Author Topic: Gotham Season 3  (Read 7799 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Gotham Season 3
« on: November 17, 2016, 12:30:56 AM »

Because Gotham started earlier than Supergirl Season 2 I managed to watch the first few episodes of it live. Once Supergirl started, I DVR'd Gotham to watch later.  Once I'm all caught up I'll have more comments.

But for now ...

Who's watching this season?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Gotham Season 3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 12:54:02 AM »
I am.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »
They totally wasted the character of Isabella.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I kept expecting it to be revealed that she was Ms. Kringle's twin sister out for revenge on Ed.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
I'm watching but not enjoying this season as much as the last one.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 03:20:47 AM »
I'm compelled to watch but it's getting harder every week.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
I kept expecting it to be revealed that she was Ms. Kringle's twin sister out for revenge on Ed.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I can't see that whole plot line happening for nothing.  Not with all the unbelievable coincidences. I'm thinking Gotham's way of introducing the Lazarus pit.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:37:40 AM »
This season has me convinced the writers have absolutely no idea where they want to take the show. I've been losing interest fast.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 05:21:27 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I like to see that actress turn up over and over again the rest of the season with the twist ending being that Ed never left Arkham.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »
This season has me convinced the writers have absolutely no idea where they want to take the show. I've been losing interest fast.

Same. I've stopped watching entirely. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was okay, now they've just completely jumped the shark.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »
I'm compelled to watch but it's getting harder every week.

Kinda in the same boat.  I think it's just morbid curiosity at this point.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:41 AM »
I managed to watch all of the Painkiller Jane series I can make it through Gotham! I think... maybe?

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 03:16:42 AM »
Jerome is coming back.  So long as there is the possibility he will be on the show I will keep watching.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 07:50:15 AM »
This show just keeps getting worse. It's like they were tasked with making a show similar to the successful movies but they thought that meant the Schumacher ones.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 05:25:25 PM »
I dunno', maybe they should keep going down this Scooby Doo route? That way the series can end with Nigma shouting, "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky cops and your meddling Gordon too!".

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »
Fox has always had an unfair expectation on it's fantasy and science fiction shows: go big or go home.  Ratings-wise, it's very safe from cancellation, but they might cancel it anyway because it's not Empire-popular.  The writers are probably pressured into attention-grabbing schemes instead of the long game.  (Same trap Agents of Shield fell into last fall with "Ghost Rider", but Agents of Shield is already syndicated, so those tactics are warranted.  Gotham is getting this treatment too early.)

Non-show minutiae follows.  Very cynical. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-fox-week-17-rosewoods-friday-move-doesnt-offer-a-lot-of-hope/

If this show was on the CW, they'll make it to a 4th season (2/3rds of show's futures are determined on the 2nd season renewal... most don't make it that far) maybe a 5th, because then syndication money might happen.  22 episodes a season = 88 by the end of Season 4, the bare minimum for "stripped syndication", or a deal where syndication is allowed if the showrunner can finish 100 episodes within the fifth season by a deadline.  (One possibility: CW has a DC superhero lineup.  Their local stations would enjoy adding Gotham to their weekend lineups between sports matches and news.)  But after 88-100 episodes happen, without high ratings, everything from there on is diminishing returns.

But this is Fox.  If it's not the best, they meddle until they have an excuse to cancel it.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »
I'm still sore about Terminator cancelling on a cliff-hanger, as it was several orders better than Gotham. Cancelling Gotham would be a mercy but I wouldn't look for that unless it moves to Friday. Given their inability to make successful new shows other than Empire and the fact that they'll already have to replace Bones next year I'm guessing we're stuck with Gotham for at least another year.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »
For me, Firefly (duh), Human Target (Guererro was awesome.  No, seriously.), and Almost Human.

But I'll stop there, this is about Gotham.  Enough from me.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:41:19 PM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
Guerrero was great, but then Jackie Earle Haley always is.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 01:47:04 AM »
Every one of those series' cancellations were disappointing.  The Tick, too.

Terminator was the one that most disappointed me, but that's because the world needs more Shirley Manson.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 02:54:58 AM »
For me, Firefly (duh), Human Target (Guererro was awesome.  No, seriously.), and Almost Human.

But I'll stop there, this is about Gotham.  Enough from me.

Oh, the thing that annoyed me most about Human Target was the transition between season one and two. Season one ended with a big cliffhanger which was resolved in like the first 30 seconds of the second season.