Author Topic: Trollhunter: Netflix  (Read 1784 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Trollhunter: Netflix
« on: December 29, 2016, 02:57:57 AM »

Anyone seen this cartoon yet?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Trollhunter: Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:36:42 AM »
Just had a friend recommend it to me.  Haven't watched it yet, but he liked it and we have very similar tastes in entertainment, so it's now on my list of things I need to check out.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:45:22 AM »
Watched the first two episodes, and I wasn't really all that enthralled.  Generic Kid and Dorky Friend get caught up in an Epic Adventure to save a bunch of people who don't like him and don't want his help.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 12:50:43 AM »
I liked it, it starts a little slow, but they're building a world and I thought all the characters grew a lot in the show.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:57 AM »
I like it.  A bit simplistic but the characters do grow on you.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 05:20:27 AM »
Started watching last week after I finished Black Mirror.  I'm really enjoying this series.

I find it's actually more engaging that any other series I've watched recently.  For starters, I don't think I've drifted off and fallen asleep in the middle of an episode (happens not infrequently with the Dragons series).  The end of every episode catches me by surprise.  (Really?  Already?  Why did that seem so short?)  And the way the episodes are strung together, it's hard for me to pull myself away to go do other things I should be doing rather than start another episode.  ("OK, just one more before bed...")

The cast of voice actors they pulled together is fantastic.  I always enjoy hearing Clancy Brown or Ron Perlman providing the voice of a villain.  Hearing both together is just extra special.

And I love Guillermo del Toro's take on gnomes.  I only wish my gnome rogue in D&D was that fast.  :)

On a more somber note, I do have to wonder who will take over the voice of Jim if they produce any more episodes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:35:24 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov