Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0.8 Patch Notes  (Read 26507 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.8 Patch Notes
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »
Patch notes for version 1.0.8.1
Update branch: Release
Release date: 29 Dec 2016
Powers
  • New travel power: Teleport. The new powers system was a big step towards a working Teleport, though it still took a few more enhancements to it (as well as the animation system) to make it happen.

NOTE: Teleport in Paragon Chat works slightly different than the retail game. Instead of 4 seconds of a forced hover, after teleporting, you remain in dimensional flux, motionless and unaffected by gravity for 10 seconds. Attempting to move will break the flux early and drop you to the ground.
Squeee!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 08:59:22 PM »
I have a question about candy canes and gift boxes (Holiday Cheer).  Will these persist after the Winter Event ends?  I was thinking they'd make nice prizes for Costume Contests, something we could actually give to winning contestants.

Yes, those persist, as do the special gifts found in boxes (FrisbFlying Disc, Toy Bat, and the LKT Rocket Pack). The only things that expire are the Snowball and the Holiday Rocket Pack (aka Jingle Jet).

There isn't a trade system, so candy canes can't be given away, but any Holiday Cheer and Mystery Gifts you've stocked will persist. Those stack up to 99 charges.

Once the Candy Cane vendor is implemented, I was considering making Mystery Gifts available for people who wanted to do a random roll instead of outright buying the temp powers. I suppose I could also add in Holiday Cheer boxes to that for if you want something that can be given away.

Long term average for getting candy canes from Mystery Gifts is 3 per box (once all the other items have been claimed), so that's the absolute minimum cost to avoid an infinite candy-cane generating loop. Somewhere around 10-15 candy canes per box sounds reasonable, maybe with the version that you give to other players being discounted.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »
Fantastic, Codewalker.  Thanks!

VileTerror

• Underling
It's Christmas!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
Not just Teleport, but Teleport with a more sensible post-'port recovery mechanic?
Codewalker, you magnificent programmer!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: It's Christmas!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
Not just Teleport, but Teleport with a more sensible post-'port recovery mechanic?
Codewalker, you magnificent programmer!

Thank you! I always thought the 'move to cancel' idea for the post-Teleport hover was a good one and was surprised that it never got implemented despite how many times it was suggested.

The extra visual effect (borrowed from phase shift) is new as well, to give an indication that it's still affecting you, if you also have Fly or something toggled.

Surelle

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 02:18:49 AM »
Thanks so much for all you do, Codewalker, and thanks to those who help you, too!

This is so awesome.