Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes  (Read 48663 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:33:20 AM »
Patch notes for version 1.0.11.1
Update branch: Release
Release date: 13 Jan 2017

Zones
  • Pocket D: Tweak positioning of some of the neon lighting to fix the worst offenders for graphical flicker. Rescue a couple in the green area that were buried in the wall.

• Pocket D: Fix the hero and villain transfer areas beyond the elevators.

Patch notes for version 1.0.11
Release date: 13 Jan 2017

NPCs
  • Found a way to re-enable the default idle animations for many of the static NPCs throughout the game world. Mercedes Sheldon can finally get her legs out of the couch!
Powers
  • New power: Hover. Its movement speed values are set to simulate Hover slotted with 1 flight speed SO, plus unslotted Inherent Swift.

• Super Speed numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player run speed cap.

• Super Jump numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player jump height cap. It was already at the jump speed cap before this change.

• Fly numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player flight speed cap.
Zones
  • In conjunction with Aeon Corp, DJ Zero has commissioned construction of a new wing of Pocket D to cater to adventurous clientele.

This is a community-contributed addition. It was put together by The Demon Hunter, formerly of Virtue server, as a "what-if" of sorts. It's based on an idea was regularly brought up on the official forums while the game was live as an alternative to the (baffling from a lore perspective) Rikti War Zone location. It's also a test not only of how feasible it is to modify content, but as an early trial of some new tech developed for Paragon Chat to help facilitate it. A huge thank you goes out to DH for developing and contributing this amazing content!

• Added a map marker to the door in the Ski Chalet area that leads back to the main Pocket D complex.

Patch notes for version 1.0.10
Release date: 10 Jan 2017

Badges
  • Placed the Cage Fighter badge in Sharkhead, next to Tommy, so that there is a way to obtain it without needing third-party addons.

• Added a way to obtain the Head of the Hydra badge in the Abandoned Sewer Network, so that it does not require manually editing configuration files to earn.
Events
  • The Mysterious Island in Croatoa should no longer sometimes be extra mysterious and fail to appear after switching characters to another already in Croatoa (potentially causing some epic rubber-banding). No visible change as the Halloween event is not currently active.
Zones
  • The Galaxy City Monorail stop is once again functional and open for business.

• Various key figures have returned to their rightful places in Galaxy City.

Patch notes for version 1.0.9.4
Release date: 2 Jan 2017

Badges
  • Fix another dumb typo preventing the accolades from actually awarding when they hit 100% completion. Sigh.

Patch notes for version 1.0.9.3

Badges
  • Fix dumb typo in badge loading code that prevented the zone accolades from tracking/awarding consistently.

Patch notes for version 1.0.9.2

Badges
  • Fix one-off badge in front of the Imperial City tailor that does not follow the standard naming scheme.

• Add hooks to the stats system to allow badges to register for callbacks.

• Periodically refresh status of badges that have been affected by external events, such as stats callbacks, and re-check to see if the requirements have been met.

• Implement necessary logic for badge hints to appear once there is some progress towards obtaining it, as well as badge progress meters.

• Add Toy Collector badge for opening 200 presents scattered around the world.

• Add system support for badges which depend on other badges.

• Add system support for generic volume triggers that can be used to implement special handlers for multi-part exploration badges.

• Automatically load and activate exploration accolades for the majority of the zones which follow a standard naming scheme.

• Manually add exploration accolades for zones with issues precluding the automated system from working: Faultline, Independence Port, and all 6 Praetorian zones.

• Implement Rail Raider and, for the masochists, River Rat multi-part exploration badges.

• Implement Viva Praetoria meta-accolade badge.
Zones
  • Make zone doors that do not link anywhere, but are tagged with an "OpenDoor" beacon open when clicked. This is used for a few doors in the Underground Praetorian zones.

Patch notes for version 1.0.9.1
Release date: 31 Dec 2016

Badges (Yes, Badges)
  • Fix the exploration badges in Independence Port and Crey's Folly that were not awarding. These were broken because the original developers misspelled the zone in the badge name, but correctly in the volume name for earning it, causing a mismatch.
Powers
  • Fix a bug that would cause a crash while loading if two adjacent powers in the powers array were both NULL during compaction.

The primary trigger for this was exchanging gifts with other players, using up all charges of both Holiday Cheer and Mystery Gift, then moving to another zone.

