Author Topic: Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes  (Read 48680 times)

Marine X

• Minion
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.9 Patch Notes
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 12:50:15 PM »
Fantastic Work, great to go Standing there and get thing again, lots to do.
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X

Carnada

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 12:59:42 PM »
"Implement Rail Raider and, for the masochists, River Rat multi-part exploration badges."

Apparently, I am a masochist.  :)
"Choose your causes carefully, if not, if you try to champion every good cause that comes along, you'll wear yourself out, at best, and worse, become a dilettante -- an ineffective dabbler. Pick a few that are the most near and dear to you, and give them your all, trusting that others are out there handling the other causes with equal fervor."

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 03:37:14 AM »
To log into Paragon Chat and watch 5 accolade badges trigger based on prior nav badge collection... it's a good feeling. :D
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »
To log into Paragon Chat and watch 5 accolade badges trigger based on prior nav badge collection... it's a good feeling. :D

It reminded me of making a new character and having 8 years of vet rewards to collect

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 03:18:21 AM »
Hah, I was right.

When Nyx mentioned upthread that it was a thing that people had tried to do externally, I knew that was a reference to my badgebot.  (The major other potential "go to place"-related external things were NPC bots; at least, my bot was place-related, being stationary.  I knew it wasn't NPCs, as Paragon Chat has had those since forever.)  Decided not to point it out and ruin the surprise.

The core functionality of the badgebot did work, btw, I just never got time to finish dealing with some of the wrinkles caused by handling badge tracking via a bot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:43:37 AM by Dyne »
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »
It doesn't mean the badge bot can't be used in other ways.  (Loc-based Fed Ex missions?  Call Boxes?  History Plaques?)

Dyne

• Lieutenant
  • Gluer of Gears
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 04:05:34 AM »
It doesn't mean the badge bot can't be used in other ways.  (Loc-based Fed Ex missions?  Call Boxes?  History Plaques?)

It already did history plaques, but yeah, it could be used for any number of things.  I have no problem with badges being part of PC, though; that was actually the preferred solution, and it's more transparent for the player.

I started the badgebot simply to try and give people more to do, allowing Codewalker to focus on higher priority things.  Just wasn't able to finish it.
-= Virtue Server - 2004-06-13 to 2012-11-30 =-
hortis publicis gemini in aeternum

Usurper Dyne, Still Heart, River Elemental, Saul Invictus, Grim Grinner

donobeastson

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
I can go ahead and confirm (assuming nobody else has beaten me to it) that the jump geysers in the Shadow Shard are also operational.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:16 PM »
I can go ahead and confirm (assuming nobody else has beaten me to it) that the jump geysers in the Shadow Shard are also operational.
Oh, that's awesome.  I'd been ignoring them because I assumed they were non-functional.  Thanks for the heads up.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
Happy New Year to Codewalker, Leandro and Tony and all the dev' team flying the flag for CoH.  As well as a Happy New Year to the CoH community on here.

1.0.9 is a very intriguing release.

The best implementation of TP yet!  A nice dollop of seconds to pick your spot when site seeing.  Far better than the original in my view.

A basic powers framework (!) was the most thought provoking bullet point.  So we have...recharge...and targeting?  This almost teases the Paragon Chat community...  I guess the powers do 'feel' more like the originals.  (I looked at the recharge on the snowball...)

...and with that...'something' (!) finally to do.  A Christmas event which my honoury duo partner and myself participated in. 

Badges!  I got the Atlas one...and a few location badges in IP!  Yes.  More 'something' to do!

And combat...PVP style...with...snowballs!  And playing frisby.  I never had the snowball in the original game so I made up for lost time...

...and....

Present collecting.  Lots of them.  I have candy canes! :D

A great release.  A sign post of things to come?

Azrael.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »
Late though it may be, I wanted to add my thanks for the latest update and the goodies included therein. Outstanding!

And very much thanks for not pulling the snow, or the presents yet. I did not get on until this week. I hope the presents and snow last a while, I have not gotten my fill of them.

Badge hunting, and present opening... earning an Accolade...

Yes, it does threaten to make me choke up a bit. Happy, though, very happy.
Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 01:24:25 AM »
And very much thanks for not pulling the snow, or the presents yet. I did not get on until this week. I hope the presents and snow last a while, I have not gotten my fill of them.

1.0.8 Patch Notes:

As the first week did not include any kind of persistence, for this year only the event has been extended to run through January 15, 2017. Subsequent years will run on the normal schedule of December 7 through January 6.

You still have time, but less than a week.  Next Sunday, it ends.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.10 Patch Notes
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 06:34:57 AM »
Bump for updates n' stuff.

