Author Topic: VR Question  (Read 2465 times)

nicoliy

• Boss
VR Question
« on: January 01, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »
So I got one of those Google Cardboard VR set things for Christmas and noticed there are some games that have workarounds to make them work from PC streaming to the glasses. Minecraft is an example of one that uses a custom mod to simulate the vr process.

Does anyone know of any program that would work with Paragon Chat to do this? I think it'd be sweet to fly around in VR Paragon City.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
Re: VR Question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:28 PM »
I don't have a VR set, but I would totally buy one if this were possible!

Lyc~

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: VR Question
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:06:44 AM »
I'm leaning on "No" for the same reason why 4K resolution, HDR Gaming, Linux Clients or High DPI isn't likely to be natively supported on Paragon Chat. 

As a general idea, if it wasn't a technology in existence when City of Heroes was running (or the devs didn't support it at the time), it's probably not going to work.  Although I agree if it did it would be cool... at the cost of my own nausea after overuse. :D

As far as a "shim program" that would force City of Heroes onto a set of VR Goggles, it would be less than desirable results... like using them to watch a non-3D DVD movie.  (You could, I guess if you use the VR Goggles in a sense of maintaining privacy, but without headtracking or UI Optmizations, why?)  If one is out there, I'm willing to learn about it.

"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran