Author Topic: Paragon Chat Patch Notes Discussion  (Read 72313 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
Re: Paragon Chat Patch Notes Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
OMG!  This was always one of the highlights of the gaming year in CoH!  Thank you so much for bringing back!  No fighting, but at least now there is dying, and even that feels nostalgic!  8)
What was no more, is now reborn!

Carnada

• Minion
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »
Are there any hints to the TOT Easter egg?
"Choose your causes carefully, if not, if you try to champion every good cause that comes along, you'll wear yourself out, at best, and worse, become a dilettante -- an ineffective dabbler. Pick a few that are the most near and dear to you, and give them your all, trusting that others are out there handling the other causes with equal fervor."

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »
That one exists.

There's a reason they're called Easter Eggs.  Someone has to find them first.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
Now that people have had a chance to experience the event cold, here are the full patch notes. Huuuge hint about the easter egg for those who didn't spot somebody with the badge and find it last night.

Supplementary patch notes for version 1.0.14
Update branch: Release
Release date: 17 Oct 2017

Events
  • Added Trick or Treat event. The event runs yearly from Oct 1 - Oct 31.

• Most doors in outdoor city zones are eligible. Some doors in common social hubs are excluded.

• There is a 3 second cooldown after a successful trick or treat before another door can be clicked.

• After being clicked, doors become ineligible for trick or teating for 10 minutes. Unlike the live game, this is rolling counter and they do not all reset at once.

• There is a 50% chance of receiving a treat from the following list:

• A piece of Halloween salvage: Statesman Halloween Mask, Lord Recluse Halloween Mask, Back Alley Brawler Halloween Gloves, or Hamidon Halloween Costume. (Common)

This salvage currently does not have any in-game purpose, but as was done with the winter event, a vendor will likely be added as some point to trade it in for permanent powers or other items.

• One of 33 temporary costume powers. These powers expire 14 days (real time) after being acquired. (Uncommon)

Note: Each power has a separate entry in the drop table, so while their rarity is uncommon, they drop quite frequently at first because there are so many.

• A candy cane. (Uncommon)

• A rock. Single use temp power, can stack up to 10 charges. (Rare)

• Box of 11 candy canes. (Very Rare)

• If you don't receive a treat, you'll instead get a trick:

• A halloween-themed pop-up door message. (Common)

• A redcap on your head! (Uncommon)

• Transformed into a Rikti Monkey for 1 minute. They finally made a monkey out of you. (Uncommon)

• Mot will reach up and 'tentaport' you to a random location. (Uncommon)

• "Mot Chompers". Inspired by the Voracious Maw power from the Dilemma Diabolique Incarnate Trial. (Uncommon)

• "Falling Sword". The sword cracks the ground and leaves a deadly blue patch that deal fast-ticking damage to anyone standing on it. Based on Battle Maiden's ability to call down falling swords (oddly called 'Spears') from the fight with her in the Apex Task Force. (Uncommon)

• "Confused Zombie". A zombie got lost on its way to a zone invasion event. (Rare)

• "Orbital Cannon". Instant death to anyone who doesn't move out of the target area. Loosely based on the Obliteration Beam from the final battle with Anti-Matter in the Keyes Island Reactor Trial. (Very Rare)

• The Trick or Treat event enables players to earn three new badges:

• Clothes Horse - Collect 10 costume temp powers

• Fashionable - Collect 25 costume temp powers

• Ostentatious - Collect 50 costume temp powers
Gameplay
  • The 'go to hospital' button in the defeat dialog is now functional.

• Hit Points and Max HP are now synchronized over XMPP, so other players' health bars will be somewhat accurate.
Miscellaneous
  • Added a new easter egg, and a badge for finding it.

Or maybe there is no badge, and this is just a twisted way to see how Gullible people are.
Powers
  • The option to delete temporary powers from the power list window is now functional. Not-so-subtle hint: Using this ability is the only way to earn the Ostentatious badge without waiting until next year.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:39:09 PM by Codewalker »

rodharris

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 04:49:50 AM »
codewalker, i just want to let you know what a great job that you have done, the halloween content is great. tyvm

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »
Thanks for the Tricks and Treats, Codewalker. :)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »
Thanks for treats!
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
  • Added a new easter egg, and a badge for finding it.