Patch notes for version 1.0.10
Update branch: Release
Release date: 10 Jan 2017

Badges
  • Placed the Cage Fighter badge in Sharkhead, next to Tommy, so that there is a way to obtain it without needing third-party addons.

• Added a way to obtain the Head of the Hydra badge in the Abandoned Sewer Network, so that it does not require manually editing configuration files to earn.
Events
  • The Mysterious Island in Croatoa should no longer sometimes be extra mysterious and fail to appear after switching characters to another already in Croatoa (potentially causing some epic rubber-banding). No visible change as the Halloween event is not currently active.
Zones
  • The Galaxy City Monorail stop is once again functional and open for business.

• Various key figures have returned to their rightful places in Galaxy City.

skippy7721

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »
I can't believe the amount of updates that have been pouring out! This is fantastic Codewalker.

Fighting Blaze

• Prom King 2017
  • Underling
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
I AM UNWORTHY!!

Again amazing how many updates you have been throwing out. Just had to remind myself of this fact. It was only just a few weeks ago we were so eager to see if you were still alive and planning on updating anything new.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 1.0.11 Patch Notes
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
For great justice.

Patch notes for version 1.0.11
Release date: 13 Jan 2017

NPCs
  • Found a way to re-enable the default idle animations for many of the static NPCs throughout the game world. Mercedes Sheldon can finally get her legs out of the couch!
Powers
  • New power: Hover. Its movement speed values are set to simulate Hover slotted with 1 flight speed SO, plus unslotted Inherent Swift.

• Super Speed numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player run speed cap.

• Super Jump numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player jump height cap. It was already at the jump speed cap before this change.

• Fly numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player flight speed cap.
Zones
  • In conjunction with Aeon Corp, DJ Zero has commissioned construction of a new wing of Pocket D to cater to adventurous clientele.

This is a community-contributed addition. It was put together by The Demon Hunter, formerly of Virtue server, as a "what-if" of sorts. It's based on an idea was regularly brought up on the official forums while the game was live as an alternative to the (baffling from a lore perspective) Rikti War Zone location. It's also a test not only of how feasible it is to modify content, but as an early trial of some new tech developed for Paragon Chat to help facilitate it. A huge thank you goes out to DH for developing and contributing this amazing content!

• Added a map marker to the door in the Ski Chalet area that leads back to the main Pocket D complex.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 02:58:47 AM »
Mapping skills?  How has NCSoft not given the game up yet when the community has mapper talents?

Eh no need to answer here, but dang, good work guys.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 03:15:55 AM »
For great justice.

Patch notes for version 1.0.11
Release date: 13 Jan 2017

NPCs
  • Found a way to re-enable the default idle animations for many of the static NPCs throughout the game world. Mercedes Sheldon can finally get her legs out of the couch!
Powers
  • New power: Hover. Its movement speed values are set to simulate Hover slotted with 1 flight speed SO, plus unslotted Inherent Swift.
  • Super Speed numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player run speed cap.
  • Super Jump numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player jump height cap. It was already at the jump speed cap before this change.
  • Fly numbers adjusted to simulate the power being slotted with 3 SOs, which hits the player flight speed cap.
Zones
  • In conjunction with Aeon Corp, DJ Zero has commissioned construction of a new wing of Pocket D to cater to adventurous clientele.

This is a community-contributed addition. It was put together by The Demon Hunter, formerly of Virtue server, as a "what-if" of sorts. It's based on an idea was regularly brought up on the official forums while the game was live as an alternative to the (baffling from a lore perspective) Rikti War Zone location. It's also a test not only of how feasible it is to modify content, but as an early trial of some new tech developed for Paragon Chat to help facilitate it. A huge thank you goes out to DH for developing and contributing this amazing content!
  • Added a map marker to the door in the Ski Chalet area that leads back to the main Pocket D complex.
Sholy hit!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 04:08:55 AM »
I'm digging the "Green Side" of Pocket D.  Nicely done!

Hat tip to TheDemonHunter!

How to find it:

Outside View from Ski Chalet 'bubble':

Inside:

Lots of nooks and crannies in this place.  Go see for yourself. :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:01:40 AM by Tahquitz »

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:54 AM »
Wow, seems like every time I log in lately, there's something even more fabulous!  Loving the new "Green Room" in the "D", and players have been really crowing over the getting Hover and Teleport!   Loving every bit of it!  Thanks, CW and Team, and Thanks, TheDemonHunter!!

By the way, does anyone mind if I share these images with the FB COH groups?