Author Topic: I don't care...  (Read 4437 times)

Xenolord

• Underling
I don't care...
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:52 PM »
...that I have to use console commands to move around the city. That I have to look up every map number I want. That I can't fight anything, and will never (for now) be higher then Level 1. That I can't technically become a villain yet, and it still considers me a hero. That there's not much to do but talk and run around. That I can't talk to NPCs.

I don't care about any of that. It's a moot point, it's unimportant. All I care about... is you guys let me play my baby again. I've missed her for four years... and you let me bring her back. I'm in tears when it started running, and I have you guys to thank for it. I don't care... if this is all it will ever be... a shadow of it's former self. I don't care about that. You let me bring my baby back... and for that, and that alone, you have my respect, my support, and my love.

Thank you.
"I am the Earth's fury given form. I am Ragnarok incarnate. I am the Tsunami and the Quake. The crushing glacier and the blazing volcano! I am War! I am Pestilence! I am Famine, and I am Death! I am the Sailor-Suited Soldier of Chaos and Destruction! I am Sailor Apocalypse!!" ~Sailor Apocalypse Day of Flame

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: I don't care...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »
Totally agree. Not one day in the last 4 years went by without me thinking about this game.

To be able to at least go inside the city zones and look and run around is just awesome.

This game was like a second home for the 8 years I played in it and was gutted when I logged in one day and saw THAT announcement.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
My mains are very, very dear to me.  To be able to see them again was a miracle.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
My mains are very, very dear to me.  To be able to see them again was a miracle.

Actually it makes the city a little more interesting. I used to run from mission to mission or TF or hunt and never really noticed how much little fun details went into the billboards and store signs and what not.

Being able to go around and just really look and see things I never noticed in 8 years is amazing. And a tribute to how much care and attention they put into the design of all the zones.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:00:11 PM »
THANKS CodeWalker and PChat FRIENDS

Thanks to PChat, I am able to recreate my COH toons and interact with the City. 
Here's a picture of most of the recreated toons (I couldn't get Aero Cheetah, Philea o'Boerf and the original Volterana in here as I ran out of processor power ;) ) posing with Sun (in the back in black) at the Atlas steps:

Well, 22 out of the original 111 City of Heroes toons, anyway!

EDIT: Just noticed Longercat was in there - she wasn't in COH
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:37:26 PM by crashpositron »

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 10:36:44 PM »
TWENTY-TWO OUT OF ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN

All the recreated COH toons in one shot, but Philea, Lt Steph Hawkins and the (original) Volterana

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
TWENTY-TWO OUT OF ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN

All the recreated COH toons in one shot, but Philea, Lt Steph Hawkins and the (original) Volterana

That REALLY gets the blood stirring!  Day-um....this was a FUN game! :)

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
Oh...and NC....perhaps you haven't noticed.....but I've got MONEY....and I'm KEEPING it! >:(

Surelle

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »
Oh...and NC....perhaps you haven't noticed.....but I've got MONEY....and I'm KEEPING it! >:(

Yeah...exactly this.  And they wonder why their newer games aren't doing so well.  Blade & Soul, Wildstar, even MxM, no one cares.  Gamers have been burned one too many times by NCSoft's shutterings.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
Xenolord, do try the new Player Mission that'll be released at the Summer Block Party.  If you (or other PChat players) can't make it that night, catch me in-game and I'll run it for you:

Sinnfultear

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:33 AM »
hello everyone im Sinnful Tear and Cookie Phantom in coh if you would like to ski or badge hunt with me feel free to come

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »
In case you are still interested, Xenolord: Ouroboros 02/08/2018