Author Topic: Downloaded Paragon Chat; cannot log in to game site  (Read 2687 times)

Starfighter

• Underling
Downloaded Paragon Chat; cannot log in to game site
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:45:22 AM »
After much difficulty, I have finally managed to download Paragon Chat Version: Release 1.0.9.  However, the box asking for my XMPP Account and XMPP Password does not accept the information I have typed into it.  Where are these pieces of identity information found, and how are they acquired?  Many thanks for assistance on this.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Downloaded Paragon Chat; cannot log in to game site
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:16:26 AM »
Your XMPP Username is your forum name followed by @chat.cohtitan.com (mine would be Tahquitz@chat.cohtitan.com).

The password is the same as your forum password.  When you change your forum password, Paragon Chat will automatically change with it.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Starfighter

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:21:11 AM »
My thanks for the clarification on this; however, the password you indicated is completely unknown to me.  Is there any method through which to recall it and/or change it?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:25:10 AM »
If you're able to post in the forums, you've set the password already.

If you have your web browser remember passwords, and you don't remember it, you can reset it at http://www.cohtitan.com/forgot.  A message will be sent to your email address on file when you registered.

If you use a password manager (like LastPass, KeePass, 1Password, etc.) to set your passwords for you, just copy the password for the Titan Forums from your secure area (Vault, locker, etc.) into the clipboard and paste it into Paragon Chat when you log in.

Starfighter

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
My apologies, but I have attempted to utilize the steps indicated above and they have proved ineffective.  The situation is, rather predictably, becoming somewhat frustrating and I believe that a person-to-person, step-by-step process will be needed to isolate where the problem is, and how to correct it.  In the meantime, the hour is growing late and I will be signing out until tomorrow.  Again, all thanks for your attention to this.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:54:33 AM »
Past this, I'll need to talk on Private Messaging.  Check it above under "My Messages."