Author Topic: Regarding the needs of a former player of City of Heroes.  (Read 1872 times)

rookery.

• Nothing Gets Past This Guy!
  • Minion
Regarding the needs of a former player of City of Heroes.
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:32:54 AM »
So I occasionally chat with Je Saist on Steam and I have just been made aware that they are in need this holiday season.

https://www.gofundme.com/je-saist-glaucoma-medical-bills-2wa37d8

If you all could take the time to read over their gofundme I would appreciate it, and if you can give, give, or if you can find somewhere else to post this, feel free.

Thank you all for your time and Devs, if this isn't the right place for it, please let me know and I will move it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Regarding the needs of a former player of City of Heroes.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »
Thanks for posting this.

It's all pretty self-explanatory.  I threw in my bit.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: Regarding the needs of a former player of City of Heroes.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »
I ...just don't have the right words. All this time, I had thought the ACA was allowing folks like this to get the insurance they needed. I can only assume he's at that point where he's making too much to get the subsidy - or can't pay the premium and wait for the eventual rebate. Or something like that.

This man needs more than a few grand. He needs literally 10's of thousands, or more, from the sound of it. It's not often I've been moved by a story, but man, this guy sure has had a lot of crappy luck.

I hope we can help him at least a little bit.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese