Author Topic: Massively Article 9/22/16  (Read 2664 times)

duane

• Elite Boss
Massively Article 9/22/16
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »
Massivlely has always had a soft heart for COH and they wrote up another article.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/22/perfect-ten-my-favorite-memories-from-city-of-heroes/#respond

RybackStun

• Minion
  • NT-Flamer
Re: Massively Article 9/22/16
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »
The love for this game from outside sources will always amaze me. I never really expect people outside these forums and general CoH discussion places to gush about the game, but when it does happen it's a real treat.

"Running on power lines" That really got me in the HMs T_T

Just goes to show that this game wasn't/isn't like anything else on the market. I can't really think of any other game that has an audience this dedicated. Even WoW has people that come and go.
Missing this great game.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »
The love for this game from outside sources will always amaze me. I never really expect people outside these forums and general CoH discussion places to gush about the game, but when it does happen it's a real treat.

"Running on power lines" That really got me in the HMs T_T

Just goes to show that this game wasn't/isn't like anything else on the market. I can't really think of any other game that has an audience this dedicated. Even WoW has people that come and go.

Which makes it more puzzling why they closed it down they way they did.

CO is still going strong it seems and although I play it, to me it pales to COH. I only play it since it's one of the few Super Hero MMO's left. And I miss that. And compared to DCU and Marvel, its the one that at least 'feels' like COH.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:46:34 PM »
Yet another minor mention of CoX on Massively.   This time in regards to power customization.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/29/the-daily-grind-what-cosmetic-changes-would-you-like-for-your-character-abilities/

Sooner or later, every game and game feature gets compared to CoX.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »
IF there is every a doubt about COH love at Massively... another article since my post.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/25/leaderboard-where-did-all-the-city-of-heroes-players-go/

Here is a link of all recent COH articles. For a dead game, at least 10 articles or mentions since January.... 

http://massivelyop.com/?s=city+of+heroes

It's nice to know I am not the only person that is still asking WTF? 4 years later

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:42:03 AM »
I started playing MMOs in EQ beta. I generally only count games I've played for about 90+ days as games I've 'played', and that's still 20 something titles that might fall under the MMO umbrella. I'm not even sure how many I've tried and tested since 1998 besides that. I've come across a lot of good communities out there and a fair amount of likable games. I wish I were just exaggerating, but none of them scratch the itch for me.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »
I started playing MMOs in EQ beta. I generally only count games I've played for about 90+ days as games I've 'played', and that's still 20 something titles that might fall under the MMO umbrella. I'm not even sure how many I've tried and tested since 1998 besides that. I've come across a lot of good communities out there and a fair amount of likable games. I wish I were just exaggerating, but none of them scratch the itch for me.

At the time COH was the only MMO I ever tried, let alone played.

I swore I would never get into MMO's but I kept seeing this game advertised in comics and one day I was in COMPUSA (remember them?) and I saw it and bought it.
I never had an MMO so I had no idea you had to pay per month to play! It came with a free month and long story short, 8 years later I was still paying and playing.