straight to Live without hitting the PTS first?

Hmmm...

I couldn't believe that the first major update to hit CO since at least... 4 years? was met with such an unspectacular welcome when I logged in last night. I mean, a whole new outdoor zone filled with level 45 mobs - two things never seen before since I started playing after CoH shutdown - and.... Nothing. No interest at all. There were only like 10 people even in Zone when I was there.

I mean.. at first I was like... DAMN I wish I wouldn't have just downloaded that STO update! Because I AM back! Something NEW! And high-end yummy. I was even halfway excited like a kid at Christmas eve. The first time I faceplanted I was like, YES! I actually have to think..

But then the only response to my excitement in Rampagers was ... 'Queue LI'. And then I go to Warzone and next to nothing is going on. And then I come here and get "Warzone is live, if you're wondering"

Oh, feeeeeel the excitement..

I actually went back and played STO... like an hour after I downloaded the largest update in CO's post CoH history. That's sad.

The loot is sad, too. Any group of mobs that can make me faceplant should drop more than loot that drops eeeeeeeverywhere.

Ball, dropped.

I will say, though.. CO could teach STO something about patching. STO can change the nail polish color on a green Orion slave girl NPC and it's a 600 meg download. CO just added a whole new zone and I downloaded like 100 meg.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 04:30:33 PM »
This was on PTS for many months.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 04:58:26 PM »
Which? The major Sorcery update or the entirely new zone? Both?

We're just finding out about them, here.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »
The stuff has been on PTS for a while as Brou said.

There was also a teaser about the new zone a few months back.

I've got several magic-themed toons I'm going to have to retcon now thanks to the magic changes. I have to decide which ones might be worth going for a more dps approach with the new powers.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 12:24:34 AM »
I'm just giving Brou a hard time because I know how long he's been.... 'haunting' this forum. And I also know he has a LOT of CO knowledge.

Some things I Think about Brou... He must really like the game. He must be pretty good at it. He must be up to date with what is going on with it.

I wouldn't *know* these things, though, because I have to guess. He only 'hauntingly' posts.

Rather than just 'haunt' us. Why not BE us...

You Are...

I'm just saying.

Ya know?

And now I finally let it go after... how many years. I hope you get it and I hope (hehe) KA does too. KA is good people. Too. He had the gloves off and was ready to go rounds for ya! As is his nature...  : )

By the way.. The Sorcery revamp, which has been sorely needed due to Sorcery could use all the help it could get, And, Warzone, did not make it to my e-mail. I've not been downloading updates for awhile so I didn't read it there either. I just found out about this stuff... Last night?

Anyway.

I'll probably try Purple Andrith again in just a little bit and will definitely be looking into rolling up a new Sorcery toon. I'm up for WZ teamage. Just tossing that out there.

Pretty close to 60 with my first STO Warbird, too... Geek Heaven weekend.

Sorry for giving you a hard time about wanting you around more, Brou. Last time, promised.

Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »
So, now I was able to get my perminate sk, great I thought. Wrong in practice, why, because it only HAS a 15 min charge. Before it was despawened and then suffers a 5 min recharge. To charge $15 for it is bulls#$%, this was suppose to be my final pet, such as a the boss pet for masterminds.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:45 PM »
You don't want your devices to be too good anyway, you know. Otherwise they'll make "The List".
Some Faves:

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 11:55:10 PM »
That is true, however, looking at the temp sks, they can be out for the duration of the item. I just don't see why the devs did not do this for something that cost much more money.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »
You must reeeeeead, Angel. (This is the Z-Store description they give you before you buy. The AE description is similar/same).

I just bought an electric skillet. It's Teflon coated and advertises all over the box that it's 7 times more durable than standard Teflon coated pans. I had the thing 2 weeks and I can't even cook an egg in it. I often wonder, what could be 7x worse than this.

Sometimes even when you read they get you.

----------

I dug up My CO ripoff. It didn't cost me any money and wasn't that big of a deal but... don't buy these. They don't work. Can't equip.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:44:23 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
You might get a little tingly feeling while playing in the new Qliphothic  Warzone(coming live soon).

Feels like a RWZ mothership run.

While Angel has me here... I must mention, QWZ does tingle me but it's nothing like RWZ to me except that it's a high level zone and has similar initials.
Some Faves: