Author Topic: Breaks are good  (Read 2073 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Breaks are good
« on: November 04, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
I'm glad I left. I'm glad I'm back.

As soon as I get my patch situation ... patched with STO I'll be playing there again and contributing to my Fleet(s) if they haven't booted me (I just got a merit promotion in my 'real' one...!) but there's enough of me to go around.

I'm glad CO is still fun. I was really having my doubts there for at least one full logon. The magic was just not there. But then a new, lonnnnnnng awaited gaming mouse showed up, I started practicing with it in QWZ, one thing lead to another, bada boom bada bing...

Yeah, I can have fun there again  : ) At least for now.

They DO have a history there at CO of ....souring things. I'm going to be optimistic and say they had a plan in this case. Due to... after they nerfed... they revamped Bestial, Darkness, Sorcery, and there is a new high level zone. In the past, there would be nerfs, and then.... more nerfs. No rewards! Which was just making me mad/sad/frustrated. Which totally defeats the purpose of playing.

If I see vehicles rolling through QWZ like the plague.. I may have to recant.. some of my optimism.

As-is, I have a new MC and a shadow, at least, of CO endgame to play. Alurts/Rampages/QWZ/selling my junk : ). I just never got into Onslaught Villaining. It's appealing on an intellectual level, but, completely not, in practice.

Is there anyone left, here, that's playing?

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Breaks are good
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »
I still play enough to run Mechanon on Rex and do the dailies on two of my other toons on a regular basis.

I normally only play non 40s now when there's double XP. The magic changes put another 3-4 toons of mine into needing retcons again...

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Breaks are good
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
Magic has some nice new stuff. So does Darkness. Bestial.. And it's either Telepathy or Telekinesis that gets those OP pink fingers from QWZ, huh? I was going to make a new Magic Build, then got sidetracked on Darkness, then figured why not get OP fingers of my own....

*shrug*

I never can get Spirit Reverb to work for me. Even with 50+ energy return. They have some new Fear makers out now that may make a difference.. May not. I'll give it another go and see. I'm bouncing between a Darkness (Con) and Pink finger (Ego) build atm. Magic (Int) was my first stab at a new build. I've also tried combining all three with Shadow Form.

*shruuuug*

I've got a level 40 Heroic geared toon in the Powerhouse with 2 bags full of secondary gear/mods to swap stats with, some, and he's retconned down to his first travel power. For tinkering.

They changed Bestial but I think I can still make pretty much exactly the build I had before with the free retcon that was waiting on that toon. They just threw in some tempting alternatives. So I have to try those first..

I never could make a decent build involving Magic damage... I stole Skarn's for the debuff, on my support toon, but that's about it. Arcane/Celestial seems more interesting now for someone who didn't have a build made from them - just sucks they went Int for the nice new (looking) toggle power and energy unlock.

They gave MA an energy unlock but that's not really what MA's prob is. MA's prob is, no one wants to stack up on Dex instead of Con and Str. Huh.

Still running Mechanon! That has to be good practice.. I remember that being pretty hard. QWZ has been good practice. I run Deeps through the Dailies when I log on and maybe run 1 or more daily on some other toons just to do it. It's been helping me to play my toons how I built them instead of like each other - if that makes sense? Lots of times when I faceplant it's because I'm trying to play one of my toons like one of my others. Been decent new mouse practice too. I can't see myself running dailies regularly on more than one toon there. Takes too long for too little.

Anyway... glad you're still playing. I realllly needed a break.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>