Author Topic: Dazed and confused!  (Read 2370 times)

TheMamaKanga

• Underling
Dazed and confused!
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:41:31 PM »
Hello everyone! I have been away from all of the adventures that y'all are having and I would like some help, if possible.  ;D
I have successfully downloaded and installed the newest cohtitan "tequila" version. I can create a character, enter AP and run around. That's as far as I can go. I don't see anyone else, don't hear an chatting, can't move into different zones...tried the trams, looked for Oroboros Portals and tried crossing through the tunnels in AP. I have also tried (unsuccessfully) to use /map move 1.
I wanna play with friends, even if its not in combat!! What am i doing wrong? Or is there some other part that I didn't download and need to go back and get?
Thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty techno illiterate, hubby is a guru but he is busy working!

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Dazed and confused!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:53:34 AM »
Make sure you are using Paragon Chat and not Icon. In Paragon Chat you can chat and interact with other ... chatters. Icon lets you make characters or spawn NPCs, but there's no interaction to speak of.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
Re: Dazed and confused!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »
Along the top of the chat window click the "Friends" tab and scroll it to "Paragon Chat". If "Paragon Chat" doesn't show up in your "Friends" list, you are either running Paragon Chat in offline mode, or running Icon instead of Paragon Chat.

If "Paragon Chat" does show up in your "Friends" list, go to the "Chat" chat window (by the "Global" and "Help" windows) and right click in the middle of the "Chat" chat window and click "Edit Tab". "Paragon Chat" should be in the list on the left. If not, move it from the list on the right to the list on the left and hit "ok". Then, in the box where you type in text to chat to people, type "/chat_set Paragon Chat". Now chat away, someone should reply.

If "Paragon Chat" is not in your "Friends" list, that will take a lot more help here. Let us know.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men