Author Topic: Gotham Season 3  (Read 7798 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Gotham Season 3
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 03:29:25 AM »
Alright, I guess I derailled this.

Human Target is a prime example of Fox meddling.  Showrunner was replaced.  Moved production to Los Angeles from Vancover (where it was cheaper to make).  Fired Bear McCreary because it cost too much (which makes the prior move of the Production Unit make no sense... also Battlestar Galactica... Agents of Shield... Outlander.  Dude's got a pedigree now, so it's their loss...)

And then added women to the cast because the show was seen as 'sexist', then two thirds of the plots in the second season were rescues involving those same women adding to the sexist overtone in the first place.  (What to do this week?  Let's make Chance rescue Pucci again!)  I didn't mind Ames as much as her character was supposed to be inept as a thief learning how to be a mercenary from Guerrero.  But Pucci was grating.

I had no hope for the second season.  I watched to the end, but the cancellation did not surprise me at all.

I loved the first season of Sarah Connor Chronicles.  But the recession went down, RL problems made TV impossible... I completely missed the second season once I got back on my feet.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 04:46:37 AM »
Alright, I guess I derailled this.

Why should the thread be any different from the show :D

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 05:40:35 AM »
Every one of those series' cancellations were disappointing.  The Tick, too.

The Amazon series' pilot was really good, and last I heard they decided to make a full season.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 05:29:48 PM »
The Amazon series' pilot was really good, and last I heard they decided to make a full season.

Seriously?  Thank god.  Although they got the look of Tick himself wrong they got the tone perfectly which the previous live series never did.

Bring on Sewer Urchin.  Definitely bring him on.  Yeah definitely.

Oh, and Jerome is still the perfect Joker.  The show had a good and new take on where the scars came from.  Now we just need a chemical bath at some point and transformation is complete.  It will be ok if they get rid of the character by the end of the season because they are planting the seeds of all the classic villains.  They just have to avoid killing him. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
My guess is that the chemical bath will happen with Penguin at Kane Chemicals.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 01:21:45 AM »
Jerome is the Joker Gotham needs, but not the one it deserves. I really hope the actor gets more Joker roles in future Batman media.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:27:15 AM by FlyingCarcass »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 09:26:32 AM »
OK season 4 doesn't deserve its own thread. Not that any of the other seasons did either, but still.

Good to see the Flash's habit of taking his mask off constantly is cross-network.

I think the big villain this season will be Selina's back-lit leg hair.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »
So there's a Flash in Gotham, now?  I didn't even finish season 3... don't know where I left off...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 11:35:50 AM »
So there's a Flash in Gotham, now?  I didn't even finish season 3... don't know where I left off...

No Flash, just the mask taking off habit from Flash. And the less of this series you see the better off you are.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
Yeah, his taking off his mask is just plain stupid.  And he is worse than Barry because he doesn't even try to hide his identity from the bad guys.  It's like he's wearing it as a fashion statement instead of a disguise.

I'm glad we are seeing more of Victor Zsasz this season.  As much as I liked Butch he was too good natured to be menacing.  Victor is scary.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 05:42:47 PM »
Well there's always the slimmest chance zombie Butch will be better.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 12:31:18 AM »
Well there's always the slimmest chance zombie Butch will be better.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »
With every season I become more and more convinced that Michelle Pfeiffer had herself cloned.  Too bad they didn't clone Michael Keaton for Bruce because that kid just plain can't act. But Jim Gordon makes up for it by overacting.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 01:17:17 AM »
Grundy next week.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 05:49:58 AM »
They just keep redoubling the Joel Schumakeriness every week. At this point I have to believe the producers have another project they want to get to and are trying to pull a Bialystock.

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
Honestly - I'd watch just to see Zsasz, that dude cracks me up everytime!

That's saying something too because normally I find him abhorrent.

That said - I really wish they'd pace the action over an entire season, rather than suffer the mad rush some of the episodes seem to be.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2018, 08:26:42 AM »
Gonna assume we have ivy 3.0 thanks to #2's somehow managing to have her bad acting stand out. Which on this show is a staggering accomplishment.