Author Topic: The best of 2016  (Read 2018 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
The best of 2016
« on: December 22, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
And the award for best single resource of Champions Online Powers information goes to...... A webpage that has only been available via archives since some years now..
http://web.archive.org/web/20131120001804/http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/

Much of the information is out of date and incorrect but so much more is still useful and so well organized for making new builds, that, I have to give this longtime dead resource its yearly two thumbs up.

The Original CO Wiki. So nicely done. So useful. Such a shame it was abandoned. Long gone and still getting luv.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: The best of 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
The often up-to-date PowerHouse gets my vote again this year for Best Mids Wannabe of 16'

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html

It's not nearly as detailed as Mids was but it's the most useful equivalent I've found. I've saved dozens of PowerHouse builds. Some I even used and some of those were even good!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »
Making its debut this year as Most Promising CO Informational Resource in Off and On Development....

http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

The bar is set high, GL, and, thx for the efforts.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:42:45 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »
Most awesome Patcher/Compiler goes to: CO

Downloading 22 meg for a 300 meg Winter Event patch confirms it. The Bandwidth Limited rejoice at CO's wise use of the /Compression switch when they compile.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 10:07:50 PM »
I was gone for a chunk of this year but due to not one build I've made since playing again is Ranged Offense, and, nearly *every* build I've made/played since my first ones *had* been Ranged Offense... I am gonna call this The Year of Not Ranged Offense.

It is probably The Year of the Melee. All of my builds seem to turn out melee since coming back to play and I like them a lot.

I have a really nice, new, Support/Healer type build and can see how I could make some more of those, too. So maybe it's The Year of Melee/Support. Or.. The year of Melee with an honorable mention for Support.

Some Faves: