Author Topic: I know it's probably never going to happen  (Read 4422 times)

SonicXero

• Underling
I know it's probably never going to happen
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:31:37 AM »
But will we ever get the chance to see just even a single power to use from any of the powersets, even if it's on something like a test dummy? I made myself sad by looking at old videos and wanted to know if it were maybe possible for something this small ((it's probably not small but still worth a shot ;_; ))

Capzlock

• Underling
Re: I know it's probably never going to happen
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:07:24 AM »
Based on the roadmap (https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11126.0) it seems to be possible, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Reever Jenkins

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
So I am guessing by this post, we cant actually play inside the game. We can only use the costume creator etc.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:54:49 PM »
From the Paragon Chat FAAAQ:
What is Paragon Chat?

Paragon Chat is a software program that turns your City of Heroes client into an interactive chat and socialization platform. It allows you to design costumes, see and meet with other players in a shared virtual space, communicate through text chat as well as animated emotes, and manage a list of friends that you frequently interact with and wish to be able to see your online status.

What is Paragon Chat not?

It is not a game. It does not feature combat, power mechanics, accumulation of experience, leveling, inventory, auctions, etc.

Are you going to add combat, street sweeping, missions, AI?

In this project probably not. At most there might be some limited powers support, and minigame aspects.

However, it does share DNA with some other projects that are working along those lines. Improvements to Paragon Chat represent improvements to the overall state of things.

Paragon Chat is exactly that... a Chat client.  Sorry, combat and game play is not a part of the roadmap.

Anything ELSE that isn't combat related is open as a possibility. 
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
@Tahquitz:  In CWs roadmap, he does allude to "Simulated attack powers" on target dummies.

"Target Milestone: Future, long term
Estimated Completion: Whenever

Simulated attack powers, possibly usable on target dummies

Handoff to realtime communication service for more demanding activities, such as PVP Arena matches"

This quote was taken from CWs roadmap.  However, I wouldn't look for this in the near future.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:15:55 PM by Styrj »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:45:36 PM »
You are correct, sir.  That would be akin to the Powerhouse dummies in Champions Online.  They might even walk in a path or run a bit.  But nothing you do to them would get you out of Level 1.  It still wouldn't be a game.

I'm not going to discuss PvP Arena as a milestone until Codewalker discusses it.  That would be complete speculation on my part.

Another thing to keep in mind from the Roadmap -- both attack dummies and PvP Arena matches are the last milestones, so things might change dramatically before then:
Important: All of this is preliminary and is subject to change!

I'm just trying to manage expectations.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:36:55 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:43:38 AM »
Your point is understood, and I did not mean to sound argumentative.  Just wanted to point out that attack powers (simulated) were on his road map, however far down that road they may be.  BTW, I don't PVP & I don't go anywhere near CO. :)

I will admit that, with CW developing Paragon Chat, my expectations are quite high, and I look forward to each iteration.  Too bad there isn't a team of CWs working on PC.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:35:49 PM by Styrj »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
Yes, Codewalker needs to click ON  [ ] Allow Multiple Instances
in his RL Client and lets have a team of Codewalker, C0dewa1ker, Code\//alker, etc, working on Paragon Chat! ;D