Author Topic: This is what really happened to Robin Williams  (Read 3023 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
This is what really happened to Robin Williams
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:43:00 AM »
And I have immense respect for his wife for writing this.  I actually don't think I could have.

http://www.neurology.org/content/87/13/1308.full
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: This is what really happened to Robin Williams
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:27:25 AM »
I had no idea what LBD was until his death.

Absolutely hellish: Most victims aren't found out until autopsy, and even if they are, palliative care is the only choice.  It was incredibly awesome of her to share this.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »
wow. I never heard of LBD until I read this. And forgive me, but I have to wonder if this was present in his brain to a lesser degree for years, or if it just presented itself in the last couple of years preceding his death.

It's no secret that Robin Williams wasn't afraid to try new things. LSD, Alcohol, probably numerous other types of drugs as well. I certainly couldn't say those things contributed - but I can certainly say they likely didn't help, either.

One thing is for sure, he had amazing talent for entertaining. Acting, comedy, music - not a lot of people could measure up to him.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Reaper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:30:24 PM »
Thank you for sharing this.  I grew up watching Robin Williams and had really been hurt by his passing.  He was the only celebrity who passed where I was actually affected emotionally as though I had personally lost a family member.  I'm glad his wife shared this as it helped explain his end.
Patiently lurking from the shadows...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 05:14:24 AM »
wow. I never heard of LBD until I read this. And forgive me, but I have to wonder if this was present in his brain to a lesser degree for years, or if it just presented itself in the last couple of years preceding his death.

It's no secret that Robin Williams wasn't afraid to try new things. LSD, Alcohol, probably numerous other types of drugs as well. I certainly couldn't say those things contributed - but I can certainly say they likely didn't help, either.

One thing is for sure, he had amazing talent for entertaining. Acting, comedy, music - not a lot of people could measure up to him.

LBD is part of the Parkinson's spectrum, way off at the deep end.  It's unlikely any lifestyle thing contributed.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »
LBD is part of the Parkinson's spectrum, way off at the deep end.  It's unlikely any lifestyle thing contributed.

Truth be told, with the incoming wave of all things "epigenetic", it's likely that we'll be hearing that everything is lifestyle related. You grow up on a farm and wake up early and are very active - that will cause certain genes to express.

You eat eggs and bacon every morning, other genes will express.

Everything is pretty much behavior/lifestyle related these days. But, who knows? 20 years from now, they might suggest it has something to do with the alignment of the planets and stars. People be crazy.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese