Author Topic: Supergirl Season 2  (Read 23038 times)

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
Re: Supergirl Season 2
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 05:46:45 AM »
HELLO, Megan!
So, where's the upvote button again...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »
That's only a big reveal if you've not seen Young Justice. And if you haven't seen Young Justice you should go watch it now 'cause it's waaaaaaaaay better than this.

Anyone else find it a bit odd that they're using the Mon-El name instead of Val-Or or Lar Gand seeing as El is a Kryptonian family name? Or at least odd that Kara doesn't mention they have the same family name? Though it's possible El is the Jingleheimer-Schmitt of that system I suppose.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
I was at least expecting a "Maybe we're cousins."  only to have kara look off to the side and mutter "No, my cousin is someone else."

I know nothing about Mon-El from the comics.  Either after my time, or only showed up in books I didn't read (like Superman).  I do remember that Daxamites first discovered their not so unique powers during the Invasion crossover event where the Dominion was introduced.  Only a couple episodes away from the Dominion crossover event, wonder if we'll see more Daxamites.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »
They have to get rid of Mon-El of course and I'm hoping they stick at least somewhat to comic continuity. I'm sacrificing animals every day (gummi bears if you must know) to the gods in hopes that we get a LSH story.  Two parter where the Legion comes to the past to get help (how many times did they do that in the comics?  Like every third Superboy issue it seemed) and at the end of part two Mon decides to stay with them.

And if those episodes prove popular maybe it could generate the LSH spinoff that has been proposed many times but never pushed through.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:26 AM »
That's about what I figured would happen, especially since they still haven't paid off the Legion ring that showed up in Flash's glimpses of other earths. But then again before they revealed it was Mon-El I was assuming it was Kon-El since Cadmus showed up this season, so what do I know.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 12:08:12 PM »
Or they could just go with the original story line -- he develops lead poisoning and has to be sent into the Phantom Zone.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
That's about what I figured would happen, especially since they still haven't paid off the Legion ring that showed up in Flash's glimpses of other earths. But then again before they revealed it was Mon-El I was assuming it was Kon-El since Cadmus showed up this season, so what do I know.

They did a couple of Legion episodes in Smallville. I'd love to see the CW version of the Legion, or at least some of them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 01:58:53 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"My cousin worked with a vigilante once."
:D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 02:04:58 AM »
Okay... Must say this ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why the heck did Alex assume that it would be perfectly save for M'Gan to give J'onn a blood transfusion? Even if she HAD been a Green Martian there's no reason to assume that Martians don't have different blood types like human beings.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why the heck did Alex assume that it would be perfectly save for M'Gan to give J'onn a blood transfusion? Even if she HAD been a Green Martian there's no reason to assume that Martians don't have different blood types like human beings.

Maybe they don't have different types. We don't know that either.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »
Did they do away with the weakness to lead that Daxamites have in the comics?

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 02:34:56 AM »

Well so far it looks like they altered and weakened it so that they just have no immunity to lead which means bullets can kill them.  But maybe it will slowly poison him until he has to be suspended for his own survival.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 03:08:50 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

The DEO has magical knowledge of all aliens (like when Winn's info dumping about Whatever-ites)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Ohioknight

• Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 03:10:49 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"My cousin worked with a vigilante once."
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Tons of gadgets, lots of demons..."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 04:05:17 AM »
Well so far it looks like they altered and weakened it so that they just have no immunity to lead which means bullets can kill them.  But maybe it will slowly poison him until he has to be suspended for his own survival.
Didn't she say something like, "He has a lead allergy"?  That could be a weakness.  He was certainly vulnerable to it, and the longer he had it in him the worse he seemed to get.  And he seemed to get better as soon as they got it out.  I think.  I might have been tired by the time I got to the end of the episode.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »
Didn't she say something like, "He has a lead allergy"?  That could be a weakness.  He was certainly vulnerable to it, and the longer he had it in him the worse he seemed to get.  And he seemed to get better as soon as they got it out.  I think.  I might have been tired by the time I got to the end of the episode.

You saw it correctly, so maybe everyone else was tired :D

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
Ah, so the Daxamite lead allergy is very reduced in comparison to the comics.

(For those who don't read comics, even trace amounts of atmospheric lead will cause Daxamites to collapse and die just by breathing normal air on Earth)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »

I never got that. Its not like lead transmits deadly radiation or something. It just sits there.

Or like the GA Green Lantern. He could stop bullets, rockets, knives, etc, but you could kill him with a wooden toothpick.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 10:11:00 PM »
Characters - especially cosmic ones - are always underpowered whenever the situation demands it - for example, Superman can fly all across the universe without taking thousands of years, so he can move many times faster than the speed of light - but if the story requires him to fight a power-armored Lex Luthor then he'll generally slug it out with him in a hand to hand brawl, even though he could move fast enough to strip Lex of his armor in a fraction of a nanosecond.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Ohioknight

• Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:16 AM »
OK, I would just like to say...

Thirty seconds at the end does NOT make a "crossover episode"!!!!!