This is good.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
Thanks again for all you give to the coh community

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »
I missed the Halloween event last year, this is awesome. Trick or Treating is fun! I love the tricks and the treats, wonderfully imaginative way of using the client! My treat for this year is just being able to experience Halloween in my city again.   :D :D :D
Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2017, 05:26:11 AM »
Codewalker, I taught him everything he knows.
I'm so proud.

Ok, ok, I never met the man, geez.

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2017, 04:00:59 PM »
Maybe not the best place to ask this but:

I recently reinstalled Windows and Paragon Chat on a new harddrive and my badge collection character from before is no longer in the list of characters. As he had over 400 badges, I'd like to continue using him.  I still have access to the old harddrive.

What files need to be copied from my old harddrive to the new one to get my badge character back?

Thanks!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
On the old hard drive, look under \Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat

Go into the "Database" subfolder. The file you're after is ParagonChat.db. Copy it over to the new computer. Make backups, preferably onto a cloud service like dropbox/onedrive.

If you installed PC somewhere other than the default location, you'll need to search for it. Since it sounds like you're no longer booting off the drive you can't just use the folder button in the login window to find it.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:23 AM »
I was only skimming the patch notes. I totes overlooked the tentaport line item. It got me today. I really wish that had been on live. That was so much fun. I mean, imagine a whole group tentaported to different places on the map! How funtastic would that have been?

It can't be said too much or too often: Thank you for all of your hard work.

Marine X

• Minion
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »
Just the way my luck goes I sorta missed most of the window for the event. Did it start on the first of October or the 17th?
Guess I better get at it.....
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »
It started on the 17th. In subsequent years it'll start on Oct 1.

Don't worry though, there will be a 1.0.14.1 patch before the end of the month that extends it Nov 16 for 2017 only, since we'd otherwise lose two weeks. That should give a bit of time for people just hearing about it to give it a try without being rushed.

Marine X

• Minion
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
DYING IS SO COOL!!!

Never thought I would be happy to see the " Go to Hospital " pop up on the screen, lol. Best update yet. If you get any inspirations on other ways we can meet with grisly, gory, horrific, stinging, embarrassing Death, BRING EM ON!

A Few Deadly Spawns here and there peppered around the City would add a great deal of spice to an otherwise Totally safe environment. Half the thrill of COH was getting your butt handed to you by Jack in Irons when you rounded the wrong corner in Croatoa or didn't notice that crowd of Knives of Artemis until they had diced and sliced you into a photo-worthy Deli presentation.
Not that I'm a sadist or anything, ahem, but a little risk of losing life or limb can make badge hunting a challenge and wandering the city exciting.

Great work on the event CW.
                                                                   Marine X

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
I just jumped in for a bit of trick or treat fun. That was a good time, thank you so much.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
DYING IS SO COOL!!!

Never thought I would be happy to see the " Go to Hospital " pop up on the screen, lol. Best update yet. If you get any inspirations on other ways we can meet with grisly, gory, horrific, stinging, embarrassing Death, BRING EM ON!

A Few Deadly Spawns here and there peppered around the City would add a great deal of spice to an otherwise Totally safe environment. Half the thrill of COH was getting your butt handed to you by Jack in Irons when you rounded the wrong corner in Croatoa or didn't notice that crowd of Knives of Artemis until they had diced and sliced you into a photo-worthy Deli presentation.
Not that I'm a sadist or anything, ahem, but a little risk of losing life or limb can make badge hunting a challenge and wandering the city exciting.

Great work on the event CW.

Not everyone would want to do this.  Perhaps the outdoor areas of PVP zones could be made dangerous in some manner?   Provocative Violent Participation?   Use the PVP indicator to indicate that it only happens in those zones?   Or put something in AE?   

Codewalker for mayor of Paragon City!

Marine X

• Minion
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »
I wasn't really thinking of regular city zones, but mostly Hazard Zones. It's just a little sad to roam through the Hive or visit Monster Island and there is nothing there to make you be Careful. Croatoa was always one of my favorites because it was sorta always Halloween there between Eochai and Jack, Sally and the witches, it was spooky.
I Miss seeing Adamaster, Jurrasik, Babbage, and Luska, you know the guys who could one hit you most of the time, absent from their normal stomping grounds. Seems weird standing on the Rickti Mothership and there is nothing to worry about.
                                                                   Marine X