Paragon Chat > Add-ons and Modifications

Vidiotmaps

(1/7) > >>

umber:
Do the old vidiotmaps work with Paragon Chat?  Would be handy now that badges are enabled.

If so, where would one place the maps?  vidiotmaps extracts to a data folder with a texture library subfolder and three MAPS, P_MAPS, and V_MAPS sub-subfolders with contents.  Guessing I would put this data folder in either the location of the i24 files or where Paragon Chat itself is installed (for me, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat, but i've tried dropping that data folder in both locations to no obvious impact. 

EDIT: found it about a picosecond after posting, ain't that the way it always is?
There is a data folder at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat\Client, drop it there.

Tahquitz:
Hit the nail on the head.

I installed Vidiot Maps just now and confirmed this works.  Here's the steps, in case you, the forum reader, want to try this (close Paragon Chat first!):

1. Install Vidiot Maps from Sourceforge (I REALLY hate them after Dice took over and started all sorts of shenanigans, but the Vidiot Maps program isn't popular enough to catch their radar for sales.  I installed it and didn't get any drive-by installs.  If someone else has a mirror, I'm glad to replace this link.)

2. Point the installer towards a temporary folder you make somewhere.  I made a empty folder on my Desktop.  Once the installer finishes, open the folder.  It should show a folder called "Data" and an uninstall app to remove the custom maps.  Highlight them all and copy.

3. Open Windows Explorer/File Explorer and type "%APPDATA%" into the Address.  Find the "ParagonChat" folder  =OR= Open Paragon Chat and click the blue folder icon.

4. Open the "client" folder, which should also have a "Data" folder among others.  Paste the contents there.

Done.

saipaman:

--- Quote from: Tahquitz on December 31, 2016, 08:34:03 PM ---
3. Open Windows Explorer/File Explorer and type "%APPDATA%" into the Address.  Find the "ParagonChat" folder  =OR= Open Paragon Chat and click the blue folder icon.

--- End quote ---

Using the blue folder icon is the simplest, and most foolproof, method.

Tahquitz:
Simple for me is shortcutting the ParagonChat folder in APPDATA, so I don't even have to open the program to get there.  (Or in Windows 10, drop it in Quick Access on the lefthand side of File Explorer.)  But, to each their own.

saipaman:
In this case, it isn't the journey.  It is the destination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version