Patch notes for version 1.0.9
Release date: 30 Dec 2016

Miscellaneous
  • Go to place and thing happen. TODO: Write better patch notes.
Pocket D
  • Add a special handler to check for the spawn points used for the gravity geyser on the ski slope in Pocket D and spawn the correct entity. Now those who like living dangerously can take the fork with the jump rather than the teleport.

There weren't that many different types of launchers and they were named consistently enough to guess which one goes with each spawndef. Went ahead and activated all of them so the other geyers in Pocket D should be working, too. Probably the Shadow Shard as well, but haven't checked if they're launching in the correct direction.
Powers
  • The default tray for new characters now includes Teleport. Existing characters that don't have it will need to drag it from the power window to their tray.
UI
  • Add a mapmenu macro by default to the power tray of newly created characters, to help new players get around.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:51:17 AM by Codewalker »

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.9 Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:05:58 AM »
Yup.  Go to place and thing DOES happen.  (I'll wait for someone else to blow the surprise. :) )

Thanks Codewalker!
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Kassandros

• Dead Already and Dead Again
  • Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 08:46:02 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Okay I just deleted my original post because I realized thing I discovered was on fact the same go to place thing happen as described above. No spilling the beans for me. Go to place. Thing happens!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:00:12 AM by Kassandros »

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
Man I'm intrigued. Hoping I can sneak on and find out what the thing that does is.

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »
Snuck on for a minute and things did happen...wonderful things...thank you!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »
It's the thing that other people had been trying to code as an external thing, but it's part of the main thing. It's a wonderful thing.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Korbian

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »
/e happy dance

Edit:  I love how Nyx and my profile pics match, lol.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 12:22:27 AM »
Visited a number of places today, still looking for The Thing.  :)

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 12:39:35 AM »
Patch notes for version 1.0.9
Release date: 30 Dec 2016

Miscellaneous
  • Go to place and thing happen. TODO: Write better patch notes.

Don't bother. This is the single greatest patch note in the history of patch notes.

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 12:49:57 AM »
OOOOOHHHH it's a wonderful thing! 

The Skippylabs

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
Go. Place. Thing Happen.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »
Don't bother. This is the single greatest patch note in the history of patch notes.
Agreed. It's succinct. I went places. Things happened. Nuff Said. Details schmetails.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
Yay!
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

techsean

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »
Just tossing out a thanks for Paragon chat. It was great to hear the music as I flew over the city again. Brought back some great memories and I just wanted to extend my thanks for all the works the Devs do on this game.

POWERARIEL

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 06:16:02 AM »
These updates are great! Especially the badges. Nothing makes me happier than being able to receive a badge again like the good ole days. Another update that I think would be cool is to bring back the cars that used to drive around in the zones and the pedestrians. I feel like they would liven up the zones since most of the time I'm the only one there and it gets creepy and lonely lol.. I wish the villain groups and monsters could just hang around in the zones again too and not kill you but just be there like NPC's. Especially in Croatoa, I used to go there and just watch the Fire Bolg attack and watch the Ghost wreak havoc.

Dannii

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
I am totally lost. I can't find place and therefore thing hasn't happened. :(

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »
Don't try to be a Federales. You need 'em, even if they stink.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »

Stand on the top of the Atlas statue.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 06:13:36 AM »
Bump for new update

Patch notes for version 1.0.9.2

Badges
  • Fix one-off badge in front of the Imperial City tailor that does not follow the standard naming scheme.

• Add hooks to the stats system to allow badges to register for callbacks.

• Periodically refresh status of badges that have been affected by external events, such as stats callbacks, and re-check to see if the requirements have been met.

• Implement necessary logic for badge hints to appear once there is some progress towards obtaining it, as well as badge progress meters.

• Add Toy Collector badge for opening 200 presents scattered around the world.

• Add system support for badges which depend on other badges.

• Add system support for generic volume triggers that can be used to implement special handlers for multi-part exploration badges.

• Automatically load and activate exploration accolades for the majority of the zones which follow a standard naming scheme.

• Manually add exploration accolades for zones with issues precluding the automated system from working: Faultline, Independence Port, and all 6 Praetorian zones.

• Implement Rail Raider and, for the masochists, River Rat multi-part exploration badges.

• Implement Viva Praetoria meta-accolade badge.
Zones
  • Make zone doors that do not link anywhere, but are tagged with an "OpenDoor" beacon open when clicked. This is used for a few doors in the Underground Praetorian zones.

Kassandros

• Dead Already and Dead Again
  • Minion
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 06:30:43 AM »
How do we get Codewalker's employer to extend his holidays year-round? I think he could bring the whole game back in a year at this rate! :-x

Great work!