Author Topic: Cannot Load Issue 24 Beta....  (Read 3145 times)

Nightfall

• Underling
Cannot Load Issue 24 Beta....
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »
Hi All,
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I scanned this forum and could not find any post dealing with this specific problem:
When I try to run Tequilla to download the Issue 24 Beta, it begins to download, then a pop up box comes up saying: "The process cannot access the file C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\cg.dll.download because it is being used by another process".
Admittedly, I am not the most computer savvy person, but I have pretty sure there are no other applications open, etc.
Does anyone know what may be the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Cannot Load Issue 24 Beta....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:56:27 AM »
If you're using Avast, try excluding My Documents and its contents from scanning and shield protection.

Nightfall

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:09 AM »
Yes, I am using Avast, and did not think of that.
I'll give it a shot and see what happens - thanks for the response!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:51:54 PM »
Do not install it to any OS controlled folders such as My Documents. You'll have far fewer headaches if you just make a folder for itself, such as C:\Games\CoH.  If you have a second HD, it'd be even better to put it on there instead.

OS controlled folders are nothing but a headache when it comes to CoH and Paragon Chat.

Nightfall

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 06:28:19 AM »
Thank you for the good advice; however, I'd already installed it under My Documents before I saw your post.
I added the My Documents folder under the Avast exclusions, and everything appears to be working just fine - ran around in Outbreak for a bit earlier this evening.
Do you think it would be worth the time to uninstall the whole thing and start over - reinstalling it under C:\Games\COH ?
Doing the wait for the download again is no big deal, as I had it going while sleeping last night - just wondering if it being under the My Documents folder would cause too many more headaches over time.

Thanks again for the input Pengy and FFMan, you've been a big help.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:55 AM »
Thank you for the good advice; however, I'd already installed it under My Documents before I saw your post.
I added the My Documents folder under the Avast exclusions, and everything appears to be working just fine - ran around in Outbreak for a bit earlier this evening.
Do you think it would be worth the time to uninstall the whole thing and start over - reinstalling it under C:\Games\COH ?
Doing the wait for the download again is no big deal, as I had it going while sleeping last night - just wondering if it being under the My Documents folder would cause too many more headaches over time.

Thanks again for the input Pengy and FFMan, you've been a big help.

Uninstall? God no.  Just move the folder in Windows Explorer. 

You should still be able to run Paragon Chat after moving the files: When Paragon Chat is installed, it's put in the APPDATA folder.  The next time you run it, you'll need to tell it where you moved Issue 24.  That's it.   Don't delete or reinstall from scratch with Tequila.

Paragon Chat needs the Issue 24 files, but it never 'touches' them or changes their contents. Once Tequila finishes it's job, and you have the Issue 24 files on your system, you don't need to download them ever again.  In fact, you can copy them to a USB Drive to keep them safe.  Or if you want to install Paragon Chat on another system, it's as simple as how fast your USB drive can send the files.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Nightfall

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »
Tahquitz,
Thanks for the great info/ suggestions.
Unfortunately, I had initially downloaded the program into the My Documents\Downloads directory, and other unrelated downloaded files were already in there (so they were not in a dedicated directory).
But I gather from what you said that I should still be able to grab all the pertinent files out of the Downloads directory and move them into their own directory, and still have Paragon chat work, correct?

I appreciate this board's help - makes me remember how much I loved playing this game for eight years!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:30 PM »
I don't have a list of files to pick out and separate, maybe that is Wiki material for another day.

If the game is running for now and you don't want to move it that's fine.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran