Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider Season  (Read 17581 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Agents of SHIELD: Ghost Rider Season
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »
Might be even worse than that.  If Simmons and Quake both entered the Framework in their dopplegangers' bodies, is Simmons buried in a grave?

I suspect the grave is an empty one and the real Simmons doppelganger is working undercover with one of the others.  Probably May.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
I think they pulled off the look of "zombie" Simmons quite well. I'm guessing the actress must've had a cold or something based on how her voice sounded at the beginning of the episode, and then later she comments she's feeling much better (when her voice sounded normal).

Yes, Ward's still a double agent, but this time he's actually working for the good guys. That's refreshing.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
I suspect the grave is an empty one and the real Simmons doppelganger is working undercover with one of the others.  Probably May.

She looked pretty good. Assumedly they would just take over the 'body' of their counterpart in the framework, shouldn't she have been a walking skeleton?

And I pegged Ward as an agent almost right away. Makes sense he would be the opposite of what he was in the real world.

I also figured Aida was the one with Fitz in the car from last time.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »
Oh, great... they're going to win with the power of love...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 12:19:45 PM »
Oh, great... they're going to win with the power of love...
It's a curious thing.  It can make a one man weep and make another man sing.

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
Great Scott, that was the weirdest episode of Family Ties ever.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
I loved this episode but not because it was a good episode (it was). The reason I loved it was pure nostalgia.  I own every issue of the original run of What If and about half the remaining issues. 

I loved most of them because they would condense popular what if ideas into a single issue of all action.  Now if Marvel wants to do a what if they actually change the entire Marvel universe, often for the worse.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
Wow. Not-Fitz is one mean SOB.

I wonder if that's all framework programming or its something in his personality he always had that now can come out.

I also love how even being killed (twice), they can still work Ward into the show again.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Wow, indeed.  Fitz makes the rest of fake Hydra look like common thugs next to his Nazi impression.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 06:19:57 AM »
I was all ready to like evil Fitz better but they kept his lamer qualities too.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 01:14:58 PM »
I was all ready to like evil Fitz better but they kept his lamer qualities too.

Well now we see why Fitz became such a Nazi in this world -

Too bad about Mace -

I wonder how the framework got programmed with people like Trip and Ward, since they were long dead before Aida came along.
It's one thing to get the look but they seem to have the same personalities from the real world. (except for Ward not being an evil bastard, but otherwise he seems the same)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »
What's the point of going through the trouble to abduct someone and trap them in a digital world if you're just going to kill them?  Why not just kill them outright?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:22 PM »
What's the point of going through the trouble to abduct someone and trap them in a digital world if you're just going to kill them?  Why not just kill them outright?

I don't think they were there to be killed, otherwise yeah. She could do to them what she did to Radcliffe.
Probably Daisy and Jemma going in 'live' threw off the programming. The Patriot and SHIELD wouldn't have tried to raid that place if Daisy was fake Daisy and Jemma was still dead.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:12 PM »
Probably Daisy and Jemma going in 'live' threw off the programming. The Patriot and SHIELD wouldn't have tried to raid that place if Daisy was fake Daisy and Jemma was still dead.
That's brings up a good point.  Whether or not someone is currently alive in the real world, it's clear that Aida is able to read the personality matrices uploaded to the framework and mine them for details.  Otherwise she wouldn't know what regret to remove, Fitz's dad wouldn't be present, and she wouldn't know to dangle Lincoln in front of Daisy.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 12:09:47 AM »
That's brings up a good point.  Whether or not someone is currently alive in the real world, it's clear that Aida is able to read the personality matrices uploaded to the framework and mine them for details.  Otherwise she wouldn't know what regret to remove, Fitz's dad wouldn't be present, and she wouldn't know to dangle Lincoln in front of Daisy.

And as I mentioned - how did she get Ward and Trip's personalities so right. Unless she based them off memories and experiences of the others.

Aida wasn't built yet when Ward was Ward, maybe the tail end of him being HIVE, and certainly not when Trip was alive.

"and she wouldn't know to dangle Lincoln in front of Daisy." I...no...too easy.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »
I just wonder if they are going to continue with something involving LMDs.  Technically it should be possible to put the AI Tripp and Ward into LMD bodies and bring them back to the series even after it transfers back to the real world.  I mean throughout the seasons the writers do seem to have been having a competition for how many times they can recreate Ward as a completely different version.

It was great btw seeing Mace finally get to be a real hero though the end of that sucked since I actually like the character.  And I loved the "Snap out of it May!" line from Coulson.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
I just wonder if they are going to continue with something involving LMDs.  Technically it should be possible to put the AI Tripp and Ward into LMD bodies and bring them back to the series even after it transfers back to the real world.  I mean throughout the seasons the writers do seem to have been having a competition for how many times they can recreate Ward as a completely different version.

It was great btw seeing Mace finally get to be a real hero though the end of that sucked since I actually like the character.  And I loved the "Snap out of it May!" line from Coulson.

I wonder if mace's regret was that he really wasn't an Inhuman and didn't have powers unless he took that drug.

Its also possible he's not dead, dead. Maybe if they get to him in time in the real world that can do something.

I was thinking the same about Ward. He was already brought back as an alien entity, why not an LMD?

Though with Trip and Ward it really wouldn't be them brought back to life. They aren't alive to get their minds downloaded into the framework. They are just approximations based on I guess Shield database information and their co-workers memories of them. Though would be close enough I guess. I wonder if they couldn't get the other two that left back for an episode or two - Mockingbird and her boyfriend.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
Maybe virtual death is the real backdoor that can't be closed...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 03:38:46 AM »
I have to say this framework storyline is probably the best they have had yet in four seasons.

And now that I think about it - if she made a machine that can make a real, human body and place a mind inside, I smell a return of a good Grant Ward or maybe even Trip. Also could be a way to bring Mace back to life.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »
And now that I think about it - if she made a machine that can make a real, human body and place a mind inside, I smell a return of a good Grant Ward or maybe even Trip. Also could be a way to bring Mace back to life.
Or the bridge for a Westworld crossover.   ;D
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin