Author Topic: Norton  (Read 2524 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Norton
« on: January 19, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
I realize that Norton isn't most tech savvy people's favorite internet protection software. But - it's what I have.

Since I've upgraded to Win 10 - and then had to do a fresh installation - all my CoH stuff is gone.

When I went to download Tequila - my system didn't like it. Shut down the download almost before it started.

Other than just turning Norton off - (I like to multi-task during downloads) is there a way to resolve this?
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Norton
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
Add it to the exclusions in Settings for Download Intelligence.
Add the file and folder to the exclusions for Norton.

You're better off removing Norton and getting a better antivirus, but I'm vehemently anti-Symantec. Bankruptcy is too good for 'em.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
if you do remove it make sure you use the tool on their website. norton and mcafee are notorious for leaving crap after uninstall that will randomly mess up completely unrelated things years later.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
Add it to the exclusions in Settings for Download Intelligence.
Add the file and folder to the exclusions for Norton.

You're better off removing Norton and getting a better antivirus, but I'm vehemently anti-Symantec. Bankruptcy is too good for 'em.

I'm sure you have valid reasons - but since I've gotten them and Malwarebytes, I haven't had a single issue. Whereas, with the competition, not so smooth.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese