Author Topic: Power Armor Changes Coming...  (Read 2742 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Power Armor Changes Coming...
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:02:58 AM »

Sigh.

Now they are going to be revamping Power Armor. New powers are coming which is good, but I am so tired of powersets being adjusted. Right now I have five or six toons that are still waiting on me to get around to doing some forced retconning on them.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Power Armor Changes Coming...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:35:56 AM »
I think all of my toons had retcons waiting for them. At least two of them weren't allowed to change any powers without doing a full retcon.

I like that they turned Plasma Beam into a toggle.. Other than that my one PA build runs about the same as I remember him. It took me forever just to put one PA build together and I like it but I never want to do it again. So maybe some revamping is good. Hope they don't ruin our builds!

Something they unruined for me is Support! I just got done running like 100 Grabs to try and get my fingers used to the new hotkeys. Never really did like my one and only Support build. Just posted his new pic in Toons Revealed. I tried to get into it but it was never much more than OK to play. I really had fun playing the new one tonite though. It has a lot of new, mostly Sorcery/Infernal powers. Many powers I've never used before.

I was laying down some serious HPS! And had stuff to do.

I got Jerry Lewis fingers a few times, juggling things.. There may have been faceplants.. One must practice one's new hotkeys you know..

Anyway... yeah. It was fun. I was about to give up on ever making a fun Support build. Again. But I actually managed to... finally walk out of the PowerHouse with one I like.

Hopefully they just add stuff to PA on this pass like they just did with Infernal. They already hit mini-gun and PA's a big enough pain in the butt just because (toggles) it's PA.. Hopefully they're in add stuff mode now, period.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
It really helped me to take a break, btw.

When you spend so much time building and polishing your baby and then one day you open the garage door and are presented with a new model you never wanted.. I was always dreading what was going to come next and all that good stuff.

This..... so far, has been a good time come back. For me. So far. I'm playing/enjoying my favorite builds and fixing old ones I could never get right. And, there are a lot of little things that add up to....having stuff to do that wasn't there before. I'm starting to appreciate getting Hermes f/x and the Gold Rec stuff looks interesting and the QWZ dailies are still entertaining and there's stuff to look forward to that I haven't done yet, in general. Fixed/am fixing my Support build, finally, and might even fix my tank, finally. QWZ has helped me play some of my builds better/how I meant them to be played, so, that seems worth mentioning too.

Had I came back when they were still ruining my devices and power-chaining and etc and so on... I dunno. The magic was already gone when I first started up CO again. Hesitate to say it, but.. it seems to be back. Hesitate to say it but I have to eat my words on a lot of complaints I've had, and, I hesitate to say it but sometimes I seem to see an actual thoughtful polishing of CO and ... planning path that I've not seen ever since I've been playing.

CO has a way of making one hesitant, though... huh.. : D

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »
My support guy is a pleasure to play for the first time and... holy Shazam what did they do to my Tank/Melee build.... I mean that in a good way. He is a freaking monster. Judging by 10 screen ripping minutes of play in Offense passive, anyway. That week of sitting in the PowerHouse rewiring him paid off. So have the new melee mechanics. This new build reminds me of why I used to like to play melee so much. You could hardly ever get me off my Brutes at the end of CoH. Loved my Unleashed before he got nerfbombed - I played him in bliss for like a year. And then the Dex/dodge/device nerfs came, and some FF slots..., and I've been playing mostly (often tanking..) Ranged offense passives ever since.

If they are going down the list of builds I never could get quite right, I think Power Armor would literally be next. Maybe we get lucky and PA gets some luv like Support/Melee.

How's that for optimism... lol

Oh man am I setting myself up for the fall, huh  : )

I thought Rex was Munitions. Is he PA?
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:56:52 AM »
Rex is primarily munitions. (He's a Robot Cowboy after all.)

I've got several characters in CO that use power armor in co.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:43:51 AM »
PA is my favorite set of powers.

I like mechs and robots.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Toggles slow things down too much for me is one of the major problems I have with PA. The line of sight required is the second major problem. Other than that PA has plenty of fun tools and concepts and is one of the most shredding dps powersets I've used and seen used.

I think focusing so much on energy management and how to squeeze out all the dps I could and not just with one power but with a combination of powers and in a combination of settings was what the turn-off was as far as making my first PA build. At the time it felt too complicated (my min/max circuits were overheating) and then when I finally came up with something I was very satisfied with... I couldn't play it worth a poo.. I had high hopes for him! He managed to swipe a Justice piece even... *grumble* ha.

For concept builds & kabaam PA is hard to beat. Rocket launchers popping out of my shoulder... plasma beams shooting from my palm. Where's mah mini-gun! Suddenly it's like Jesse Ventura in Predator x3.

Yeah PA is ok. I just fumble with actually playing it in tough fights where I have to fight that line of sight and watching/waiting for toggles. I admire a good PA player I'm just...not one.

Anyway, maybe they do good stuff. After playing melee for just a short period my first reaction was that Ranged needs some serious luv. Ranged DPS got 'balanced'. Melee DPS got Love.. Support got love too.
Some Faves: